Page 1305 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 ... LastLast
Results 32,601 to 32,625 of 41810
    So a friend of mine just got back from San Antonio. He told me that there are absolutely ZERO fucks being given in the great state of Tejas.....No masks, no SD, packed indoor restaurants and bars, said it was like being in alternate- reality land. We are fuct.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    So a friend of mine just got back from San Antonio. He told me that there are absolutely ZERO fucks being given in the great state of Tejas.....No masks, no SD, packed indoor restaurants and bars, said it was like being in alternate- reality land. We are fuct.
    That was like my trip to rural Wisconsin early this past summer.

It’s so weird, in its way of being both comforting and terrifying at the same time. Like an only survivor of an airline crash on a desert island eating the last slice of airline apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    That was like my trip to rural Wisconsin early this past summer.

It’s so weird, in its way of being both comforting and terrifying at the same time. Like an only survivor of an airline crash on a desert island eating the last slice of airline apple pie.
    Ya he said it was totally bizarre....He also witnessed multiple Karen's and Ken's, on the rare times someone would tell them to put on a mask, come with "I have a medical condition" bullshit....He's holed up in his house and goes for a test tomorrow.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I seriously don't get your point. Is it bad that there is a vaccine? Is it bad that it was developed quickly? Is it bad people are actually getting vaccinated? Or is it just bad Trump did something semi-ok for a change? FKNA even Biden said this was a good effort on Trump's part yesterday.
    It's so fucking selfish. He encouraged a mindset that resulted in the Atlata airport thing above. It doesnt fuck8ng matter theres a vaccine until a couple hundred million are poked, which will happen well after the carnage resulting from this Christmas alone. The rest of the world looks in in horror. China smirks. They won. Brilliant.

The US is currently doing better than pretty much all of Europe, notably the Swiss, UK, Italy, Austria and Belgium, with fewer deaths per capita over the past 7 days. Did Trump fuck them over also or maybe this virus doesn't play politics and is just shitty everywhere?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

I never said the current case load was great, but in terms of a vaccine, things are looking better now that it is here, that is all. KQ and others just can't bring themselves to hate anything else but the orange man.
    Live Free or Die

Pfizer punted the RD funding from the US gov to saddle up with German pharmco BioNTech. Not sure the angle yet but have plenty of conspiracy theories that all point to Pfizer making more money in the long run. They did take pre-funding to fulfill orders. Like other posters, I agree that it's akin to building a car once you have the order. Probably better, they didn't even know if they were going to be able to build the car.

I'm just happy there are some vaccines being distributed regardless of who made them and who is taking credit.

The US is currently doing better than pretty much all of Europe, notably the Swiss, UK, Italy, Austria and Belgium, with fewer deaths per capita over the past 7 days. Did Trump fuck them over also or maybe this virus doesn't play politics and is just shitty everywhere?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

I never said the current case load was great, but in terms of a vaccine, things are looking better now that it is here, that is all. KQ and others just can't bring themselves to hate anything else but the orange man.
    If you don’t absolutely despise the orange man for destroying democracy and obliterating our standing in the world, you simply aren’t paying attention. Not to mention being responsible for what, 100,000 lives? 200,000 lives?
    His damage to our union will take decades to repair.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    If you don’t absolutely despise the orange man for destroying democracy and obliterating our standing in the world, you simply aren’t paying attention.
    You don't have to despise him for it. One might even like it. Not recognizing that it happened is a different story.

Good point!

I'm just confused why we are defending Trump and not touting the remarkable reaction of the invisible hand and free market vis-a-vis Pfizer developing a vaccine on their own dime.

If I were a libertarian I would be noting that the GOV wasted $11 Billion in taxpayer money on something the private sector was going to do anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    "Warp Speed" was a terrible idea for a name.

"Maximum Effort" would have been better.

I'm still not a zombie... yet
    If it was Maximum Effort would the vaccine let us regrow limbs too?

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I'm just confused why we are defending Trump and not touting the remarkable reaction of the invisible hand
    Trumps hands are almost small enough to be invisible. Why are we not celebrating his hands?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    If it was Maximum Effort would the vaccine let us regrow limbs too?
    Possible, likely even... why does everyone assume long term side effects would be bad? Why not limb regeneration and a snarky dark sense of humor?

I'm going to claim that my lack of verbal filtering is a side effect.

Maybe eating brains will be fun?

*spoiler alert*

In I Am Legend, the vampire zombie things were pretty happy and did not want to be "cured."
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

KQ and others just can't bring themselves to hate anything else but the orange man.
    Aidronrider just can’t bring himself from cupping the orange balls on every subject. Take this tired shit back to poliass, oh yeah that’s right, you disappeared from there after the election and your certainty Biden was going to get killed in PA over “fracking.”

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Aidronrider just can’t bring himself from cupping the orange balls on every subject. Take this tired shit back to poliass, oh yeah that’s right, you disappeared from there after the election and your certainty Biden was going to get killed in PA over “fracking.”
    Ha. Hey adrionrider, do you know trump thinks you are a fucking loser? I guarantee it! He doesn't give a shit about you or any of his voters. he doesn't respect his wife, his sons, nobody who works for him, so certainly he does not admire some random guy like you making how much a year???? He certainly loves the ball cups you trumpers give him, of course.

I don't think you are a loser, sometimes, not often though, you have good counterpoints to a buncha shrill liberal ding dongs on this site and certainly Trump hasn't fucked up everything while in office IMO too, but have some self respect for gods sake.

Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Biden is smart enough to know that the success of the vaccine is in getting people TO take it, that there is no % in shitting on the loser Trump especilay if it will help get people to take it and helps America

this concept is totally lost on Lots of other people
    Fixed.

I hope he spends every minute of the next months holed up on his toilet tweeting about the greatness of these vaccines and taking all the credit.

I just got off the phone with a supplier whose delivery schedule has been impacted several times by positive tests in key people. At least the vaccines are coming, says I. No way, says she, "I don't believe the President would knowingly put us at risk, but I'll take my chances with a virus. I'm not putting any vaccine in me, especially if Bill Gates had anything to do with it!"

Not everyone wants better cell reception. Trump finally has a factual talking point he's willing to put out there and it's the exact one we need his covidiots to hear. This is not the time to argue with him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Sorry to say, but your friend is full of shit. That's where I am and I've been seeing damn near 100% mask compliance, distance respect, and what not. Bars have recently been shut down. Restaurants are running at like half capacity. Businesses have been pretty strict about mask enforcement, temp checks at some places even. Not sure what yokel dives your "friend" was hanging out at, but his experience is polar opposite of mine. He prolly saw like one infraction and was like "CaN YOu BeLieVe tHesE Guys?!"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Well, my 78 yr old father may have contracted COVID. They are waiting on test results. He was negative for flu. So far his symptoms have been mild, hopefully that will not change.
    Hoping his symptoms stay that way and he does fine; odds are generally with him even at his age. Positive vibes regardless.

(Sorry your post got lost in the thread with all the DJT-does/doesn't-deserve-kudos back-and-forth)

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    If I were a libertarian I would be noting that the GOV wasted $11 Billion in taxpayer money on something the private sector was going to do anyways.
    Ironic that AdironRider keeps claiming that he is a Libertarian. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

. Trump finally has a factual talking point he's willing to put out there and it's the exact one we need his covidiots to hear. This is not the time to argue with him about it.
    However, the fact that he hasn’t gotten the vaccine and shows no interest in getting it tells the mouthbreathers not to as well.

Since he got the Regeneron recombinant antibody prep very early in his course, he could conceivably still be susceptible to reinfection as he may not have actually derived an innate antibody response to SARS CoV2 infection. Early dexamethasone administration (which he also received) could theoretically also increase this risk, as it would damp down a robust T-cell response.

Wouldn't it be iiiiironic if, after remaining so cavalier (to the detriment of the nation at a whole), he is reinfected and, um, doesn't do so well second time around? One can only hope, errrrr, imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, the fact that he hasn’t gotten the vaccine and shows no interest in getting it tells the mouthbreathers not to as well.
    This might very well be the source of the cognitive dissonance in her voice. Some real difficult thinking going on while her President is telling her to get vaccinated.

Ultimately I think this one is about dying in a position that was staked out too early: "we're all going to get it anyway!" She's digging in and preparing for the final assault. I hope it comes slowly and she's just over it by the time it's her turn, but I kind of expect to hear she's out sick next week.

It is, quite literally, the hill the freedumbz peeps are willing to die on.

And odds are they prolly won't die.

And if they infect someone else who dies, well that's the price of freedumb.

Fauci said that djt shouldn’t get the vax yet because he took the antibody juice less than 90 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Since he got the Regeneron recombinant antibody prep very early in his course, he could conceivably still be susceptible to reinfection as he may not have actually derived an innate antibody response to SARS CoV2 infection. Early dexamethasone administration (which he also received) could theoretically also increase this risk, as it would damp down a robust T-cell response.

Wouldn't it be iiiiironic if, after remaining so cavalier (to the detriment of the nation at a whole), he is reinfected and, um, doesn't do so well second time around? One can only hope, errrrr, imagine.
    Adaptive not innate