Page 1363 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 ... LastLast
Results 34,051 to 34,075 of 41810
    Rhetorical question on my part.

I am totally good with donning a mask to go into a store.

funniest thing I have heard all day was some idiot from TN declaring that masks don't work, his proof, when wearing a mask into a bar he can smell onion rings from the next table through the mask.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

funniest thing I have heard all day was some idiot from TN declaring that masks don't work, his proof, when wearing a mask into a bar he can smell onion rings from the next table through the mask.
    And that is why we are doomed as a species......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    And that is why we are doomed as a species......

It would be really nice if the breeders among us could dial down the fecundity a bit while we're on our way to being doomed, at least. Ultimately, the root cause of 99% of our problems is that there are too fucking many of us.

Pretty sure the reason for the mask-even-though-vaccinated rule is that if it were a mask pass, retarded anti mask types would just lie about being vaxed to get out of having to wear one, and go around spreading covid even more unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    and "his" apparently.
    The followers of Cathol are pretty big on that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Oh, not only do we not know for sure about whether or not you can be a spreader with a vaccine, but what are you gonna do, walk around waving your vaccine card on the way in? What if someone makes a fake one? Why have 2 classes of people? Come on.
    No longer stuck.

Article about variants from the NYT.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ith-evolution/
    One problem with coming up with new vaccines to deal with variants is that the J and J and other adenovirus vector vaccines are of limited usefulness for repeat vaccination because the population will be immune to the vector, which leaves the mRNA vaccines with their issues of manufacture, storage, and shipping. (The yearly flu vaccines are live attenuated or inactivated virus vaccines--and we don't have any of those yet for Covid in the US) If the vector is changed I would think a new trials would have to be carried out to see how well the new vector works.

I don't know much about vector vaccines--just what I read in the lay literature--but it seems to me that one problem with that class of vaccine in general is that once you use a vector to widely vaccinate a population you would lose that vector for other vaccines. The J and J uses a fairly rare adenovirus that few people have immunity to, but as developers are forced to use more and more common adenoviruses fewer and fewer people will lack immunity to them, so vaccine effectiveness will keep declining with each new vaccine.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Bunion, if you're vaccinated tho, aren't you pretty unlikely to be a spreader? Seriously. If people are vaccinated, then whats the point of wearing a mask? And if you get vaccinated but STILL have to SD, mask up, do all the same bullshit, then what the hell was the point of getting vaccinated?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    If you can’t figure this out, you should drop out of the apprentice electrician school right now. No way you’ll be able to wrap your head around three phase. You’re better off in the oil patch with a wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Article about variants from the NYT.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ith-evolution/
    One problem with coming up with new vaccines to deal with variants is that the J and J and other adenovirus vector vaccines are of limited usefulness for repeat vaccination because the population will be immune to the vector, which leaves the mRNA vaccines with their issues of manufacture, storage, and shipping. (The yearly flu vaccines are live attenuated or inactivated virus vaccines--and we don't have any of those yet for Covid in the US) If the vector is changed I would think a new trials would have to be carried out to see how well the new vector works.

I don't know much about vector vaccines--just what I read in the lay literature--but it seems to me that one problem with that class of vaccine in general is that once you use a vector to widely vaccinate a population you would lose that vector for other vaccines. The J and J uses a fairly rare adenovirus that few people have immunity to, but as developers are forced to use more and more common adenoviruses fewer and fewer people will lack immunity to them, so vaccine effectiveness will keep declining with each new vaccine.
    Thanks for bringing that up OG. So if I'm understanding it correctly there should be the possibility of a ton of different type boosters using the mRNA vaccines? My other question is has there been chatter about if people can get a booster made by a different company than their primary vaccine? It'll be interesting to see how that begins to shake out.

Interesting.
    How do I get the one that changes my DNA? Does it improve my DNA? Does it at least improve my 5G reception?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Thanks for bringing that up OG. So if I'm understanding it correctly there should be the possibility of a ton of different type boosters using the mRNA vaccines? My other question is has there been chatter about if people can get a booster made by a different company than their primary vaccine? It'll be interesting to see how that begins to shake out.
    What I've read is that the mRNA for the spike protein can be easily switched in place of the mRNA of the original vaccine. I would think the same would be true for the DNA in the adenovirus vector vaccines, but those depend on the adenovirus getting into the cell, which won't happen if the person happens to be immune to the particular adenovirus.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    If you get the J&J, you can still get the mRNA boosters. No real issue there besides availability.

Bunion, if you're vaccinated tho, aren't you pretty unlikely to be a spreader? Seriously. If people are vaccinated, then whats the point of wearing a mask? And if you get vaccinated but STILL have to SD, mask up, do all the same bullshit, then what the hell was the point of getting vaccinated?

This has been explained at least a dozen times. And there is a high chance one of those previous explanations was directed at you.

Shit it’s almost like you’re gonna follow this up with “it’s just the flu” and “we should do Sweden!”

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    This has been explained at least a dozen times. And there is a high chance one of those previous explanations was directed at you.
    100% chance. Which is evidently one of the two numbers to which he rounds all probabilities. Never wanted to ski backcountry, apparently.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    If you can’t figure this out, you should drop out of the apprentice electrician school right now. No way you’ll be able to wrap your head around three phase. You’re better off in the oil patch with a wrench.
    Huh. Didn't realize sparkies were such scared little bitches. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I’m totally for getting rid of onerous public health measures. Sometimes I just need to take shit on someone’s door step or right in the middle of the store and who are county health officials to stop me?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Easy now. That power move is celebrated in San Francisco. They even have an app for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Is it really that fucking hard to wear a fucking mask? Does it really ruin your day?
    When does it end tho? Seriously. I thought it was when hospital cases are down to a certain level. We're there. I thought it was when the vaccine was released and the most vulnerable got inoculated. We're there.

I know some of you anti-social fucks are perfectly content to remain in your basements and not see another human face, or shake hands, or hug for all of eternity, but the rest of us? Screw that. "Two weeks to slow the spread! That's all we're asking guys. Just two weeks!" Uh huh...

Good god you're a moran.

I think he thinks he is being a clever little troll.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

When does it end tho? Seriously. I thought it was when hospital cases are down to a certain level. We're there. I thought it was when the vaccine was released and the most vulnerable got inoculated. We're there.

I know some of you anti-social fucks are perfectly content to remain in your basements and not see another human face, or shake hands, or hug for all of eternity, but the rest of us? Screw that. "Two weeks to slow the spread! That's all we're asking guys. Just two weeks!" Uh huh...

Things changed. We learned new information on the virus, its implications, it’s spread and how to better REDUCE (not prevent) transmission. It’s not that hard.

I get it. People have the right to do what they want re: mask. We have rights and no one wants to be locked up inside for a year. No one. But I also have the right to think you’re fucking selfish and soft as puppy shit because you can’t wear a little mask where you’re around people. Not all the time. Just when you’re around others. Again, not hard. Looking to reduce the spread. Not prevent.

Once the nation where we fought nazis and bravely died on the beaches in Normandy to protect our citizens. Now we can’t wear a fucking mask. Boo fucking hoo.
    Decisions Decisions

Someone I know through work:

“My wife had to fly back to China yesterday because her grandfather is sick. This is what they do with travellers. To be able to fly, she had to get both a Nasal Swab - PCR Test and a COVID 19 Serology Test. Both have to be negative before she can board.

Once she lands in Shanghai, she gets a mandatory Nasal Swab at the airport then everyone gets bused to a hotel for mandatory quarantine for 14 days at her own expense. While in the hotel, she needs to get routine Nasal Swabs every 2-3 days.
    They are provided with antiseptic tablets to put in the toilet bowl everyday before a bowel movement. The stool needs to sit in the bowl for 1 hour with the tablets dissolving before she can flush it down.

After 14 days of hotel quarantine in Shanghai, she needs to travel to another province in China to see her family. Once she arrives to that province, she has to do another 7 days of mandatory hotel quarantine.”

Meanwhile in North America: “wearing fabric on my face when indoors in a public place is bullshit!”

Someone I know through work:

“My wife had to fly back to China yesterday because her grandfather is sick. This is what they do with travellers. To be able to fly, she had to get both a Nasal Swab - PCR Test and a COVID 19 Serology Test. Both have to be negative before she can board.

Once she lands in Shanghai, she gets a mandatory Nasal Swab at the airport then everyone gets bused to a hotel for mandatory quarantine for 14 days at her own expense. While in the hotel, she needs to get routine Nasal Swabs every 2-3 days.
    They are provided with antiseptic tablets to put in the toilet bowl everyday before a bowel movement. The stool needs to sit in the bowl for 1 hour with the tablets dissolving before she can flush it down.

After 14 days of hotel quarantine in Shanghai, she needs to travel to another province in China to see her family. Once she arrives to that province, she has to do another 7 days of mandatory hotel quarantine.”

Meanwhile in North America: “wearing fabric on my face when indoors in a public place is bullshit!”
    Go ahead and move to China and see how that goes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Go ahead and move to China and see how that goes for you.
    Clearly the point isn’t that I want to live in China. Not sure where you got that from.

Clearly the point isn’t that I want to live in China. Not sure where you got that from.
    maybe you typed it inadvertently.
    swing your fucking sword.

Sorry but Austin's friend of a neighbor's cousin stories are way better and more believable.