Page 866 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 ... LastLast
Results 21,626 to 21,650 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    But we can still go to Britain for 4th of July celebrations? Or no?
    Yes, but only if you bring guns, freedom from the communist EU and monster trucks.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Don't misread this. Covid doesn't infect those who are out protesting and/or rioting for a good cause. Its literally in the Fauxgressive handbook.

Based on the Governors comments yesterday Oregon will be shutting back down next week if case rates continue to climb.

Guys seriously-> Nevermind that the spike in Covid cases corresponds with the start of the BLM marches and further ignore the fact that the average patient profile corresponds with the protests —> It’s the Republican governors fault for letting businesses re-open. We cannot get off message!
    It also corresponds with the re-opening of everything and the fact that 20-29s are also the most likely to not give a shit - going to bars, socializing, parties, no families, etc.

According to the source: it's bars.

"People in their 20s now make up the largest age group of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Minnesota. That news comes after clusters of cases were tied to bars in Mankato and Minneapolis"

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...-covid19-in-mn

Guys seriously-> Nevermind that the spike in Covid cases corresponds with the start of the BLM marches and further ignore the fact that the average patient profile corresponds with the protests —> It’s the Republican governors fault for letting businesses re-open. We cannot get off message!
    Yeah? Every reliable news source I use shows young people at bars, parks, beaches and in the streets as being most irresponsible. Business owners not meeting state guidelines (if they exist)

You want them to target protestors more specifically? Why?

Or is it more likely that the state government isn't doing a good job enforcing simple measures to prevent transmission? And people independently are being selfish assholes. Regardless of red team or blue team.

But yeah keep it political so your team feels better.

The constant Politicization of every issue will be the downfall of this country. If only the USA could be more like TGR and put the Polly Asshats in the corner.

Britain? fuck that.
    The patriotic thing to do is spend the 4th in Moscow, just like those scumbag GOP senators did last year.

Yet similar bumps are likely present in non heavy BLM March areas as well. The strong correlation between opening status/political leaning and new case rates isn't incidental. Many protesters likely got infected from that, but many areas are seeing minimal increases where there were protests, likely due to masking.
    Either way, it sucks that there's increases and there's still significant antimasking/risk control sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Either way, it sucks that there's increases and there's still significant antimasking/risk control sentiment
    Agreed.

I don’t get the anti mask stuff at all.

Even if a person thinks they are BS other people are panicked.

Wearing a mask helps people not freak out-> it’s not submitting to government overloads. It’s being kind.

FWIW, when considering the entire population in an area urban BLM protests increased social distancing resulting in a net decrease of the spread of SARS2 relative to areas without protests. The most visible portion of the population is not always the primary driver of the outcome of interest:

https://cheps.sdsu.edu/docs/CHEPS-Wo...ne-12-2020.pdf

Do you ever get tired of being so wrong? Massachusetts tested and found the number of Covid cases from protests was the same as that of the general population. They then had to retract that story because the numbers were wrong. Percentage of protesters testing positive was even lower. Full article follows in case it's pay walled.

By nearly all accounts, the development was positive news: 2.5 percent of demonstrators who took part in events protesting police brutality and systemic racism had tested positive for the novel coronavirus at free testing sites across Massachusetts. Governor Charlie Baker, in making the announcement Tuesday, said he considered the figure to be “quite low.”
    It also was wrong.
    The figure Baker originally disclosed was, in fact, nearly double the actual share of demonstrators who received positive COVID-19 tests, according to data released Friday by his administration. The state’s new disclosure shows that of 16,526 tests conducted across the 50-plus pop-up testing sites, about 1.3 percent came back positive.

Baker, speaking Tuesday, had said there had been 17,617 tests conducted — which also inflated the number of tests that demonstrators received — meaning at the 2.5 percent rate he cited, about 440 people would have tested positive for COVID.
    But, in reality, there were 210 positive tests, according to results submitted from the individual sites and released Friday in response to a Globe request.
    A Baker spokeswoman said Friday that since the governor’s announcement, officials “continued to refine the data, including removing some duplicative records,” to explain the marked difference in the data.
    The 1.27 percent positive rate “is the most up-to-date number” for the tests conducted on demonstrators and protesters, the spokeswoman confirmed.
    The new data doesn’t dramatically change the conclusion that Baker and epidemiologists had originally drawn: Even as thousands of people gathered in demonstrations sparked by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, many had taken precautions such as wearing face coverings that experts believe can dramatically reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
    Baker also noted that virtually all the events took place outside, and in many cases, people were moving, further helping to blunt any potential transmission. The test results, he said Tuesday, were a “big indicator about how important it is for people to follow the guidance and the rules.”
    In a statement, state officials described the new numbers as “updated” self-reported data the state had aggregated from the 52 testing sites, more than half of which were run by CVS. The majority of the free tests were conducted on June 17 and 18; four sites collectively offered hundreds of tests on a third day.
    Cambridge Health Alliance reported the most tests, conducting 3,575 across three pop-up sites in Cambridge, Malden, and Somerville, 1.2 percent of which were positive.
    But the sites with the highest positive rates were in hard-hit, predominantly minority cities that have already suffered high infection rates. They included the Lynn Community Health Center, where 3.4 percent of 174 tests came back positive; MGH Chelsea, where 3.2 percent of 251 tests were positive; and Lawrence General Hospital in Lawrence, where 3 percent of 643 tests were positive.
    When combining those results with other testing data from those two days, the state’s overall positive test rate stood at 2.45 percent over the stretch, a figure that hews closely to what Baker originally described for the free testing sites alone.
    The Baker administration did not release a breakdown of demographic data for those who received tests at the pop-up sites. But with the addition of those sites, the number of younger people being tested statewide soared compared to the previous two days.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Maybe for the things mentioned above and, more specifically, the people involved but, as someone who's eaten shrooms and peyote buttons by the handfuls and drank bottles of liquid owsley by the gulps, I felt like I'd just been pissing up a rope for decades once I tried dmt. I don't give a fuck what the setting is. You're gonna drop right into another reality/universe/state of being that surpasses all that other stuff/experience in the blink of an eye; so fast and hard that, if not prepared for it, a feeling of panic can ruin it for you or prevent you from going there. But a willingness to ride it and use good judgment on a spiritual plane can be eye-openingly life-altering. Just fucking incredible and real.
    Ha! The working man’s drug. When it was easily available to me, I was following the allman bros’s advice about looking inside yourself and not seeing what you want... I had a friend that worked at a cafe in pacific beach that took dmt a few times during her lunch breaks. Sounds intense! Enlightened babysitters are good.

UK is included in the ban under the Brexit transition rules.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Went out for some grocery and booze procurement yesterday. Still kinda stunned to see people in the stores without masks. Not as many as a couple of weeks ago, but still.... and we have mandatory public masking here. And why TF doesn't the store enforce the mail wearing for all who enter?
    I went to the grocery store on Friday just as the mandate was coming into effect. The Safeway manager was at the door handing out masks and barring entry to those without them. Issaquah police had a cruiser parked up on the pavement next to the store. Big diffrence from what I'd seen previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm going to assume that by patient profile you mean young, because I can't believe you could be such a racist pig as to blame Black people for being the ethnic group most at risk for Covid. Or could you?

It was customers, not employees. They were all masked and gloved and sneeze-guarded. In Western Wa at least, I'd think the number of customers anyone would lose by enforcing mask wearing would be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Because it was a shitty job in the first place, so most employees aren't going to risk getting assaulted or shot or just screamed at for telling adults how to behave for the meager wages in an already life threatening work environment .
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

People out protesting outside are spreading the virus - all these young people in close proximity to each other - again outside on the streets - happy now?! I can’t believe we are allowing this.

Instead we need to continue opening up businesses so that these young people can be in close proximity indoors while simultaneously paying taxes and stimulating the economy.

In either case the virus spreads - likely much worse indoors - let’s be clear that’s not what I’m concerned about - but in the second option I get to feel better about American exceptionalism.

/sarcasm

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm going to assume that by patient profile you mean young, because I can't believe you could be such a racist pig as to blame Black people for being the ethnic group most at risk for Covid. Or could you?
    Blame different races. Blame immigrants. Blame Gina. Blame young people. Blame the Libs. Anything but blame old white people in seats of power.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Blocking him is kindness. Quoting him is cruel.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...2C1?ocid=ientp

Fauci warns spread 'could get very bad'........No shit.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-5321...vHpK2pjVJs1HI4

a new Flu ?

" A new strain of flu that has the potential to become a pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say. The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

While it is not an immediate problem, they say, it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans and needs close monitoring. "

There is also a vid in that link on the swine flue that wiped out pork in china
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I went to the grocery store on Friday just as the mandate was coming into effect. The Safeway manager was at the door handing out masks and barring entry to those without them. Issaquah police had a cruiser parked up on the pavement next to the store. Big diffrence from what I'd seen previously.
    And 15 miles away, there are cops shopping for groceries in uniform without masks on, less than 50% compliance, and at least a couple of employees are grocery stores who refuse to wear masks or gloves, but are still ringing up purchases for people.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Blame different races. Blame immigrants. Blame Gina. Blame young people. Blame the Libs. Anything but blame old white people in seats of power.

Who the fuck is Marc Siegel.
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Blocking him is kindness. Quoting him is cruel.
    You're right. I have him on ignore but someone else quoted him, it caught my eye and I couldn't help myself.

Edit--I looked up Marc Siegel. This is what wikipedia has to say about him "He cites Maimonides as a medical influence.[5]" Maimondides lived in the 12th Century. I would hope an NYU professor's medical training would be more recent than that but judging by Siegel's ideas, it isn't.

I saw a first today, guy at auto parts, wearing a mask, on his fucking chin. Didn't even attempt to get it up to his mouth...fucking mouthbreathers

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I saw a first today, guy at auto parts, wearing a mask, on his fucking chin. Didn't even attempt to get it up to his mouth...fucking mouthbreathers
    You haven't seen that before? That's how literally every single person I have to interact with on a daily basis wears theirs. The law doesn't say WHERE you have to wear a mask, just that you have to wear it.