Page 1079 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... LastLast
Results 26,951 to 26,975 of 41810
    I used to have the shared attitude that if these people start to see their friends and loved ones get horribly sick and die, maybe they'll start changing their minds, but now i'm not so sure.

I do not understand the overall goal of the "leaders" of the re-open/anti-mask/it's-a-hoax folks. The main leader asshole in my area seems to be a pretty smart guy who is intentionally misleading people. He's tea party-esque with political aspirations. He intentionally provides bits and pieces of official information to his followers in a manner that intentionally misleads others. he is well aware of the HS basketball head coach that died of covid in April. his 2 HS kids are all multi-sport HS athletes at that school. his family may have personally known the coach. but, of course, his selfish nihilist rhetoric is that the coach died of a cardiac arrest (while in the ICU battling an infection from COVID19)....

old goat, i believe that sugarbowl is also under the jurisdiction of placer county.

Meanwhile in Boulder...

County Order issued this morning:

1. Gatherings of any size within the City of Boulder of anyone 18-22 years old is prohibited.

2. Outdoor exercise with a group in any form is prohibited for anyone 18-22.

AND
    3. also includes a Stay at Home order for specific addresses located in the Hill area.

The house addresses are listed on the county website. JFC!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BYU has had 1100 cases so far, that number will jump next week I bet. About the same amount of positives as CU, and same overall population.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post

I don't understand how it is legal to single out a specific age group and specific houses. Seems like if this was challenged in court they would prevail.

https://www.bouldercounty.org/famili...ied-properties

Edit to add the "36 specific off-campus properties that have been identified as either outbreak sites or posing an increased risk to the community, most being fraternities and sororities."

https://www.colorado.edu/chancellor/...ins-4-pm-today

Wow, that's pretty draconian.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    ...and no, Austin is not a troll
    Can confirm, Austin is not a troll.

He is a close personal friend of mine, who happens to post stupid shit on TGR and has political views that are 180 degrees different from mine. Despite our divergent political views, our friendship endures. He, and his wife, are people that I will be lifelong friends with. 2 great kids too.

I’ve skied a bunch with him. Fun guy. He has skied with many maggots over the years, and we have many funny stories to tell. Just avoid talking politics on the chairlift and you will have a friend for life.

So definitely not a troll. I wish he would quit posting stupid shit though.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    Meanwhile in Boulder...

County Order issued this morning:

1. Gatherings of any size within the City of Boulder of anyone 18-22 years old is prohibited.

2. Outdoor exercise with a group in any form is prohibited for anyone 18-22.

AND
    3. also includes a Stay at Home order for specific addresses located in the Hill area.

Good for them.

Quite mild compared to what they put Mary Mallon through.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Can confirm, Austin is not a troll.

He is a close personal friend of mine, who happens to post stupid shit on TGR and has political views that are 180 degrees different from mine. Despite our divergent political views, our friendship endures. He, and his wife, are people that I will be lifelong friends with. 2 great kids too.

I’ve skied a bunch with him. Fun guy. He has skied with many maggots over the years, and we have many funny stories to tell. Just avoid talking politics on the chairlift and you will have a friend for life.

So definitely not a troll. I wish he would quit posting stupid shit though.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Nah, he's a troll that doesn't listen and constantly tries to push incorrect information on others so he can validate his own worldview. He's a net negative who needs to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Nah, he's a troll that doesn't listen and constantly tries to push incorrect information on others so he can validate his own worldview. He's a net negative who needs to wake up.
    Yeah he should just get in line and not have any personal views. #delusional

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

So you have never met the guy and base your conclusions on TGR?

Mmmmkay.

Hate to break it to you but he IS Trolling you because he gets reactions.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

He may be a nice guy, and all that, but the rest of schuss post seems accurate. He is pushing out bad information, and advocating for actions that will make all this worse, not better. So, in the grand scheme of america ever emerging from this, he is a net negative influence.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I don't understand how it is legal to single out a specific age group and specific houses. Seems like if this was challenged in court they would prevail.

https://www.bouldercounty.org/famili...ied-properties

Edit to add the "36 specific off-campus properties that have been identified as either outbreak sites or posing an increased risk to the community, most being fraternities and sororities."

https://www.colorado.edu/chancellor/...ins-4-pm-today
    Quarantines of specific individuals and households have long been upheld by the courts in the interest of public safety, as long as the quarantine has some scientific basis. If That doesn't mean that a libertarian SCOTUS could change that, but IMO the conservatives on the court tend to favor government power over individual rights (and corporate rights over govt power--just like our founding fathers envisioned.)

Typhoid Mary spent the last 23 years of her life quarantined in a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's not about that. He's purposely obtuse on any number of things and browbeats others constantly. Any time you have clear info that disproves him, he either disappears or changes the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    So you have never met the guy and base your conclusions on TGR?

Mmmmkay.

Hate to break it to you but he IS Trolling you because he gets reactions.

Like I said - troll. I used to take the ignore/no reaction route until it was clear people like that ruined community discourse.
    If you spend your life purposely being obtuse to people you don't know, your make poor life choices.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Curious if anyone knows if other states are doing what WI is. I was reading data on testing and positivity rates here in WI and discovered that the State DHS does include anyone who has more than one negative test irregardless of the time between the tests. I had a negative test in August, if I were to develop symptoms ( I would never go in just for the heck of it) and had another test that was negative it would not be counted. It would show in the number of tests performed daily but not as a negative result. They also do not count two positives from the same person but that is another issue as a second positive is someone that has not recovered. Is this the accepted way to calculate positivity rate in other states?
    There's some discussion of different ways to measure the number of tests here: https://covidtracking.com/blog/counting-covid-19-tests
    That site also shows per-state results as well as the methodology (e.g. by person or by specimen), so you can flip through and compare: https://covidtracking.com/data
    I'll note that they give WI an A+ for their COVID data quality (CA gets a B).

Like I said - troll. I used to take the ignore/no reaction route until it was clear people like that ruined community discourse.
    If you spend your life purposely being obtuse to people you don't know, your make poor life choices.
    I 100% agree.

That said, he IS Trolling you because he gets reactions.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I 100% agree.

That said, he IS Trolling you because he gets reactions.
    Whatever. He's just giving the world more evidence of why he's a piece of crap. Doesn't bother me at all.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Some 35 year old twat I know from school is having a huge bachelorette party in Texass this weekend with like 20 girls flying in from all over the country and staying in one house. It blows my mind how people just roll the dice with this shit. How selfish a person are you to go ahead with plans like that? Didn’t anyone learn a thing from that horrific Maine wedding experience?

Yeah, we learned it is a SEP. It is somebody else's problem, it will never happen to me. As long as it's a SEP I don't have to worry about it,

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Some 35 year old twat I know from school is having a huge bachelorette party in Texass this weekend with like 20 girls flying in from all over the country and staying in one house. It blows my mind how people just roll the dice with this shit. How selfish a person are you to go ahead with plans like that? Didn’t anyone learn a thing from that horrific Maine wedding experience?
    Just wait until ski house parties start up all over the country for week long gatherings when the season starts. Merry Christmas!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so youve never met bro
    youve never met harry
    yet you know how fuckin woke and right you are and he aint?
    and you gleened all this from
    shit you read on the intertubez
    that seems to make you butthurt
    ive never met either of ya but
    harry is a pretty good judge of character
    and bunnychickenlittlesinwhateverhewears
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It's not about that. He's purposely obtuse on any number of things and browbeats others constantly. Any time you have clear info that disproves him, he either disappears or changes the subject.
    Sorry if it seems like I disappear sometimes. It's true I do but it's certainly not intentional. It's simply because I work 12+ hour shifts, often nights. By the time I log back in or catch things on a break when I'm lucky, we're already 20 pages into the future so I miss a LOT and don't have time to read through the 1000+ pages we're at now. Don't live on my computer like I used to. Sorry if I can't keep up or have time to rebut or argue the dozens of people who dogpile on me every time I say that goes against the TGR groupthink grain.

What have I said recently that's got you all in such a tizzy anyway? Haven't been trolling, although that WOULD be super easy with this crowd evidently. I just don't check all the boxes for your own personal seal of approval is all, so you get super triggered for some strange reason and go into attack mode. Go ski or get some apres beers with me someday and you'll see I'm not THAT bad of a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Sorry if it seems like I disappear sometimes. It's true I do but it's certainly not intentional. It's simply because I work 12+ hour shifts, often nights. By the time I log back in or catch things on a break when I'm lucky, we're already 20 pages into the future so I miss a LOT and don't have time to read through the 1000+ pages we're at now. Don't live on my computer like I used to. Sorry if I can't keep up or have time to rebut or argue the dozens of people who dogpile on me every time I say that goes against the TGR groupthink grain.

What have I said recently that's got you all in such a tizzy anyway? Haven't been trolling, although that WOULD be super easy with this crowd evidently. I just don't check all the boxes for your own personal seal of approval is all, so you get super triggered for some strange reason and go into attack mode. Go ski or get some apres beers with me someday and you'll see I'm not THAT bad of a guy.
    Amen...

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    That's what many here would prefer judging by the personal attacks and constant "I'm going to use ignore on you unless you agree with me" some us here receive all the time. Online behavior is so bizarre sometimes. Can't we all just get along? Even if we disagree. Even if we say things that are uncomfortable to each other. Even if we say things that are downright offensive to each other at times. Who cares? Don't take it so harshly. That said, one last ribbing for the day...

99% of TGR be like:

Have a great day, everyone.

For those of you with a WaPo subscription: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...outbreak-iowa/

We're so fuct.