Page 1385 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 ... LastLast
Results 34,601 to 34,625 of 41810
    Man, the selfish I've had enough of this so I'm going to do whatever people piss me off. Especially the anti mask ones. Can't seem to get it through their skulls that it is a basic precaution that when taken as a collective society, makes it safer for everyone. Elderly, immunocompromised, healthy. Everyone. That means get back to normal sooner. That means less dead people. We are at 565,xxx dead Americans. And counting. Just found out yesterday that a buddy's dad died from covid last week. Was he old? yeah. He was. But now my friend is suffering, and probably could have looked forward to another 5 10 years with his dad around. Ach of those 500,000 dead people had friends and family that cared about them and are suffering. But hey, it hasn't happened to you yet. So take your mask off because you're tired of it, or you don't believe in it, or whatever stupid reason you have. But at least be honest with yourself. You are selfish. That you lack empathy. That you are an asshole. And the only thing that will change your tune is when your dad dies from covid. And who knows, maybe he'll catch it from your stupid ass.

It was stated before, this thing wasn't deadly enough. If it had a 10% kill rate, it'd be a lot tougher to bury your head in your ass. It's not that hard to wear a mask in public indoor spaces. And get your fucking shots. Oh, and stop watching Fox news. Fuck.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Masks are nice during allergy season.
    This for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You can still smell through the masks. I have to wear N95s when I clean stalls in the morning because of the dust from the shavings and hay and I can still smell the manure and urine just fine.
    Oh, you know what I mean. Go outside on your deck with your coffee first thing in the morning and take a deep breath. Nice, right? An N95 takes a lot away from that. Not a lot of urine and hay around here Just magnolias and budding maples.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Man, the selfish I've had enough of this so I'm going to do whatever people piss me off. Especially the anti mask ones. Can't seem to get it through their skulls that it is a basic precaution that when taken as a collective society, makes it safer for everyone. Elderly, immunocompromised, healthy. Everyone. That means get back to normal sooner. That means less dead people. We are at 565,xxx dead Americans. And counting. Just found out yesterday that a buddy's dad died from covid last week. Was he old? yeah. He was. But now my friend is suffering, and probably could have looked forward to another 5 10 years with his dad around. Ach of those 500,000 dead people had friends and family that cared about them and are suffering. But hey, it hasn't happened to you yet. So take your mask off because you're tired of it, or you don't believe in it, or whatever stupid reason you have. But at least be honest with yourself. You are selfish. That you lack empathy. That you are an asshole. And the only thing that will change your tune is when your dad dies from covid. And who knows, maybe he'll catch it from your stupid ass.

It was stated before, this thing wasn't deadly enough. If it had a 10% kill rate, it'd be a lot tougher to bury your head in your ass. It's not that hard to wear a mask in public indoor spaces. And get your fucking shots. Oh, and stop watching Fox news. Fuck.

sent from Utah.
    this. such a simple thing to do... anti mask people need to the get over themselves and just do something for others for a change. and, wait for it... it actually does help you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Listen, we have a situation right now in history that is unprecedented. Medical science and other advances in technology have created a very large population of old people. At the turn of the twentieth century, life expectancy was 50 for a male in America. Now, it's what, 78? Pretty amazing, but, it's not simply life or death. The nuance in all that is that we are keeping many alive that would have died just a century ago. Yeah, they hide, take drugs, or receive expensive treatment for ailments like diabetes for a very long time. Cancer treatments have extended life for many. Some may argue about the quality of those lives. I've watched a few, and it ain't pretty, for sure. But, that's where we are, and, as that technology evolves even further, which it will, we will have tens of millions more people dying slowly because, treatment. I'll leave the profit motive of it out of the equation.

So, as a society, we have some serious ethical issues to resolve among ourselves. Does the healthy large majority have to live a highly restricted life to "save" the immune compromised? Tough question. Because those restrictions have serious financial, and therefore, health implications for the rest of us, both physical and mental. It's definitely something we and the western world will be dealing with for a few years. Although, I tell ya, after my road ride today, I stopped at a bar b que place I haven't been to for over a year for takeout, and the place was mobbed, in and out. America is deciding this, and they want out, no more living like prisoners. So, the whole argument may be moot in six months.

Known human history is a long line of plagues and pandemics, many much worse than this. This would have been written off as a bad cough in the seventeenth century. Shit,major figures of that time were dying in their forties of syphilis. Or gout. The plague. Cholera. Dysentery. Who knows what viruses and bacterias were floating around. There was no science to know. It was all in the hands of God. Even in the late eighteenth century, Hamilton escaped NYC twice from, I think, yellow fever outbreaks. It was part of life. We've been spared for a whole century from anything serious. I seriously thought we solved this as humans. Nope. And, who knows what's next.
    This post is spot on. Just wanted to point out "healthy" does not have a large majority. 45% of America is obese. OBESE. 74%(!) of America is overweight. So the large majority of Americans are not healthy. Otherwise, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I shortened that for anyone that needs the quick and dirty.
    Thanks, that really tied the thread together. You left out his central point, but I wouldn't say you missed it, since it was irrelevant anyway, at least for the rest of Benny's life. The tough question for present society is what constitutes an emergency and how do we know when it's passed?

Questions like whether it's ok to throw stowaways overboard or eat the weakest person in the lifeboat aren't new. And outside of emergency conditions the cost paid by the temporarily-able to protect the more vulnerable is pretty trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    This post is spot on. Just wanted to point out "healthy" does not have a large majority. 45% of America is obese. OBESE. 74%(!) of America is overweight. So the large majority of Americans are not healthy. Otherwise, agreed.
    One could almost think obesity was ...... transmissible.
    Which I suppose it is, but genetically??

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    ^^
    You also wear a condom and sport a dental dam when alone too? You can never be too careful these days, ya know!!! I mean, what's the harm in it, right? It's not hurting anybody.
    All time winner for false equivalencies; way to go.

Flying today, I prefer social distancing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    If it was an Olympic sport, Gold!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The tough question for present society is what constitutes an emergency and how do we know when it's passed?
    I think this is correct. Unfortunately, everyone answers this question differently: for some, there never was sufficient risk from COVID to create an emergency, but for folks at the other end of the spectrum, so long as there is any COVID risk to any person, the emergency remains. Far be it from me to put words in Benny's mouth, but it seems like he is trying to strike a middle ground by saying that once everyone who wants a vaccine can get one, the emergency is over.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And how is it a false equivalence? Both are measures of protection from a non-active threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    I think this is correct. Unfortunately, everyone answers this question differently: for some, there never was sufficient risk from COVID to create an emergency, but for folks at the other end of the spectrum, so long as there is any COVID risk to any person, the emergency remains. Far be it from me to put words in Benny's mouth, but it seems like he is trying to strike a middle ground by saying that once everyone who wants a vaccine can get one, the emergency is over.
    Well said. I think that's what he was getting at as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    I gotta agree here. The pandemic is essentially over when the community agrees as a whole that it is over. That may be true even if the disease is still present within the community.

For me, I'll still wear my mask for the next few months, even though I'm fully immunized. Wearing the mask contributes to the idea that people need to go get their shot(s) so we can stop wearing these things. If my act of wearing the mask makes others think the disease is still present to an extent that they need to get their shot, that's a good thing.

However, if by the end of summer we are still dealing with it and positivity rates are hovering around 1%, I personally will have had enough by then. I would stop wearing my mask around August, unless specifically asked by the premises. At some point, life needs to return to normal, and I'll feel personally that I have done all I should have by then.

Just read this today.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/04/18/...-us-civil-war/

Seems like the problem there was putting a whole bunch of people who never were exposed to certain ailments together in crowded, unsanitary conditions. Which will be an issue in the next decade if many persist in hiding from the world, just like it has been for a decade or two with the recent generations protected from most anything by over mothering. Sorry, gotta get out there and build immunities, It's human nature.

And how is it a false equivalence? Both are measures of protection from a non-active threat.
    Covid19 has been de activated?

Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Whole lot of me me me me in the last few pages. From “ive done enough” to “I have my vaccine so I’m doing whatever I want” to “I think people masking in x situation is bad for society”. (The latter being exceptionally strange since what does “bad for society” even mean?)

And then the cherry on top essentially arguing that the immuno-compromised and over-65 crowd should be sacrificed for the greater good.

CDC is still recommending I wear a mask in public when I cannot social distance. I will be done with my vaccine course in May.

State has asked that I reduce my interaction with those not vaccinated, limit indoor activities and wear a mask when appropriate. Simple requests, simple response. Let’s finish this thing off strong.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    I gotta agree here. The pandemic is essentially over when the community agrees as a whole that it is over. That may be true even if the disease is still present within the community.
    This isn’t how pandemic is defined. You mean that the response to the pandemic will be over.

And even then based on where we are heading our government and businesses will be spending large sums to suppress it and deal with outbreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Covid19 has been de activated?
    When you're in the middle of a freaking lake in a SUP, cruising the highway in a car all by yourself, or out jogging in the wilderness with nobody around, the aerosolized threat from COVID = NULL.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    CDC is still recommending I wear a mask in public when I cannot social distance.
    Some key words there.

Hasn't stopped TGR from ripping on gapers endlessly, huh? When Texans ski in jeans or wear their helmets backwards, they get mercilessly ridiculed here. AND RIGHTFULLY SO! Same goes for wearing a mask in the middle of nowhere with nary a soul for miles. Those people just look like tools. They are the same sorts of people who wear their ski boots into the grocery store.

When you're in your car by yourself, you trying to protect yourself from yourself? FFS. There ARE ways you can don/doff your mask without getting your nose-picking slimey fingers all over them ya know.

Do these mask morans make me "mad"? Not really, but they DO deserve to be mocked to a high degree. I guess the only reason I've gotten annoyed in the past though is just because it shows how quickly our society has descended into an Idiocracy world. Bet a large % of the people who wear masks by themselves in the middle of an ocean also believe that Brawndo is what plants crave. It's got electrolytes!!!
    You are such a child.

Can we talk about the widespread prevalence of buff wearing for fishing and skiing prior to COVID now?

You guys going to flip that trend on its head or is that a Hott Butt Mud and Montucky approved use of a mask?

Please explain how mask wearing is “bad for society” in a post COVID world? I don’t get it.

When you're in the middle of a freaking lake in a SUP, cruising the highway in a car all by yourself, or out jogging in the wilderness with nobody around, the aerosolized threat from COVID = NULL.
    I agree with that, but the point - at least my point - is that you shouldn't care.

It's akin to being annoyed by people driving the speed limit (which I'll admit to being guilty of as much as the next guy). Yeah, we probably could safely go faster, but we definitely don't have any moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I agree with that, but the point - at least my point - is that you shouldn't care
    So you don't care about Texans skiing in jeans? Do you get "angry"? Prolly not, but I'm sure you laugh all the same. I'm not getting angry at anyone here. Just laughing at the silliness of it.

So what if people want to be overly cautious?

0 impact on you.

Why are you butthurt about something that has no effect whatsoever on you?

Oh yeah, that basically defines a conservative anymore since you lot have abandoned any traditional conservatives values.

Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    You are such a child.

Can we talk about the widespread prevalence of buff wearing for fishing and skiing prior to COVID now?

You guys going to flip that trend on its head or is that a Hott Butt Mud and Montucky approved use of a mask?.
    Buffs =/= N95s. They serve a purpose for fishing/skiing. For COVID, they have been proven to be demonstrably WORSE as they aerosolize the virus into even tinier droplets. So great job with the buffs if that's what you're rocking in a store. All you're doing is nothing but virtue signaling if that's what you're doing to comply instead of a proper mask.

Buffs =/= N95s. They serve a purpose for fishing/skiing. For COVID, they have been proven to be demonstrably WORSE as they aerosolize the virus into even tinier droplets. So great job with the buffs if that's what you're rocking in a store. All you're doing is nothing but virtue signaling if that's what you're doing to comply instead of a proper mask.
    Link or it didn't happen. Actually, let me save us both the trouble: no such thing has been proven and there are several studies saying just what you'd expect about buffs: a little protection for the wearer, better for others, reasonably good when multi-layered.

That seems less relevant as time goes on, but this year has shown us how badly our education system is failing and apparently that's going to last.