Page 588 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... LastLast
Results 14,676 to 14,700 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He's been alone in his house for 6 weeks watching too much TV, cut him some slack. And he's not necessarily incorrect.
    Actually less TV, and the road miles are racking up. Theres nothing on but Trump TV.

One of the better questions I heard yesterday was, what do you think would have happened if those gun-totin' protesters at state capitals had been black or hispanic?
    Well, the same thing as when the Black Panthers showed up on the steps with weapons. Reagan and his buddies pushed for gun control. Yeah, crazy, right? Different times.

4 posts in 6 minutes.

Benny you know you can do better

Post goddammit

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Actually less TV, and the road miles are racking up. Theres nothing on but Trump TV.
    You could spend an hour and a half on Netflix. Not necessarily watching a movie but trying to find one to watch.

Be sure to tip your mortuary worker:
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-l...virus-pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    You could spend an hour and a half on Netflix. Not necessarily watching a movie but trying to find one to watch.
    A lot more variety on Prime.

Somebody just told me to watch Black Monday. Is that Netflix?

Showtime and it may be free right now.

Benny my brother in law says Derry Girls is funny as shit. And so Irish it has subtitles. He's from England and is generally not a huge fan of things Irish. It's on Netflix. I'm gonna try it myself.

Sounds heartwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You're still in the denial stage that you won't soon be scared for your family in a month by just going to shop for food. Good luck, it's coming.
    That is not necessarily true

The bug acts differently by area

Population density and social distancing are important factors

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    That is not necessarily true

The bug acts differently by area

Population density and social distancing are important factors

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well, that's something else they're learning as we go. I read this morning that they have supposedly found seven strains, or mutations as it's travelled, the downside of that is they may be making a vaccine for what might be an "obsolete" virus.

Ugh. 88% who make it to a ventilator die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Use this Reddit link for the Netflix codes. It makes finding something you like much easier. netflix_secret_codes

So, a medical question. Does Covfefe directly cause pneumonia, or does pneumonia arise as an opportunistic illness in covfefe patients? I'm just wondering if the pneumonia vaccine does anything useful in this whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Be sure to tip your mortuary worker:
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-l...virus-pandemic
    The middle guy in the opening pic is classic New York.

So, a medical question. Does Covfefe directly cause pneumonia, or does pneumonia arise as an opportunistic illness in covfefe patients? I'm just wondering if the pneumonia vaccine does anything useful in this whole situation.
    From the random research i've done the pneumonia/pulmonary effects will present often, but not always, and the impacts on other key organs can be just as deadly. Some docs are wondering if it's as much a blood disease as anything else. WaPost had a piece today on blood clot questions...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Mofro - any insight to the claims from Sweden by their epidemiologist that things are going great and he expects some “herd immunity” in the coming weeks?
    Can you link to that claim? Wonder what the hell is their basis? Sweden has an incidence of 0.16% based on tests and a CFR of 12.1% which is super high and suggests very limited testing (more limited than the USA). Even if you multiplied their known incidence by 10 (or hell by 25) to have a generous assumption of true incidence, it is a tiny fraction of the population. If they reach a herd immunity in a few weeks it would require exponential growth of disastrous proportions and would crush their economy, society, and health system.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

OG answered this for me earlier on because my wife had the pneumonia vaccine this season because of underlying asthma on the suggestion of her doc at the U of Iowa. According to OG probably not. IIRC he said the vaccine is good for different germs and the Covid pneumonia appears to be its own thing. IMO and not OG's it is still probably not a bad idea to get it for vulnerable populations in order to prevent two different infections killing us at the same time.

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

First English-language publication offers insights into pathology and cause of death by two Cleveland Clinic doctors.

https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.or...-19-autopsies/
    I still call it The Jake.

I read that the virus inhabits the lung cells, multiplying there and causing some cells to rupture. So, no, normal pneumonia treatments don't apply.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    OG answered this for me earlier on because my wife had the pneumonia vaccine this season because of underlying asthma on the suggestion of her doc at the U of Iowa. According to OG probably not. IIRC he said the vaccine is good for different germs and the Covid pneumonia appears to be its own thing. IMO and not OG's it is still probably not a bad idea to get it for vulnerable populations in order to prevent two different infections killing us at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I read that the virus inhabits the lung cells, multiplying there and causing some cells to rupture. So, no, normal pneumonia treatments don't apply.
    Basically that's what I figured, thanks. Still worthwhile to have it in case of opportunistic co-infections I'd bet, but not directly effective because the virus can cause pneumonia itself.

wasn't that what happened in The Andromeda Strain?
    We're living in a futuristic sci-fi nightmare
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism