Page 740 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... LastLast
Results 18,476 to 18,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    There is sufficient data to support the claim.
    The odd thing about this claim is its inherent reliance on personal experience bias. Not that the bias is unusual, but doesn't it seem dangerous as an atheist to stake an absolute claim which can be disproven simply by the existence of a single person who understands the scientific method and also believes x, where x is anything the scientific method cannot disprove? After all, the scientific method doesn't provide for a testable hypothesis to disprove theism, so mutual exclusivity and non-existence are theological arguments, not scientific ones. And since generally the argument goes that the search has been sufficient, how does it look when the same logic is disproven in a simple survey of humans?

It's obviously your topic, I'm just saying it's got even less chance of fixing anything related to this thread than all the political aspects, which can at least become relevant in a few months or so.

It's not supposed to fix anything, but it might explain how hippies, antivaxxers and the right wing can converge to common positions on the handling of COVID-19. They are believers.

The use of "believe" is completely at odds with the nature of the scientific process.

All science has are theories and the claim that theories are enough, even though they require enough skepticism and admission of fallibility to be able to replace a given paradigm with a different polemic. To not know.

Another way to look at it is that we all have some amount of theist or believer and nontheist, data driven scientic in us. They are just completely different philosophies of thought and it's OK for them to coexist. If an induhvidual relies on one or the other, that's fine, but it always leads to one form of a paradox or another when they mix.

When people bind themselves to a scientific theory or it's exclusion, and for them it is immutable, they have receded to Theism.

Hitchens joke: What do you get when you cross a Unitarian Universalist with a Jehovahs Witness?

Someone who knocks on your door and then says there not quite sure why they're there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Once they get you to believe, truly believe, that a Magic Sky Lord made the universe in six days and reads your innermost thoughts...Well, the rest is a lot easier.
    Tell me mister smarty pants, who is this "they" you refer to? It smacks of those who fantasize of a vast conspiracy the Illuminati or some such. Oh, and the Lord I believe in isn't limited to the sky or any other small subset your silly bias can focus on as a pejorative, for the sake of ridiculing what you don't have the capacity to understand, and therefore choose to mock. I fully understand the rational empiricists' perspective, I also understand the superstitious prejudice of blind faith, but don't delude yourself to believe that this simplistic polarization encompasses all that is, or that your belief in either reveals the limit of more than your capacity to perceive.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I think having read a lot of sci-fi in my life, I am perhaps better prepared to roll with the punches on this one.... and it all started here Name:  IMG_9096.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9106.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  117.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Tell me mister smarty pants, who is this "they" you refer to? It smacks of those who fantasize of a vast conspiracy the Illuminati or some such. Oh, and the Lord I believe in isn't limited to the sky or any other small subset your silly bias can focus on as a pejorative, for the sake of ridiculing what you don't have the capacity to understand, and therefore choose to mock. I fully understand the rational empiricists' perspective, I also understand the superstitious prejudice of blind faith, but don't delude yourself to believe that this simplistic polarization encompasses all that is, or that your belief in either reveals the limit of more than your capacity to perceive.
    JFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    So it’s our job to make you likable, Ronny?
    Nope, just asking to not be tarred and feathered for voicing a differing viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. Double quote double tap.

Musta hit a nerve. Sorry. It’s all fun. Until the final exam.

But back on point, can we agree that social distancing, hand washing, and Oxford commas are appropriate?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    When I was young my father told me "the pain of death is reserved for the living." Though I'd lost many people in my life it took him dying for me to truly understand what he meant.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Name:  IMG_9106.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  117.6 KB
    Is this horseshit happening around the world or just is the selfish, moronic US of A?

Name:  41ty7g.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  92.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Just calmly explain to these people that Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton can already trace everyone through their network of hidden cameras in all public places, combined with facial recognition software developed by Microsoft. And once they get a camera on you, they can follow you with Drones the size of a mosquito, and at a macro level with George Soros’ fleet of stealth AWACS. So contact tracing is the least of their problems.

The Government will also gain access to everyone’s personal information when the stimulus payments are deposited to their account. So people should refuse the government dole. It’s just a plot to make us all dependent on The Deep State anyway
    Bravo!
    Well done
    You are a master of the anti deep state
    I congratulate you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So what are the running theories about the sailors that are testing positive again?

Has anybody used the analogy of “eye of the storm,” yet? It kinda works.

Do the articles about these cases of positive then negative then positive again mention if the people are becoming sick again? Like a second round of symptoms? Or are they being retested because they are on a navy boat and it’s just protocol.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...RmNwBft1UO0uYo

could be a variation of this ^^ buddy is a professor of infectious disease, he has had covid for > 7 weeks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Trump team is really pushing this Obama "gate" nonsense hard. They pushed the agenda out to all their sources. They didn't forget that this is an election year and Covid19 isn't the distraction they want because they can't control the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Oh, and the Lord I believe in isn't limited to the sky or any other small subset your silly bias can focus on as a pejorative, for the sake of ridiculing what you don't have the capacity to understand, and therefore choose to mock.
    you capitalize "lord"

I choose to mock.

I got busted doing some pull ups at the park. Cop pulled up on me as I got in my car. I completely ignored the fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I got busted doing some pull ups at the park. Cop pulled up on me as I got in my car. I completely ignored the fucker.

How many sets of one did you get in?????

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    the tips on proper form he was trying to give you shouldn't be ignored. you gonna hurt yourself!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/f3...9a4ae83f72.gif

You were probably kipping them. Those don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Trump team is really pushing this Obama "gate" nonsense hard. They pushed the agenda out to all their sources. They didn't forget that this is an election year and Covid19 isn't the distraction they want because they can't control the narrative.
    Well, they're pushing the Obamagate thing because Obama stated to campaign for Biden with an anti Trump thing. So, there's the battlelines. Not policy, not the fact that both parties are raping your grandchildren's future by bailing out the incredibly already rich, again, like in 08, but, good cop bad cop, again.

Never forget that Pelosi is worth over a hundred million dollars , and the Obamas are about to enjoy their first summer in a 12 million dollar property on Martha's Vineyard. He may even be there now. Youtubing away, and tweeting. Probably. I'd be. Must be awesome in late May. The scent of salt water in the morning.

polly ass fuck wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Never forget that Pelosi is worth over a hundred million dollars.
    One claim. You've made it multiple times. I googled it weeks ago, I messed around trying to figure where you were coming from, I didn't see it.

Defend it or shut the fuck up. I love you but fuck you.