Page 1555 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 ... LastLast
Results 38,851 to 38,875 of 40118
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You want to fat shame without dealing with the roots of the obesity problem. A lot of the solution is very contrary to your espoused politics. It's not just an individual moral failing.
    I think it would be interesting to compare how Americans treat alcoholics versus how they treat fat people.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    I think it would be interesting to compare how Americans treat alcoholics versus how they treat fat people.
    Alcoholics are a pariah too. Do you live under a rock? The problem is that most alcoholics are invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

All the same to me.. Alcoholic, Type II Diabeties, Morbidly Obese, etc.. We're all getting different physical and economic hands in the birth lottery. Can many with those issues work through them? Maybe.. But, odds of success are not all that great... especially if the person is low income.

Now antivax or anti mask, on the other hand.. The tools and information required to overcome those risks are WIDELY available for free and super easy to utilize for instant success.. Not even apples and oranges.. more like apples and cancer..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You want to fat shame without dealing with the roots of the obesity problem. A lot of the solution is very contrary to your espoused politics. It's not just an individual moral failing.
    And what would those roots be? And what would the solutions be? My opinion? Our obesity issues are (A) cultural, but ALSO (B) massively CAUSED by our government, ie corn subsidies, thus high fructose corn syrup in freaking everything, among many, many other problems. So many things our government touches turns to shit. Sometimes the best thing is for them to just GTFO of the way, ya know?

Yeah, there's a ton of other reasons, but sssooooooo many of our health issues stem from shit diets. Followed by asinine medical practices as caused by big pharma, see: the endless marathon of pharmaceutical commercials on TV. Too many issues to address in a single post, but in a nutshell our culture of eating crap food (as brought to you by Uncle Sam) and popping Rx pills to solve every conceivable problem brings a lot of our own problems on ourselves. We are somehow the sickest country on the planet despite our insane $$$ spent per capita toward health.

Everyone just needs to start smoking all day again. Obesity went up as smoking went down. But, there has always been obesity, way before corn syrup in everything;.. It's just as much your brain and metabolism wiring as it is what you have available to eat. Pretty sure meth heads eat shitty diets when they eat at all..

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    And what would those roots be? And what would the solutions be? My opinion? Our obesity issues are (A) cultural, but ALSO (B) massively CAUSED by our government, ie corn subsidies, thus high fructose corn syrup in freaking everything, among many, many other problems. So many things our government touches turns to shit. Sometimes the best thing is for them to just GTFO of the way, ya know?

Yeah, there's a ton of other reasons, but sssooooooo many of our health issues stem from shit diets. Followed by asinine medical practices as caused by big pharma, see: the endless marathon of pharmaceutical commercials on TV. Too many issues to address in a single post, but in a nutshell our culture of eating crap food (as brought to you by Uncle Sam) and popping Rx pills to solve every conceivable problem brings a lot of our own problems on ourselves. We are somehow the sickest country on the planet despite our insane $$$ spent per capita toward health.
    At the risk of being given a yellow card, I seem to recall a first lady recently trying to address the poor eating habits of Americans and she was pretty nmuch crucified in the media by people just like you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    All the same to me.. Alcoholic, Type II Diabeties, Morbidly Obese, etc.. We're all getting different physical and economic hands in the birth lottery. Can many with those issues work through them? Maybe.. But, odds of success are not all that great... especially if the person is low income.

Now antivax or anti mask, on the other hand.. The tools and information required to overcome those risks are WIDELY available for free and super easy to utilize for instant success.. Not even apples and oranges.. more like apples and cancer..
    IMO and IME, wrong on all count. But you're cute when you blovate.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

<snip> commercials on TV.
    People still watch commercial TV?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    IMO and IME, wrong on all count. But you're cute when you blovate.
    So you don't believe the resources not reaching antivaxers are accessible and affordable and effective ? Odd I don't get the antivax vibe from your bloviations until now.

I'll double down that some people are just born hardwired to be alcoholics or food addicts etc.. Put them in an (less than privileged or over privileged) environment that enhances that propensity to happen and that's where things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    At the risk of being given a yellow card, I seem to recall a first lady recently trying to address the poor eating habits of Americans and she was pretty nmuch crucified in the media by people just like you.
    "People just like you," eh? Care to find a single quote of me giving her crap for that? Hint: You won't. But hey, feel free to keep tossing out those red herrings as is tradition with you.

Anti vacers are as brain washed as the Davidians. I would wager a large portion of the unvaxed, not anti vax, could be reached with proper marketing and outreach.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    At this point we are beyond masks. Itís not because masks donít work itís because people donít wear them. Itís because we never really had real lockdowns or enforced mask requirements. Really when you go out in public and half or more of the people wonít mask, whatís the point? Whatís the point for the majority of mask wearers if they canít wear them properly? Go to a restaurant and you have to mask and in some cases prove vaccination, but only to enter or exit and when you order or use the restroom. Weíve failed at even the most basic measures of mitigation because of selfishness and lack of discipline.

Whatís the point when there is no enforcement? Iíve seen none. Went out the other night, only because it was my b-day and no masks. Plus waitress was leaning over the table. Where is the county to enforce their mandate? Shut the place down. Owner is still swimming in free ppp loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Whatís the point when there is no enforcement? Iíve seen none. Went out the other night, only because it was my b-day and no masks. Plus waitress was leaning over the table]
    i hope she was waving her tits in yer face so you gave her the big tip
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

"People just like you," eh? Care to find a single quote of me giving her crap for that? Hint: You won't. But hey, feel free to keep tossing out those red herrings as is tradition with you.

Yep, you got me to bite. Nevermind.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Fact is, I think this virus is only getting started. Omicron could of just as easily morfed into a more deadly and contagious virus and that is likely just over the horizon. A bunch of people in this country are going to die before it is all over, I am sorry to say.
    I agree it's getting started. Two years of false hopium isn't working. 400k for each of the first 2 years. Will it drop to 300k per year now that a bunch of us got vaccinated (and/or sickened)? 200k of last year's dead died in the 6 months after the vaccine victory party. Who's gonna say "the flu is worse?" How many dead before Americans start looking around the globe for better approaches?

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    How many dead before Americans start looking around the globe for better approaches?
    Sadly, the opposite is happening. I guarantee that Red Chinese diplomats are going around the world pointing at us saying ďSee that ? You want to end up like that ?Ē

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

But, at the same time, most western diplomats point at China, and say, do you really want to live like that, especially the Islamic world.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Like locking people at their place of employment. China is really upping their game.

Or using Ivermectin like India?

How about the zoo animals, house pets, and wild populations I know they all are very anti-science and anti vax so you will probably need to round them up first.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I agree it's getting started. Two years of false hopium isn't working. 400k for each of the first 2 years. Will it drop to 300k per year now that a bunch of us got vaccinated (and/or sickened)? 200k of last year's dead died in the 6 months after the vaccine victory party. Who's gonna say "the flu is worse?" How many dead before Americans start looking around the globe for better approaches?
    It’s far too late for any different approach, and many people here want more failure, not less. The currently brewing narrrative is we should have done less, not more.

Just ordered my 4 free Covid Tests. Thanks Joe.

Holy shit... I was 10 minutes in to a conference call today only to find out someone on the call is currently sick with Omicron. I didn't have my mask on so I'm probably fucked.. That Omicron don't play...

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Just ordered my 4 free Covid Tests. Thanks Joe.
    Me too. Yes!
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Super easy!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

On the news just now they said ships end of the month starting with zip codes in high transmission areas.