Page 669 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The neighbors are horrified every time I mow my own lawn.
    do it naked, except for a skirt made of empty beer cans dangling around your waist held together by duct tape! And wear a 19th centur English explorer hat and a monocle! Then you're not trashy but excentric, like the truly rich.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Most sandbars prefer shorter periods. Not 7 seconds, but not 15 seconds either. 10-12 is the magic period for most sandbar waves. Of course, there are some that can rock out on the long period, but not sure how many hellmen here are paddling out at Puerto.
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    please tell every sandbar Ive ever surfed that they dont like long period swell. Any bathispheric shape that makes a good surfable wave will work better on long period swell. Deeper swell, more power what's not to like. I spent the first 25 years of my life surfing nothing but sandbars and cant think of a single one that worked better on 8 sec swell vs 15 sec. Maybe the shorebreak in Indiatlantic on a sponge lol

edit to add apologies for thread drift
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Silver Glen Springs in Florida from last weekend. They had stripper poles and bikini contests. Masks and social distancing? Haha its fucking Florida!!! More gstrings then the Philharmonic orchestra

To be fair I have partied there in precovid times circa late 90s. My buddy was a bouncer at Racheals and he always would put 2 to 6 strippers in the skiboat for the party. Never charged him gas or grass cause he brought the ass. That was the time to be alive (pre cellphone camera)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1588680390193.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	327417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1588681036074.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	327418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1588681029509.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	327419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1588681021639.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	327420
    Bunny Don't Surf

So many fat-fucks in those pics, why can’t ‘people’ maintain a healthy weight? I’ve been 150lbs since 1983.
    Dick Punches all around.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.57.22 AM.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	327421

And Yes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.50.10 AM.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	451.0 KB 
ID:	327422

Have fun arguing today, drink plenty of water and don't eat too many snacks.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Silver Glen Springs in Florida from last weekend. They had stripper poles and bikini contests. Masks and social distancing? Haha its fucking Florida!!! More gstrings then the Philharmonic orchestra

To be fair I have partied there in precovid times circa late 90s. My buddy was a bouncer at Racheals and he always would put 2 to 6 strippers in the skiboat for the party. Never charged him gas or grass cause he brought the ass. That was the time to be alive (pre cellphone camera)
    Hope they sanitize the stripper pole between users.

Has anyone here cancelled their kids out of summer camps?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haha, offering vibes in advance.

Younger daughter is supposed to be a camp counselor as her first job this summer. This is the camp where both daughters have gone since little. The camp where I went and was a counselor, blah, blah. She's hoping things go. I'm on the fence. She will be home every weekend and will bring back whatever she's exposed to.

my niece and nephew had theirs cancelled. niece was to go to first "overnight" camp and was despondent. ++vibes++

Time to open up.

Apparently the CDC COVID-19 website had been listing the UW IHME model up until yesterday when the revised estimates doubled the projected death toll. Suddenly, poof, no more references to the IHME anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Time to open up.
    ... and reach heard immunity before the fall.

Maybe we will have a ski season next winter after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    ... and reach heard immunity before the fall.

Maybe we will have a ski season next winter after all.
    Hope you're joking

Hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    ... and reach heard immunity
    I heard that’s not how it works.

https://ncase.me/covid-19/

Excellent use of simulations and attempts at plain language explanations. You can enter your assumptions on how to adjust time and degree of lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Cool. Good to hear real world experience.

My life experience is relationship sales.
    But yeah, opening new markets requires contact.
    I hadn't realized you were a male prostitute. No wonder you want to get back to work. Guy's got to make a livin'.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Herd immunity.

I heard immunity was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    So is what you're saying that cancer screening is unnecessary and part of the great Cancer Conspiracy to line the pockets of the medical e$tablis$hment?
    Benny just holds a grudge against anything medical. Probably didn't get a lolly after a shot when he was a kid. He takes conspiracy theories a whole other direction.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    please tell every sandbar Ive ever surfed that they dont like long period swell. Any bathispheric shape that makes a good surfable wave will work better on long period swell. Deeper swell, more power what's not to like. I spent the first 25 years of my life surfing nothing but sandbars and cant think of a single one that worked better on 8 sec swell vs 15 sec. Maybe the shorebreak in Indiatlantic on a sponge lol

edit to add apologies for thread drift
    Who said 8? No where did I say 8. Come on man, read before you take the bait.

Thanks for joining the drift.

Oh, and Moss Landing for one. It actually goes flatter the longer the period once you get over 14sec. Especially when it is a direct West. Long period swells interact with the off shore canyon walls and deplete the swell. Ideal period there is 12 seconds. Like and 8-10@12 from just a hair north of west. You ware welcome.

@T-U and hut: I think he's more saying that billions upon billions of dollars are spent on treatments that don't materially affect outcomes but which do increase suffering (i.e. the amount of time that patients remain alive while deathly ill and/or in pain but without hope). And asking, who does that benefit? It doesn't benefit the patients or their families, yet we do it routinely. Clearly there's reasons for that.

Certainly it's not all of the money that's spent on it, or perhaps even most. But it's sure as hell a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Who said 8? No where did I say 8. Come on man, read before you take the bait.

Thanks for joining the drift.

Oh, and Moss Landing for one. It actually goes flatter the longer the period once you get over 14sec. Especially when it is a direct West. Long period swells interact with the off shore canyon walls and deplete the swell. Ideal period there is 12 seconds. Like and 8-10@12 from just a hair north of west. You ware welcome.
    Stick to moss landing @ 12 seconds bud, which is long period swell anywhere else in the world, except in your head,

You. Are. Fucking. Spoiled.
    Bunny Don't Surf

The main reason all that money is spent is because that is what people want.

Gone (or mostly so) are the days of "Today is a good day to die" as seen in "Little Big Man". People want and demand care to the nth degree pretty much regardless of outcome. Of course we can always create death panels to decide who gets what care. Conservatives love that shit.

iscariot