Page 464 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I posted this in the complaint/commiseration thread......Much needed laugh.

https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com/wis...b61f523a2b9f96
    Lots of gold in there ...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    not saying covid 19 will not pass everyone probably by next Monday but its not its not at 1970 fatalities yet.

will be interesting to see where it finishes the year at, but if it's responsible for 80,000 deaths; it will have been less deadly than diabetes at 220 per day.
    But we didn’t need to stop the economy to stop the spread of diabetes. Who cares then? What is your point? That this thing really ain’t t as bad as diabetes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Me too. Sore throat right now since yesterday evening. I’ve had it off/on for three weeks. Had a headache last night. Not as often as the sore throat, but that has been around for three weeks as well.
    I'm betting allergies which I have too. Sinus pressure headaches and sore throat from sinus drainage.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Lots of gold in there ...
    *crying* Day 7!

Might be the gummie I had this morning but damn... funny stuff!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The Hitler got his ideas on eugenics from the American eugenicists. How come we don't get the credit?
    Big fan of Henry Ford, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm betting allergies which I have too. Sinus pressure headaches and sore throat from sinus drainage.

*crying* Day 7!

Might be the gummie I had this morning but damn... funny stuff!
    Day 22 .... hilarious

still can't see through tear-gummed eyes, soooo funny.

That little kid covered in flour that gets the right there Fred from her mom.....I can't even.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Thanks for that.

On a less humorous note--never waste a good crisis: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-powers-173419

That little kid covered in flour that gets the right there Fred from her mom.....I can't even.....
    that one could have been skipped
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 4.45.56 PM.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	324543

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 4.46.16 PM.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	488.9 KB 
ID:	324544

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 4.46.33 PM.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	576.1 KB 
ID:	324545

This is a very interesting article

https://www.ksbw.com/article/new-stu...id-19/32073873

What I find so unusual about this article and study is that Hanson is a co-lead and spokesperson for this study. This seems really far out of the purview of a right wing political commenter and military historian from the Hoover Institute https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Davis_Hanson

In a TMZ interview on Wednesday, Spell shrugged off critics who say he is putting his congregants at risk of contracting COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

“The Bible teaches us to be absent from our bodies as to be present with the Lord,” said Spell, a Pentecostal preacher. “Like any zealot or like any pure religious person, death looks to them like a welcome friend. True Christians do not mind dying. They fear living in fear.”

Yeah, worth the click. Well edited.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

What I find so unusual about this article and study is that Hanson is a co-lead and spokesperson for this study. This seems really far out of the purview of a right wing political commenter and military historian from the Hoover Institute https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Davis_Hanson
    It seems about the level of science understanding one would expect from a right wing political commenter and military historian. but, hell, I'm no epidemeewhateverist, maybe a strain less nasty got spread there and died out and the strain now blowing us up is closely enough related that they kept immunity. Otherwise...... how would it have just stopped in California in the fall?

So I was talking to my ex wife today and she said she is pretty sure the flu is actally chemical warfare being spread by airplanes boy that girl like to party coke and heavy drinking

Sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    But we didn’t need to stop the economy to stop the spread of diabetes. Who cares then? What is your point? That this thing really ain’t t as bad as diabetes?
    His point is that like most people, he has no understanding of exponential growth. 5 things increasing at 25% a day sounds far less scary than 80,000 things that changes little each year. It's hard to see that in only 2 months, those 5 thinks become 3 million.

5 * 1.25^60 = 3,262,652

Who would worry over 5 thinks? Danger not obvious and very real.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    From NY Times, Nikki Haley says stop blaming Trump and start blaming your local state governor.

"Governors complaining about the president are, in some cases, attempting to distract from their own failures."

"Governors are the most successful when they are given the flexibility to lead. The federal government can provide the resources, but it should not take away too much flexibility."

"We will look back and see that governors rose to meet the challenge, and they did it best when Washington did not impose too much on them."
    Lol,
    "Why can't governors get it together with the feds stealing stuff from underneath them. They should pull themselves up by their bootstraps"

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    OG watched PBS last night.

I did, great show, but I knew about the eugenics thing before. Another PBS show of course. In Sacramento they had to change the name of Goethe Park because it turns out he was a eugenicist (local rich guy, not German poet).

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    So I was talking to my ex wife today and she said she is pretty sure the flu is actally chemical warfare being spread by airplanes boy that girl like to party coke and heavy drinking
    Let me guess. Hairdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    that one could have been skipped
    or just the last 2 seconds of it, but it wouldn't change that it happened.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Just did my first grocery trip in about 3 weeks.
    Probably about 60-70% wearing masks.
    Grocery’s are now making masks optional but not required.
    Can’t see why they are dragging their feet.

Watched a 70ish maybe early 80’s man come out of the store, no mask no gloves. Open car door, sit down, pull out a donut, take a bite, lick fingers.

I frequently wish I could be as oblivious or unconcerned.

At the store today that had marks on the floor where you were supposed to wait for checkout. I'm standing on my mark and lady comes up the aisle and inserts herself between me and the person in front of me. I was too stunned to say anything.

They had the lanes marked as one way but no one was paying attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

So even if it did arrive much earlier than thought. Why didn’t it overwhelm the system like it’s doing in NY and NOLA?

A lot of people point to non flu strange illnesses they had earlier this year...my daughter being one.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    His point is that like most people, he has no understanding of exponential growth. 5 things increasing at 25% a day sounds far less scary than 80,000 things that changes little each year. It's hard to see that in only 2 months, those 5 thinks become 3 million.

5 * 1.25^60 = 3,262,652

Who would worry over 5 thinks? Danger not obvious and very real.

the death rate is about 0.00007 in Sweden 700/population of 10 mil and they stayed open, usa is .00005. even if the infection rate is off by a factor of 10 due to lack of testing, death and hospitalization rate is not and the infection rate is probably off due to lack of testing whoch means the usa is lower than .00005. staying open but maintaining distance would not be exponential increase in hospitalization and deaths or the rates would be much higher in countries with poor medical care.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !