Page 1202 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 ... LastLast
Results 30,026 to 30,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Unfortunately, the political hack installed as Postmaster General has ruled that postal workers are exempt from all mask requirements. Because... reasons...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Luckily, in squaw valley, the post office workers are smarter than this and they wear masks all the times.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=m2711c;6135590]
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I can see it. ?

maybe its just me, but yer shots just show a blue square question mark on all my apple things.... anyone else not seeing the pics?
    Yah, me too; but I ain't complaining ...... eeeeewwwwww, Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Unfortunately, the political hack installed as Postmaster General has ruled that postal workers are exempt from all mask requirements. Because... reasons...
    I watched some of the SpaceX-ISS mission yesterday. All the earthbound people (SpaceX control room, JAXA control room, etc.) had masks or other protection, except Houston control room. Perhaps also reasons?

I can see Bunny’s pics. iPad, Safari.

And give Dolly P some slack. She donated $1 million bucks to the vaccine development. $1 million.

Maybe this also belongs in the Is learning guitar after a certain age lame thread, but, I'll leave it here. Who knows, maybe there's a thousand future Eddie Van Halens hard at work right now in the basements of America.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fende...170517532.html
    Maybe it's time for me to unload my '64 strat. all original, including vibrato arm and bridge cover, case

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Our new mask mandate is only for people who can't distance indoors for 15 minutes. So basically everyone is exempt. It would be like if speed limits only applied if you were next to another car for 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    That's hilarious. I read about all these states imposing tough restrictions--which are not as strict as the restrictions we've had along along, even when our county was moderate tier. (I like how moderate covid spread and moderate avalanche risk mean the same thing--not that safe.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post

You shut your mouth. Dolly is a national treasure. Listen to her bluegrass. Listen to her sense of humor. A smart woman who came from nothing and went to the top in a man's world.

Wow, that Strat is money.

Wow, that Strat is money.
    Would have been a lot more money if I could have played it like Jimi.
    I was told I should have been a musician.
    By the dean of the medical school.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was told I should have been a musician.
    By the dean of the medical school.
    Man that’s tough. Like being told you have the face for radio while at acting school.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

At home covid test given emergency use authorization. Will require prescription but can be carried out and give result at home. Detects virus nucleic acid, so tests for active infection, not previous infection.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...ronavirus-test

COVID is a hoax in that it is not a supervirus. A virus, yes. But, it does not deserve the attention or reaction it is getting with shutting down business and changing our lives forever. That's just like my opinion, man.

Lol. It has a cape. I’ve seen it.

Maybe the deniers would understand it if they followed Dr Seuss...

Just released data shows Pfizer vaccine efficacy is 95%. Additionally the efficacy was similar across all demographics groups including over 94% for 65+.

Some relatively good news that came up in the ecrc: Maine and some other northeast states are seeing almost no to no community transmission in schools which lends credence to if everybody follows the rules (schools for their faults are good at that) we can control this.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe it's time for me to unload my '64 strat. all original, including vibrato arm and bridge cover, case
    Would love to see some pics of the Strat, there’s that ‘’learning guitar as an adult’’ thread if you are so inclined

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Some relatively good news that came up in the ecrc: Maine and some other northeast states are seeing almost no to no community transmission in schools which lends credence to if everybody follows the rules (schools for their faults are good at that) we can control this.
    Virus rates have been incredibly low. This will probably change if things keep spiking

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    COVID is a hoax in that it is not a supervirus. A virus, yes. But, it does not deserve the attention or reaction it is getting with shutting down business and changing our lives forever. That's just like my opinion, man.
    Tell us more. You sound really knowledgeable.

I am the only one out of many who wears a mask when in our office. Yesterday an unmasked dispatcher stopped me in the hall to tell me “you have to wear a mask in the office now”, while her and 4 other unmasked coworkers went about whatever they were doing. I’m in an n95 backing away from this lady. I was speechless.

Later, my bosses called a mandatory meeting so we could all be together as they stood maskless telling us to wear masks. Somebody asked if that applied to them and they answered: not until tomorrow.

It’s incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I am the only one out of many who wears a mask when in our office. Yesterday an unmasked dispatcher stopped me in the hall to tell me “you have to wear a mask in the office now”, while her and 4 other unmasked coworkers went about whatever they were doing. I’m in an n95 backing away from this lady. I was speechless.

Later, my bosses called a mandatory meeting so we could all be together as they stood maskless telling us to wear masks. Somebody asked if that applied to them and they answered: not until tomorrow.

It’s incredible.
    Outstanding.

Just to go back a bit to the Canuck-Yank tussle.

The founding of a nation via a constitution is a formative event for future generations. Here is the core difference:

USA - you are guaranteed "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". Over time, that meant freedom to flaunt guns and deny science.

Canada - you get "Peace, order and good government" (section 91 of the British North America Act of 1867 (now called the Constitution Act, 1867)). Not that Canadians are that much better, they are for the most part just americans without the guns, but there is a fundamental respect for others and authority that many in the USA do not have.

I just listened to The Handmaids Tale audio book on a long drive (a dystopian not-so-future america run by a religious cult (written in 1984)). At the end there is an essay by Valerie Martin on the book and where it is coming from (puritan pursuit of witches, amongst other historic events), that includes the above comparison, from 2005. In the book the US was a repressive patriarchy and escapees to Canada were shot. "It can´t happen here" was the reaction of the gringos at the time, but now Trump and the GOP religious kooks are a step in that direction.

Chileans want to write a new constitution from scratch, and I am trying to be optimistic, but am scared nonetheless. A document full of promises and good intentions that are impossible to deliver, much less interpret in a practical sense, is something my grandkids will pay for.

The current spike in cases in Canada is worrying, even if it is lower than the USA. My mom (92 with severe Alzheimer) has 8 positives on her long term care floor, and one died 3 days ago. I get to "talk" to her once a week by skype, but the last time she had a mask on and there was no real communication, just confusion. My hat goes off the to care givers there, they have a frightfully difficult task controlling severe dementia cases 24/7 in a pandemic.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Maybe the deniers would understand it if they followed Dr Seuss...

Please tell me this is actually in print somewhere... I'm afraid to google the title for obv reasons.

Lol @yetiman. I'm like a fly on the wall at work. Barely have to go inside. Astounding they don't require masks in the offices, so I hold my breath into the hallway and slide my paperwork through a window and gtfo. Male dominated distribution industry. A while ago someone had a positive, a few people wore masks for a few days. Luckily almost everything I do involving data is done over wifi/towers, unlike the old days when you had to go inside to do it manually.

The people who are slightly better at wearing masks...drivers.

When it started getting colder the contractors my wife works with wanted to take take meetings inside their trailer and the rest of the city engineering staff she works with agreed, but she put her foot down and it worked. Now they all stand in a giant circle outside while they freeze. She is often the only one masked.

Good news about schools in Maine. Anecdotally it is the same here. I wonder if we had school masking/distancing drills like we do with tornadoes if things would be better. Teach these kids to use masks properly now, and they always will...instead of pouting Freedumb!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Aaron Carrol makes a simple and cogent point about kids and masks...they’re kids, they learn, at some point they didn’t want to wear pants, then they learned. They’ll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Just released data shows Pfizer vaccine efficacy is 95%. Additionally the efficacy was similar across all demographics groups including over 94% for 65+.
    Funny how Pfizer's data now shows 95% effectiveness (vs 90% just days ago), when Moderna just announced 94.5% yesterday. Is it a pissing match now? Is Trump consulting for Pfizer?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Would love to see some pics of the Strat, there’s that ‘’learning guitar as an adult’’ thread if you are so inclined
    Alas it's not with me at the moment to take a picture. It's a 3 color sunburst, rosewood fingerboard--like the one Bob played at Newport (and like the one that I saw him play later that year). The Newport guitar sold for 900K+ a few years ago. Mine is worth less, although I do a pretty good Dylan imitation. Would you settle for a picture of an imitation 52 tele?

Didn't think so.

Coronavirus immunity may last a long time.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/h...-immunity.html
    I don't know the science well enough to tell whether this is wishful thinking or solid. Predicting years when the immune response has been studied for 8 months seems maybe a bridge too far but I guess we'll see. What say our in house virologists?