Page 250 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    So I've got one kid flying in today from college today and another flying in from India in the coming week. Neither shows symptoms (not surprising given they are both under 23yo) and are not 'known' to have been exposed to COVID-19.

Serious question - is it safe to give them a hug when I see them? We will all be living under one roof, so does it matter if I hug them when I see them or if we end of touching all the same door knobs/surfaces over the next several weeks anyway?
    I wouldn't.

" ... undocumented infections were the infection source for 79% of documented cases."

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...bb3221/tab-pdf

Serious question - is it safe to give them a hug when I see them? We will all be living under one roof, so does it matter if I hug them when I see them or if we end of touching all the same door knobs/surfaces over the next several weeks anyway?
    Do you have any farm animals that depend on you?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I think that at this point a distinction has to be made between old folks who are healthy and kept themselves in shape, and those that didnt. So, yeah, most are screwed, but, not all.
    That would make sense, but is there much proof that those "in shape" are better off
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    A friend called last night and wanted to stop/stay at my place on his way home to Missoula from CA where he'd been wintering. I politely refused much to his surprise. He's a doctor in his 70s. He should know better IMO.
    Tell him that he is welcome to park in your driveway. Leave him some food and water in a box. Give him another box with a plastic bag and some TP.

Your Primary responsibility is to your family. Keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Annnddd....the debate begins. It moves on from hoax, which, of course, it wasn't, to, are we throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/democr...n-the-disease/
    "
    Picking up some extra money working for the Chinese government now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    SAw a video where a ER Nurse said this has been circulating for months, and reminded us how so many had the flu and bad coughs all of January
    Like most of you, I’m spending way too much time on the webz. I came across a few stories stating just that ^^^- this has been circulating for a lot longer than previously thought.

It makes sense now. All of Teton Village was ghastly sick for most of January. Best pow ever and everyone was sick as shit out skiing it. Everyone was hacking all the time, everywhere. I was in a restaurant and every employee I was looked like death warmed over. Call in sick? Not in Teton County during ski season. That’s not allowed.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    That would make sense, but is there much proof that those "in shape" are better off
    I'm interpreting good general health as decreasing likelihood to susceptibility to severe distress, not something that increases resistance. I.e., good general health is one less reason you may experience severe distress. Same with all other maladies like diabetes or immune issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    yes
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Like most of you, I’m spending way too much time on the webz. I came across a few stories stating just that ^^^- this has been circulating for a lot longer than previously thought.

It makes sense now. All of Teton Village was ghastly sick for most of January. Best pow ever and everyone was sick as shit out skiing it. Everyone was hacking all the time, everywhere. I was in a restaurant and every employee I was looked like death warmed over. Call in sick? Not in Teton County during ski season. That’s not allowed.
    If it had started like that in January we would currently have deaths in the tens of thousands and their connection to Jackson would be obvious and undeniable.

It might not sound like that is spreading bad info, but I had a a coworker who says he's not changing his ways because he is sure he got it back in January.

What Terrifying and sad situation.

My most immediate concern is for the health of My very pregnant SO considering her limited lung compacity and strained immune system, as well as health my 2 year old and unborn child, (were due on may 1st the projected peak surge, which is a whole other nightmare situation) I couldn't live with myself if any of them were injured or died because I got them sick because I had to sell garbage food at a convenient store.
    I don't yet believe the conventional wisdom that kids are doing fine with this virus. I've gotten a first hand account by a family friend working at a Children's hospital that they're increasingly getting sick and straining the hospital to the point of needing to triage the sick children and it's Breaking their heart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What would Chuck Norris do?
    Round house kick to the head for everyone.
    watch out for snakes

Ok, I’m an idiot for asking advice on this forum, but would you guys go to physical therapy right now? I am thinking my pt could be a super vector. Paranoia?

And Goat, you are making some tough decisions. Hang in there.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Tell him that he is welcome to park in your driveway. Leave him some food and water in a box. Give him another box with a plastic bag and some TP.

Your Primary responsibility is to your family. Keep safe.

Picking up some extra money working for the Chinese government now?
    Oh, so you're going to be very Trumpian and just label all that "Chinese", instead of talking about a very very serious subject.

The economic damage from all this is going to be much worse than the actual disease. There are billions worldwide still feeling the effects of '08. This will be worse, unless it ends abruptly tomorrow, and that ain't happening. Expect life expectancy to drop even further, and deaths of despair to multiply. You think the "opioid epidemic" is bad now? Pfffftt.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    You know that old folks aren't more likely to have it. In fact, I would say an asymptomatic old person is less likely to have it since they are more likely to have more severe symptoms.

Even in these times, kindness is still a bridge.
    I am being kind to my mother who has no one but me. See she's already lost two sons when they were 8 and 14, a husband after a debilitating illness and her parents. I owe it to her to take care of myself so I can be there for her.

As for who gets this, who has this etc. it seems to me we really don't know the whole story. I'm doing the best I can with what limited assurances there are just like anyone else.

Really can't believe I'm being judged for this. Oh wait...yes I can....
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

i wouldn't worry about the physical therapist as much as the equipment, but it also depends on your PT. Rehabbing my leg I never had to be close to the therapist at all.

Name:  73C9BFA3-C13D-429F-AB5C-6E0183000EF2.jpeg
Views: 482
Size:  74.3 KB

He is currently doing a bunch of massage/flexion stuff. Very much personal contact.
    I guess we could just focus on the weight/balance stuff, and I could wear gloves? I really don’t want to fall behind, I take PT extraordinarily seriously.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, I’m an idiot for asking advice on this forum, but would you guys go to physical therapy right now? I am thinking my pt could be a super vector. Paranoia?
    No. Do not go.
    Have them give you exercises, stretches, etc. that you can do at home.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    If it had started like that in January we would currently have deaths in the tens of thousands and their connection to Jackson would be obvious and undeniable.
    I tend to agree. I think it's possible more people in the U.S. actually had COVID-19 back in January, but pretty unlikely. People just tend to get sick in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I am being kind to my mother who has no one but me. See she's already lost two sons when they were 8 and 14, a husband after a debilitating illness and her parents. I owe it to her to take care of myself so I can be there for her.

As for who gets this, who has this etc. it seems to me we really don't know the whole story. I'm doing the best I can with what limited assurances there are just like anyone else.

Really can't believe I'm being judged for this. Oh wait...yes I can....
    Just trying to point out that in these times we are still who we were before these times. That doesn't have to change.

Also, a friend asked you for what appears to be a simple favor. You refused, judged him for asking, and then posted about it on an internet forum.
    You didn't expect to be judged? (please understand this part was supposed to be lighthearted, then I saw your post below).

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Do you have any farm animals that depend on you?
    Wow. Yanno I've tried to be positive. To support those on this board that are worried for themselves and loved ones . I'm worried too. I've had my panic moments, shed some tears, worried about how this will all play out and this is what I get.

Yes, I'm crying as I type this. Do you feel like a man? Forget "man" how about a human being?

I hope everyone survives this just fine and no one loses as loved one. Truly I do.

Godspeed to you all.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

X2, do what you can at home.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    He is currently doing a bunch of massage/flexion stuff. Very much personal contact.
    I guess we could just focus on the weight/balance stuff, and I could wear gloves? I really don’t want to fall behind, I take PT extraordinarily seriously.
    Is it in the hospital?
    Also, check their website. I would assume they have some info there for you related to covid.

So I've got one kid flying in today from college today and another flying in from India in the coming week. Neither shows symptoms (not surprising given they are both under 23yo) and are not 'known' to have been exposed to COVID-19.

G, my view is that you are accepting them into your inner circle, the network of people with whom you are not social distancing, so a hug is ok and expected.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    No. Do not go.
    Have them give you exercises, stretches, etc. that you can do at home.
    Yeah. Dont know your specific case, but, my PT experiences have been, just show me what to do, and I'll take it to the gym. Well, now, home. But, I dont get the constant visitation.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post

It's almost like people have forgotten that before coronavirus we still got sick, illnesses still got passed around like wildfire, etc. The fact that everyone in Jackson was sick in January just means that everyone was sick in January, not that everyone has already had coronavirus.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy