Page 958 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... LastLast
Results 23,926 to 23,950 of 41810

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That article is literally what has been going on with me for 5 months.
    I'm the human equivalent of a Range Rover with electrical problems.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Is Deeb gonna wear his Hawaiian shirt or his Fred Perry polo? Choices, choices.
    I borrowed your Che shirt.

I'll fit right in.

Why do the Trumps hate America and who are these "doctors?"

Yanno.... every morning I wake up and think "are we there yet? Is it over?" but no.................

Twitter temporarily restricts Donald Trump Jr.'s account after he posts video claiming masks are unnecessary

Twitter restricted Donald Trump Jr.'s ability to tweet after he posted a video featuring a doctor making false claims about coronavirus cures and stating that people "don't need masks" to prevent the virus from spreading, a Twitter spokesperson said Tuesday.

Some of the account's functionality, including the ability to tweet, will be limited for 12 hours, the spokesperson said.

The video, which was published by the right-wing media outlet Breitbart News and went viral online on Monday, featured a group of doctors making false and dubious claims related to coronavirus, including that masks are unnecessary.

Twitter (TWTR), Facebook (FB) and YouTube removed the video after it started to go viral.

President Donald Trump also retweeted multiple versions of the video on Twitter, but he did not upload a version of the video to the site. His son did, which is why Twitter only took action against Trump Jr.'s account, a company spokesperson said.

Trump Jr.'s spokesperson had tweeted earlier that Twitter had suspended the president son's account. Twitter said in a statement that the account had "not been permanently suspended."

Twitter has asked the President's son to delete the tweet with the video. The company has already removed it from public view.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Other than hair loss, I've had all those symptoms. Here I thought it was just me getting older.

My mother was a nurse and we had a Merck Manual at home. When I got sick as a kid I would take out the Merck Manual and try to figure out what I had. By the time I got halfway thru I was convinced I had pretty much every disease in there. To date I've had scarlet fever, most tropical diseases, polio, and the occasional heart attack and stroke.
    Merck and the PDR's from the drug market were always in my house. My dad worked at some of the bigger pharma companies in an IT capacity.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    More than one death per person is simply unacceptable...
    Man, I feel like a horses patoot.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How many places in Texas have a million people per square mile?
    Population density has little to do with it, as much as people want to tout that. SF is a perfect example.

https://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-rele...ath-rates.html

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    Population density has little to do with it, as much as people want to tout that. SF is a perfect example.

https://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-rele...ath-rates.html
    Incorrect. Authors conclusion from your link:

The authors conclude that a higher county population, a higher proportion of people age 60 and up, a lower proportion of college-educated people, and a higher proportion of African Americans were all associated with a greater infection rate and mortality rate.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Incorrect. Authors conclusion from your link:

The authors conclude that a higher county population, a higher proportion of people age 60 and up, a lower proportion of college-educated people, and a higher proportion of African Americans were all associated with a greater infection rate and mortality rate.
    No

"The fact that density is unrelated to confirmed virus infection rates and inversely related to confirmed COVID-19 death rates is important, unexpected, and profound"

Population density, not demographics. County population, Older people (that live in nursing homes), minorities and less educated that have intergenerational house holds, have higher infection/death rates is not the same as population density.

news o' the day, apparently there is a cure right now.

"This virus has a cure. It is called hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and Zithromax. I know you people want to talk about a mask. Hello? You don’t need a mask. There is a cure."

https://www.rt.com/usa/496024-doctor...itter-removed/

and:

"Immanuel claimed that she has treated over 350 coronavirus-stricken patients so far, including those with underlying health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma as well as elderly people – and that not a single one of her patients had died."

and this is a foreign black doctor, so you know if a racist like me is posting this, then 350 trails with no fatalities is too good for even a racist goper to denounce.

you all might ask yourselves why CA and NY aren't trying this right now, they are both getting in hundreds of new cases daily.

i'm no conspirator, but I do believe someone or many just want to use one vaccine that some can get even richer on and continue to give hydroxychloroquine the back of the hand because there is no money to be made there.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    news o' the day, apparently there is a cure right now.

"This virus has a cure. It is called hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and Zithromax. I know you people want to talk about a mask. Hello? You don’t need a mask. There is a cure."

https://www.rt.com/usa/496024-doctor...itter-removed/

and:

"Immanuel claimed that she has treated over 350 coronavirus-stricken patients so far, including those with underlying health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma as well as elderly people – and that not a single one of her patients had died."

and this is a foreign black doctor, so you know if a racist like me is posting this, then 350 trails with no fatalities is too good for even a racist goper to denounce.

you all might ask yourselves why CA and NY aren't trying this right now, they are both getting in hundreds of new cases daily.

i'm no conspirator, but I do believe someone or many just want to use one vaccine that some can get even richer on and continue to give hydroxychloroquine the back of the hand because there is no money to be made there.
    What's more intriguing about this story is how Facebook and Twitter have both deleted the video and Trump's post claiming falsehoods of effectiveness(some covid conspiracy clause they have). I'm not a doctor, nor do I get into the battle of what has been proven (especially after 5 months) but seems odd hill to die on for FB and Twitter.

Also looks like Donny Jr got banned from Twitter....

If my doctor told me that the government had lizard people in it, I'd find another doctor.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

yes the high quality news of Russian Times and Brietbart bringing you anecdotal evidence of some hand picked doctor weirdos calling it "cure". why bother with the hydroxychloroquine journal studies subject to peer review?

You know, I like to get all my medical news from Russia Today, just like I want to get all my information about the military buildup in the South China Sea from the People's Daily.

And another dumb as a stump fucker joins the growing Ignore List.

My favorite is when someone types “I’m no conspirator” in the same post that they are sharing a conspiracy theory as true.

You understand what being a conspirator means?

Apparently not.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    Don't forget that Cuomo, that was praised like a god, has 9X the amount of deaths of Texas per person.
    Early in the pandemic Italy's Lombardy region was hit hard but then they kept the spread in check for many of the other regions and have since kept the spread under control. In the early months in America the Northeast was also hit hard but then they flattened the curve.

Meanwhile in Texas and elsewhere cases continue to rise. Months after COVID landed in America, we have failed spectacularly to contain it. Our ineffective response has shocked observers in other countries. While other places have managed to fend off a surge like the one now happening in America, the seven day average U.S. case rate and death rate is nearly ten times higher than it is in Europe and Canada.

It's a national emergency, a national public health crisis. The catastrophic response at the national level is in no small because even now too many people are treating it like a red versus blue state public relations crisis instead of fighting the virus itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Early in the pandemic Italy's Lombardy region was hit hard but then they kept the spread in check for many of the other regions and have since brought the spread of under a semblance of control. In the early months in America the Northeast was hit hard but have since flattened the curve.

Meanwhile in Texas and elsewhere cases continue to rise. Months after COVID landed in America, we have failed spectacularly to contain it. Our ineffective response has shocked observers in other countries. While other places have managed to fend off a surge like the one now happening in America, the seven day U.S. case rate and death rate is nearly ten times higher than it is in Europe and Canada.

It's a national emergency, a national public health crisis. The catastrophic response at the national level is in no small because even now [people are treating it like a red versus blue state public relations crisis.
    Yep.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Hanging on to hope with one fingernail. What is happening? Why is the president and his family suddenly doubling down on disproven and dangerous ideas about fighting this virus? The light at the end of the tunnel is gone and a landslide has blocked the only way out. We are now in the uneviable position of having to dig our way out. So spent. So very sad and spent.

Fauci Responds To Trump Tweet Accusing Him Of Misleading The Public

The president retweeted criticism of the infectious diseases expert for urging caution on drugs like hydroxychloroquine, which Trump resumed promoting.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, on Tuesday denied misleading the public “under any circumstances” after President Donald Trump retweeted a claim that he had done so.

Fauci, appearing on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” was confronted with Trump’s apparent endorsement of criticism of his failure to endorse the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus treatment. Trump has repeatedly touted the drug ― and claimed to be taking it himself ― although studies suggest it is ineffective and has potentially serious side effects.

“Dr. Fauci has misled the American public on many issues, but in particular, on dismissing #hydroxychloroquine and calling Remdesivir the new gold standard,” the tweet read. Remdesivir, an anti-viral drug, has shown effectiveness in studies of some coronavirus patients.

“I have not been misleading the American public under any circumstances,” Fauci declared on ABC.

When asked if he can continue to do his job as his credibility is being demeaned by the president, Fauci answered: “I don’t really want to go there. I just will continue to do my job no matter what comes out because I think that it’s very important. We’re in the middle of a crisis. With regard to an epidemic, a pandemic, this is what I do, this is what I’ve been trained for my entire professional life and I’ll continue to do it.”

Trump has long backed hydroxychloroquine as a potential cure and prevention for the coronavirus. He retweeted a video endorsing the drug Monday night in the same Twitter spree in which he attacked Fauci.

The video was later removed by Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Facebook said it violated rules against “false information about cures and treatments for COVID-19.”

Fauci, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, has often contradicted Trump’s pronouncements during the pandemic. The scientist has urged face masks and social distancing, and has cautioned against reopening the economy before the pandemic is under control. Trump until recently refused to wear a face mask, pressed states and schools to reopen, and held indoor campaign rallies.

Trump last week said Fauci is “a little bit of an alarmist” and accused him of making mistakes earlier in the pandemic, before much was known about the virus. The president also has said he likes Fauci personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Long Hauler stories.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ms/5420534002/

It's just the flu.
    It's so sad, yet fascinating. Some day they will figure out exactly what's going on in these cases.

For being such a stern proponent of mask usage, you're setting a REAL good example there, Dr. Fauci.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    For being such a stern proponent of mask usage, you're setting a REAL good example there, Dr. Fauci.

there is a water bottle in his lap, perhaps he just took a drink and was going to take another in just a moment.

Yeah... just look at all those people. Capacity crowd. This is like me getting stink eye for having my mask down when I walked DT with the only other people being across a two lane, with angle-in parking on both sides, road when it was 95 degrees out.

Come on man, he's not the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

So, what are you trying to tell us? That face masks are actually useless? That Dr. Fauci is not to be believed or his directives followed? That he has no credibility? Is that your point?