Page 1333 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 ... LastLast
Results 33,301 to 33,325 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    FIL test results came back positive today. He's currently on supplemental O2. Not sure what his numbers were, but O2 has been of issue lately so it's not a precaution.

He did get the first vaccine dose Friday, but not soon enough to beat it out. Something like 70% of the nursing home has it and we knew it was a race to beat it out.

Fuck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Dude I can imagine the anxiety in your family right now. My parents are in the same race. Positive vibes sent your way.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

FIL test results came back positive today. He's currently on supplemental O2. Not sure what his numbers were, but O2 has been of issue lately so it's not a precaution.

He did get the first vaccine dose Friday, but not soon enough to beat it out. Something like 70% of the nursing home has it and we knew it was a race to beat it out.

Fuck.

Same FIL that had an ER trip recently?
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 01-13-2021 at 12:10 AM.

My mom is 93, and should probably be moved to a care facility. She already had a facility picked out. I am currently back here caring for her to keep her out of there.

Pastor from her church just called: 2/3 of the residents of that facility are dead of covid. I’m so glad my mom is not in there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My mom is 93, and should probably be moved to a care facility. She already had a facility picked out. I am currently back here caring for her to keep her out of there.

Pastor from her church just called: 2/3 of the residents of that facility are dead of covid. I’m so glad my mom is not in there.

Good son

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Glad you are there to keep her from overfeeding GG.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Same FIL that had an ER trip recently?
    The same. He's been fighting parkinson's for 25 years and is still surprisingly strong.

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

My FIL has been exposed 3 times now at the assisted living facility he lives in, had to quarantine for 2 weeks each time and he's been in the hospital 3 times too and keeps testing negative. The dementia keeps getting more intense and his frustration with not understanding why he keeps getting locked in is palpable. His docs said dont get the Pfizer shot and nobody is offering the Moderna shot so he will remain at risk for a while longer but the place said yesterday that if the residents don't have their first shot before the end of the month they either get isolated to their room or move out. This sux because we have no other option but can't fully isolate him either.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    My FIL has been exposed 3 times now at the assisted living facility he lives in, had to quarantine for 2 weeks each time and he's been in the hospital 3 times too and keeps testing negative. The dementia keeps getting more intense and his frustration with not understanding why he keeps getting locked in is palpable. His docs said dont get the Pfizer shot and nobody is offering the Moderna shot so he will remain at risk for a while longer but the place said yesterday that if the residents don't have their first shot before the end of the month they either get isolated to their room or move out. This sux because we have no other option but can't fully isolate him either.
    Why is the doc saying not to get the Pfizer shot?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

His docs said dont get the Pfizer shot and nobody is offering the Moderna shot so he will remain at risk for a while longer but the place said yesterday that if the residents don't have their first shot before the end of the month they either get isolated to their room or move out. This sux because we have no other option but can't fully isolate him either.
    Time to get a second opinion.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Holy fuck. Wow. Dodged a bullet for real.
    Where is "back here"?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Hey I just got back from sabbatical and have one question.

Can you bring back the tags?
    D

J and J vaccine (recombinant adenovirus that produces spike proteins) produces good antibody response in Phase 2 trial after a single dose. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034201
    The vaccine is already in phase 3 trials with enrollment complete and efficacy expected soon.
    Sounds like their also testing a 2 dose regimen.

Why is the doc saying not to get the Pfizer shot?
    He's allergic to one of the ingredients.

I’ve mentioned it before, but my wife’s rheumatologist told her to hold off and wait for a protein based vaccine as they are not yet sure how RNA vaccines are affecting people with compromised immune systems.
    She has also already had the virus last month so the thought is that she should ride out her immunity too. Thing is, she is a HCW, and could get a vaccine tomorrow if she wanted but her doc says hold off. Of course her PCP doc said go ahead and get it just to convolute the decision making even more. The a nurse we know said that people who have already had the virus are having worse reactions to the vaccine. Ugh.

BIL and both sisters scheduled for Moderna.

Sounds like GA is more than a bit of a shitshow, fingers x-ed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I’ve mentioned it before, but my wife’s rheumatologist told her to hold off and wait for a protein based vaccine as they are not yet sure how RNA vaccines are affecting people with compromised immune systems.
    She has also already had the virus last month so the thought is that she should ride out her immunity too. Thing is, she is a HCW, and could get a vaccine tomorrow if she wanted but her doc says hold off. Of course her PCP doc said go ahead and get it just to convolute the decision making even more.
    I really don't know what is going on with your wife's immune system, so I can't comment specifically. But the only people excluded from the studies were those with severe immunocompromise.

What does she do again?

The a nurse we know said that people who have already had the virus are having worse reactions to the vaccine. Ugh.
    Some are some aren't to the point where it is tough to say if it makes a difference at all because people have varied responses. Pure logic would suggest that it would be like the second shot side effects, slightly increased for some. But I know folks who had no significant rxn despite having had COVID.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The a nurse we know said that people who have already had the virus are having worse reactions to the vaccine. Ugh.
    So IANAE and this is pure conjecture, obviously, but...isn't this kind of predictable and indicative of people who've had the virus already having some immunity? Their bodies have already seen the spike, same as the people who've had one shot. Since reactions to the second shot are higher than the first, this all seems consistent with pre-existing immunity among the recovered. (Summit beat me to it)

Not to suggest doses should go unused, but it really seems like we should explicitly prioritize people who haven't had the disease. There is data showing comparable immunity levels from having the virus vs. the vaccines. Is there any data showing an increase in immunity from vaccinating people who've already had the virus? Unless/until we have that it seems like vaccinating recovered people is the most speculative (and maybe the least supportable) thing going.
    Last edited by jono; 01-14-2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: saw summit's response
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

The bigger question for immunocompromised people would be whether the vaccine will do them any good. Immunocompromised is a broad term, though, there are various kinds and degrees, so the answer would seem to be "it depends".

State health director in CA admits delay in vaccinations because of trying to fine tune the roll out:
    "State Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said earlier this week California’s emphasis on risk, exposure and equity in the distribution process “has led to some delays in getting vaccine out into our communities.”" From the Sac Bee.

That is a good and legitimate reason. Hopefully he can find a moderna vax soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Which one?
    I don't know. He's had severe reactions to several drugs over the years.

Since so many of you are super duper Pro-Lockdowns, what are your thoughts on Gov Cuomo's recent reversal on the matter? Serious question.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Texas trauma surgeon:

"Post-COVID lungs look worse than any type of terrible smoker's lung we've ever seen."
    Bankhead-Kendall, an assistant professor of surgery with Texas Tech University, in Lubbock, says patients who've had COVID-19 symptoms show a severe chest X-ray every time, and those who were asymptomatic show a severe chest X-ray 70 to 80% of the time.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/post-co...-surgeon-says/

edit: Be sure to click the link, there's pics of COVID lung x-rays, and they're gnarly.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 01-14-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Texas trauma surgeon:

"Post-COVID lungs look worse than any type of terrible smoker's lung we've ever seen."
    Bankhead-Kendall, an assistant professor of surgery with Texas Tech University, in Lubbock, says patients who've had COVID-19 symptoms show a severe chest X-ray every time, and those who were asymptomatic show a severe chest X-ray 70 to 80% of the time.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/post-co...-surgeon-says/
    how can an asymptomatic person have dense scarring in their lungs? doesn't compute.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    how can an asymptomatic person have dense scarring in their lungs? doesn't compute.
    Asymptomatic lung scarring has been consistently documented since the very beginning.