Page 1654 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 ... LastLast
Results 41,326 to 41,350 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

…and had to take 3 weeks off work, as if every American has that luxury. ….
    Most are not interested in fighting to obtain such luxuries. Because freedumb.

So everybody here's cool with Moderna spiking the vaccine price by 400%? Nothing to say about that?

Repost from yesterday, but here it is again for those who missed this egregious crap:
    Moderna CEO brazenly defends 400% COVID shot price hike, downplays NIH’s role
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2023...00-price-hike/

Moderna's tryna give Martin Shkreli a run for his money.

No dumbass. Everyone here is not cool with Morderna. Why the fuck would you think that. I demand you answer that question.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    No dumbass. Everyone here is not cool with Morderna. Why the fuck would you think that. I demand you answer that question.
    Because nobody in here seems to want to talk about the news of the recently announced price spikes. At least Bernie Sanders went hard on them. Too bad nobody else seems to care.

I may not agree with Sanders on everything, but I've always appreciated his efforts to call out the pharmaceutical industry. Bunch of scumbags.

You go girl!

There was a 2 hoour documentary about Fauci n PBS the other night. They follwed him around for 2 years. He comes across as an irascible, not particularly humble old guy (like me but with skilz) . A workaholic (not like me.) He's particlarly proud of the global AIDS initiative he did with GWB. And he was pretty hit and miss about wearing his mask around the offce. I suspect that everybody around was getting tested a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Because nobody in here seems to want to talk about the news of the recently announced price spikes. At least Bernie Sanders went hard on them. Too bad nobody else seems to care.

I may not agree with Sanders on everything, but I've always appreciated his efforts to call out the pharmaceutical industry. Bunch of scumbags.
    You watch too much Faux. "WHY IS THE MEDIA NOT COVERING THIS!!?? says the Faux Media.

You watch too much Faux. "WHY IS THE MEDIA NOT COVERING THIS!!?? says the Faux Media.
    Are you daft, old man? I LITERALLY posted the video from Bernie's own YT channel. Heard about the issue first from The Young Turks, ie NOT Fox News. Besides, Fox execs LOOOOOOOVE big pharma. It's like 90% of their ad revenue.

I use "Faux" as a way to describe how they have made you, yes you personally, feel butt hurt and unheard about... Every. Fucking Thing. . BTW, who won the war on Christmas. That's when this brain meld began. And you ate the whole enchilada.

So here' honey boy . I think a 400% hike is obscene, how about you?

Question for the padded room: why do dumb fucks jump to the outraged conclusion that, if a topic isn’t covered in here, that everybody must be ok and on board with it and a proponent of it?

I use "Faux" as a way to describe how they have made you, yes you personally, feel butt hurt and unheard about... Every. Fucking Thing. . BTW, who won the war on Christmas. That's when this brain meld began. And you ate the whole enchilada.

So here' honey boy . I think a 400% hike is obscene, how about you?
    This, folks, is precisely what is wrong with the internet and what it's done to our culture. Here, we have an issue that SHOULD be uniting and pretty bipartisan. It's something I'm pretty sure we can all agree on. Yet, people like Wooley go straight on the attack, even if they agree with the opinion. WTF, man? Can't you be chill, like ever? Like "Hey, I may not agree with you all the time, but perhaps we can find some common ground on this one." Would it even be possible for you conduct yourself in a civil manner like that? Like ONCE?

Mentioning hand hygiene as a means to not get infected and not mentioning mask wearing appears to illustrate a lack of recognition of how the disease is spread. Recognizing the uptick in severity of other diseases and not publicly recognizing and linking the possibility to the (hopefully temporary) immune dysfunction experienced by many after a covid infection is not good. It also led to accusations of harm from the vax. Same argument goes along with the increases in heart attacks and other vascular-related diseases.

Here’s the head of the us’s disease prevention agency’s 2 bullet list of how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. https://twitter.com/cdcdirector/stat...Mbjk5ElmdWLRnQ

Improving indoor air quality would do a lot to mitigate spread, acute illness, and long covid, even in places like restaurants and conference centers. This has been demonstrated and cdc has started conveying this info to the public.

But in a country where development of a home in a floodplain with a 1% chance of annually flooding is heavily restricted by the government and the insurance industry, the poor extent of information being shared and communicated by our government about the % chance of developing long covid after each infection sucks. People that want to “do the right thing” and follow the “gold standard” cdc guidance have very little awareness.

Would it even be possible for you conduct yourself in a civil manner like that? Like ONCE?

Probably not you insufferable dupka. When you start the conversation with your Fauxish bullshit boo hoo hoo, I lose what little patience I have left for you Honey Boo cry babies. So suck it up buttercup.

^^
    So Wooley now lumps in Bernie Sanders & Young Turks along with Fox News. Got it.

Whenever I see wooley I think Beastie Boys.

She chased me out of class, she was strapped with a ruler
    Went to the bathroom, rolled myself a wooler
    With bottle in hand at the microphone stand
    Ay, yo, homeboy, what you drinkin', man?

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I don't envy the CDC. They have to balance politics and science. I agree it would be nice if they'd tell us the science, but also see the difficulty they face.
    One of the issues in my mind is that the cdc’s mission is not to account for politics: https://www.cdc.gov/about/organization/mission.htm

Cdc has fairly good mask guidance, but their consistent sharing of this guidance is poor (page updated 3/21/23): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

Maybe do something useful like find the context for the price increase. Maybe their expenses increased for some reason. Maybe they have investors who want to do the capitalism thing. Maybe the CEO deserves a yacht bonus. My bet's on capitalism.

^^
    So Wooley now lumps in Bernie Sanders & Young Turks along with Fox News. Got it.
    You got nothing. I lump you in with the Three Stooges. Based on your posts. Honey Boo

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I can see why she got slammed for that. As phrased it appears to be racist (or political) singling out Chinese travelers, but only if they aren't citizens or immigrants (same as the original Trump admin nonsense). And maybe travelers from China should have been singled out due to China's sudden decision at that time to let it rip, all travelers. However, when I click through to the actual order, there's no change from 8 months earlier, and the requirement is for a negative test prior to boarding, which I believe is the standard everyone has to meet for international travel.

There's also some bullshit concern in there about new variants from China. Since we don't have a zero-Covid policy, rigorous travel quarantines, etc, that's straight racism. Those variants were gonna get here regardless of our China travel policies.

And farking hell, some twits in the comments are sexist shitheads.
    Her tweet was in the context of China blowing up after they suddenly drpped restrictions, and it was a response to the many people who don't want to let Chinese people in period. So her tweet seems antiracist to me. The testing requirement was recently dropped for China. I checked a handful f countries and none of them, including the US requires pre entry testing, although must be some that still do. The US does require proof of vaccination for non-citiizen non-immigrant visitors, so if China was getting a pass that seems non-racist to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Mentioning hand hygiene as a means to not get infected and not mentioning mask wearing appears to illustrate a lack of recognition of how the disease is spread. Recognizing the uptick in severity of other diseases and not publicly recognizing and linking the possibility to the (hopefully temporary) immune dysfunction experienced by many after a covid infection is not good. It also led to accusations of harm from the vax. Same argument goes along with the increases in heart attacks and other vascular-related diseases.

Here’s the head of the us’s disease prevention agency’s 2 bullet list of how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. https://twitter.com/cdcdirector/stat...Mbjk5ElmdWLRnQ

Improving indoor air quality would do a lot to mitigate spread, acute illness, and long covid, even in places like restaurants and conference centers. This has been demonstrated and cdc has started conveying this info to the public.

But in a country where development of a home in a floodplain with a 1% chance of annually flooding is heavily restricted by the government and the insurance industry, the poor extent of information being shared and communicated by our government about the % chance of developing long covid after each infection sucks. People that want to “do the right thing” and follow the “gold standard” cdc guidance have very little awareness.
    I think I see the problem--you're getting all your info from twitter. For heaven's sake man, there is plenty on the cdc site about masking. Leaving it out of a tweet does not make her anti-mask. And how did floods get in here?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think I see the problem--you're getting all your info from twitter. For heaven's sake man, there is plenty on the cdc site about masking. Leaving it out of a tweet does not make her anti-mask. And how did floods get in here?
    Nah. I’m seeing the cdc director using Twitter as their means of press release and direct public communication. I also linked the cdc’s page describing the agency mission, the cdc webpage describing long covid, and the cdc’s page that describes wearing a mask.

I discussed flooding as a comparison of the government (and insurance industry) attention and regulation of a low probability/high consequence event compared to their apparent lack of attention and clear communication of risk regarding getting long covid, a higher probability and potentially higher consequence event.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Whenever I see wooley I think Beastie Boys.

She chased me out of class, she was strapped with a ruler
    Went to the bathroom, rolled myself a wooler
    With bottle in hand at the microphone stand
    Ay, yo, homeboy, what you drinkin', man?

Small sample size. Post spring break and Easter weekend. Wife is part time therapist in public schools for little kids. Therapy is usually both with a kid and a parent. Half of her families had covid this week. All are apparently vaxed and previously infected. And of course she had a direct exposure (family tested positive that afternoon).

She has to follow cal osha requirements for direct exposure, which includes testing and requires mask wearing for 10 days after exposure if you test negative.

Our closest sewershed is in Sacramento. Looking earlier this week, the current rolling average baseline is equal to the peak of the delta wave.

Recovery complete after breaking 3 weeks ago, returning from Europe via Houston (yeah, I blame Texas). Paxlovid kept it pretty minimal, but did get the post-Pax rebound, adding an extra 5 days. Only one bad night with fever and muscle ache. No lingering fatigue.

When I seen this thread I just remembered i got a booster today, no issues
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm several weeks after testing positive now, took me awhile to shake the last bits of lung junk out. First signs of infection were head-cold/sinus-type feels, followed by three nights of non-stop dry coughing, pure misery. After about 48 hours of symptoms, I took a test and it was negative. After 3 more days, I had a noticeable decrease in taste & everything smelled like ammonia. I took another test and right away the positive strip showed up. Took another, different brand of test to make sure, it also was glaringly positive. Had a low-grade fever for a solid week and general flu-like aches as well. Zero appetite.

I still struggle at altitude, tight chest and seemingly out of breath when the heart rate really gets going. Numbers always above 90 on pulse ox. I have a spirometer and have been using it regularly again to help monitor things; lung volume hasn't decreased at all based on my history but I feel it's helped me clear the lungs and maintain lung strength. I never got on the pax, didn't have motivation to leave the house for it, though I probably should have. My immune system is already fubar but I seem to have gotten (mostly) over this. I already have tinnitus but I did notice an increase in the decibal levels when I was sick; it has since gone back down to its regular, annoying levels.

I got the bivalent booster back in November, so roughly 4 months post-booster. I also had the original OG covid back in 2020, which was gnar. I sometimes wonder how bad this would have been if I didn't get that booster.

I think I dropped the ball by going out to eat several nights in a row because what a great season it's been. But on the other hand, it might have been my 15 minutes walking the aisles of walgreens looking for a specific SPF lipbalm that they usually carry but merchandise in several locations. What do people do when they are sick? They go to walgreens to buy medicine... I haven't worn a mask in over a year and a half.

/blog