Page 898 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 ... LastLast
Results 22,426 to 22,450 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    he certainly speaks to great length of the plague and pox throughout his diaries but yeah.. does not appear to be in there. Still.... it's not all that far off from his writings.
    He liked his pubs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    He liked his pubs too.
    a connoisseur!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

GOP State Lawmaker: ‘I Want To See More People’ Get Coronavirus

A GOP lawmaker in Alabama said he’s “not concerned” about the current spike in cases of the coronavirus in the state.

“In fact, quite honestly, I want to see more people, because we start reaching an immunity as more people have it and get through it,” Alabama state Sen. Del Marsh told reporters Thursday.

“I don’t want any deaths — as few as possible,” he continued. “So those people who are susceptible to the disease, especially those with preexisting conditions, elderly population, those folks, we need to do all we can to protect them. But I’m not concerned. I want to make sure that everybody can receive care. And right now we have, to my knowledge as of today, we still have ample beds.”

In his comments, Marsh ― who sits on the state’s coronavirus task force ― appeared to be referring to the idea of herd immunity, which contends that a virus will not spread as easily once a certain high percentage of the population has contracted it or been vaccinated, and therefore developed the necessary antibodies.

The controversial approach has been contested by scientists and public health experts: Herd immunity could still be a long way off from happening, if it does at all with this virus, even with a vaccine.

Marsh’s comments drew scorn on Twitter: Follow link to read twitter comments
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    He liked his pubs too.
    I find the prose of Pepys most difficult to read, somewhat of a cross between that of Buster on a bender and SFB's writing while lucid.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So, not just red states and red counties... A McDonalds in Oakland is reopening now that they're going to "do more to protect workers, public". What they were doing previously was discouraging workers from taking sick leave when showing virus symptoms. The manager and eleven workers were diagnosed with Covid, after numerous public cases seemed to be linked to the place.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is good, but it's not from Pepys' diary. It's actually from someone on Twitter with the handle @Pepys_Diaries who tweets in the style of Pepys, but it's his/her own content.
    OK. Mr. Jeopardy, gimme the Latin name of the flea that carried the plague in Pepys' days.

Ha!! That'll cost you $800 and the #2 positon.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    OK. Mr. Jeopardy, gimme the Latin name of the flea that carried the plague in Pepys' days.
    I don't know. Is it the guy who plays bass for the Red Hot Chili Peppers or a different flea?

Xenopsylla cheopis

AD for $800 and the pole position again!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't know. Is it the guy who plays bass for the Red Hot Chili Peppers or a different flea?
    Big wave surfer

This fucking guy ....

"President Donald Trump on Thursday publicly criticized Dr. Anthony Fauci, saying that one of the nation’s top infectious disease experts "has made a lot of mistakes."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...takes-n1233402

Are you kidding me? Can someone please take the gloves off with this asshole and publicly put him in his place. Preferably at a live event. I'd be delighted if it were Fauci.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Xenopsylla cheopis
    Wasn’t it Yersinia Pestis?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Wasn’t it Yersinia Pestis?
    I think that’s the causative micro organism that the fleas carried around

when we were sick at IBM we just called in sick but I was never off very much and if it was an extended amount of time there was disability
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I don't know the flea, but the bacterium was Pasteurella pestis, now renamed Yersinia pestis. Treatable with antibiotics although it can be tough to treat if treatment is delayed or the victim is weak. Cases still pop up from time to time, more often pneumonic than bubonic these days. Endemic in the Tahoe area, so stay away, you might die. And if plague doesn't get you hantavirus surely will.

Meanwhile Giuliani and Navarro are pressuring the FDA to authorize hydrocholoroquine for Covid 19. Navarro reportedly obsessed with it. Henry Ford Hospital observational study showed a benefit if started early, but people who got the drug got steroids--which have a proven benefit--more often than those who didn't and the report is contradicted by 3 randomized controlled trials.

Meanwhile, Florida is the leading hot spot so govt is sending more remdesivir, which is in critical short supply. Which means the rest of the nation does without because of De Santis' incompetence. Remember that even Trump thought he opened too early. Betcha dollars to donuts (whatever that means) if it were California no help would be on the way.

Is that Spanish judge who indicts people around the world for crimes against humanity still around?--I think he wanted to try Pinochet among others. Time to indict Trump. And Kissinger while he's at it.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Florida with 11.5k today. 700 shy of NY’s record per day infections.

Holy shit balls.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Florida with 11.5k today. 700 shy of NY’s record per day infections.

Holy shit balls.
    Uptick on the curve ... terrifying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 5.56.28 PM.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	334282

Death rate among infected in SC is currently 1.5%.

maybe my beef is with my companies attendance policy. 1 point for a call in, 2 points before or after a holiday, 3 months to clear a point, 4 points verbal, 6 written, 8 termination. I didnt have it when I started it was put on us after my eng group reorged under manufacturing. Points system currently waived during the Trump flu crisis at my employer.

In covid related memes...

Ahhhhhh the circle of lifeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1594419331990.jpeg 
Views:	295 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	334292

ETA-more like the Z of life but you get the picture
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I'm done feeling bad about assholes like that. Maybe this is revenge of the nerds part 2. The idiots die, most of the nerds live.

Culling of the weak (minded)?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This fucking guy ....

"President Donald Trump on Thursday publicly criticized Dr. Anthony Fauci, saying that one of the nation’s top infectious disease experts "has made a lot of mistakes."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...takes-n1233402

Are you kidding me? Can someone please take the gloves off with this asshole and publicly put him in his place. Preferably at a live event. I'd be delighted if it were Fauci.
    Give Fauci some credit, though: that's probably barely an insult to him. Mistakes go with the territory. The idiot is the one who claims perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know the flea, but the bacterium was Pasteurella pestis, now renamed Yersinia pestis. Treatable with antibiotics although it can be tough to treat if treatment is delayed or the victim is weak. Cases still pop up from time to time, more often pneumonic than bubonic these days. Endemic in the Tahoe area, so stay away, you might die. And if plague doesn't get you hantavirus surely will.

Meanwhile Giuliani and Navarro are pressuring the FDA to authorize hydrocholoroquine for Covid 19. Navarro reportedly obsessed with it. Henry Ford Hospital observational study showed a benefit if started early, but people who got the drug got steroids--which have a proven benefit--more often than those who didn't and the report is contradicted by 3 randomized controlled trials.

Meanwhile, Florida is the leading hot spot so govt is sending more remdesivir, which is in critical short supply. Which means the rest of the nation does without because of De Santis' incompetence. Remember that even Trump thought he opened too early. Betcha dollars to donuts (whatever that means) if it were California no help would be on the way.

Is that Spanish judge who indicts people around the world for crimes against humanity still around?--I think he wanted to try Pinochet among others. Time to indict Trump. And Kissinger while he's at it.
    Juez Garzon retired quite a few years ago. It’s the whole of the Republican Party that should be indicted. They’re a serious danger to the whole planet. But half of the mongoloids in this country will continue to vote for them so the rich can pay less taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Juez Garzon retired quite a few years ago. It’s the whole of the Republican Party that should be indicted. They’re a serious danger to the whole planet. But half of the mongoloids in this country will continue to vote for them so the rich can pay less taxes.
    It isn't about the rich paying less taxes. It is about patriotic Muricans wanting the government out of their income and questionable accounting practices. Ain't none of yer business!

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post

Ahhhhhh the circle of lifeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1594419331990.jpeg 
Views:	295 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	334292

ETA-more like the Z of life but you get the picture
    Guy was a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan and was in his 30s. Friends say he was healthy as far as they know. Didn’t believe masks or social distancing or avoiding large crowds.

And yet fuckwads are in here saying it’s all just a false flag hoax or just an overhyped flu.