Page 396 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 41810
    I just think it's going to be a challenge to get people to continue to self-isolate when they start seeing the death numbers and new cases start to go down drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    sorry if already observed, i know this site has been posted, but these charts are updated as data is updated: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ it's interesting (and sad) to observe (especially for states where the peak is sooner and the #'s all increase:
    It's been posted and makes a bunch of wild assumptions (like we continue to isolate well) so the numbers are very low vs likely reality

I think the game plan is as numbers start to come down, we start to ramp up testing and tracing contacts (like South Korea) to tamp down hot spots so can have a somewhat normal life until the vaccine or prophylactic treatment comes. Maybe seasonal variances help as well.

Some countries (Africa) will have no choice but to take it on the chin. It will be sad, and interesting, to see how it plays out there. Although it will be hard to get reliable data.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    On the bright side, guessing drunk driving deaths are down.
    Domestic abuse is probably up and may end up with increase in the divorce rate. More broken homes, more daughters with daddy issues = increase in the stripper population over the next decade?

Any studies or charts or colorful graphs?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Spare a thought for the burglars out there. With everybody staying at home, they must be having a difficult time making ends meet.

Florida is going to be interesting. It's already summer down there.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Domestic abuse is probably up and may end up with increase in the divorce rate. More broken homes, more daughters with daddy issues = increase in the stripper population over the next decade?

Strippers have been hit particularly hard by this. Luckily, with colleges all closed, they should have their tuition money to live off of.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What countries are still trying to take it on the chin? Sweden, Mexico? They have to reach herd immunity (lets say at least 60% infected) before they are through this. Approximately 1% of those 60% who are infected will be dead, in a short period of time, decimating their health care system, with ripple effects through all aspects of society. I don't think anyone will be envious of those countries 12-24 months down the road.
    Seriously. This way this situation is being presented as a choice between saving lives and saving the economy is absolutely false. Millions of Americans (and tens of millions more globally) dying in a few months will also cause the economy to crash spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Pounds forehead on desk.
    Thats one way to flatten the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    It's been posted and makes a bunch of wild assumptions (like we continue to isolate well) so the numbers are very low vs likely reality
    my point is that the models are changing with time, they seem to be parametrized/trained with observations. for instance, since sunday, FL's peaks have moved to sooner dates and the severities have increased. California's have done the opposite.

Fauci has nice fingernails.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What countries are still trying to take it on the chin? Sweden, Mexico? They have to reach herd immunity (lets say at least 60% infected) before they are through this. Approximately 1% of those 60% who are infected will be dead, in a short period of time, decimating their health care system, with ripple effects through all aspects of society. I don't think anyone will be envious of those countries 12-24 months down the road.

Here's the latest from Sweden:

https://twitter.com/cmhrrs/status/1244710002251763716
    Normalize for population and its largely the same graph.

The difference is in 3 months Sweden will be back to business and usual and the other Nordic countries will be fighting the 2nd, 3rd, 4th wave.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Strippers have been hit particularly hard by this. Luckily, with colleges all closed, they should have their tuition money to live off of.
    They may get fast tracked out of nursing school to the front lines.

do not know about the rest of that crap, but divorce rate will skyrocket following this. nothing to do but watch depressing news, reruns and are stressed about your job and money lasting thru it ? lots of couples will want to split following; it's not an event that brings you closer.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We’re back to my gi theory- can a person butt-chug covid and just have diarrhea and then get immunity without the risk of pneumonia

well, you may be on to something......

Coronavirus symptoms: Stomach pain may be only symptom for some confirmed cases of COVID-19

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...-covid-19.html

https://www.today.com/health/diarrhe...s-some-t177179

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...-symptoms.html

“Of course, we’re very focused on the lungs because that’s what can cause people to die. But this virus, if it gets into your saliva and you swallow it, can then enter the intestinal system.”

or not, who knows?

Sweden has a number of things going for it that may not apply elsewhere. Even before COVID-19 more than two thirds of Swedes worked from home at least some of the time, more than half of households are one resident only, and there's high trust in government so as the situation changes there's a reasonable expectation of people going along with a shift in policy. There's also generous sick leave and a culture of taking time off even when slightly ill.

And they are being asked to work from home whenever possible, to social distance, to restrict travel, and to stay home regardless when sick with the main difference being those things are voluntary which means in Sweden, those things are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I stopped at chart 3. come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    Spare a thought for the burglars out there. With everybody staying at home, they must be having a difficult time making ends meet.
    Don't worry, they're finding other outlets for their talents. For example:
    https://www.artsjournal.com/2020/03/...the-night.html

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I stopped at chart 3. come on man.
    A lot has changed in 13 days, eh? Doublin', doublin', doublin'....

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    On the bright side, guessing drunk driving deaths are down.
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    School shootings too.
    Somebody had to say it. I'm sort of amazed it wasn't Fox, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    well, you may be on to something......

Coronavirus symptoms: Stomach pain may be only symptom for some confirmed cases of COVID-19

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...-covid-19.html

https://www.today.com/health/diarrhe...s-some-t177179

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...-symptoms.html

“Of course, we’re very focused on the lungs because that’s what can cause people to die. But this virus, if it gets into your saliva and you swallow it, can then enter the intestinal system.”

or not, who knows?
    weeks from now when we are all going to a clinic (or maybe they'll be drive up service?) to have covid blown up our asses to save our lives remember you heard it from me first

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    weeks from now when we are all going to a clinic (or maybe they'll be drive up service?) to have covid blown up our asses to save our lives remember you heard it from me first

If you're ahead of the curve are you directly or indirectly flattening it?

For all those watching today's campaign rally, um, press conference, update, whatever. These are pictures from manhattan today or yesterday. Ironically, watching the hospital ship dock. The country's hotspot. Yeah, sure, two weeks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kirkpate/...87037879500807

https://mobile.twitter.com/gconnelie...30199155060738

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    do not know about the rest of that crap, but divorce rate will skyrocket following this. nothing to do but watch depressing news, reruns and are stressed about your job and money lasting thru it ? lots of couples will want to split following; it's not an event that brings you closer.
    #themound ?

That's called Winning��