Page 1244 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 ... LastLast
Results 31,076 to 31,100 of 41810
    Stop struggling. Tell your daughter to invite her friends to your house. Use all safety protocols. Smile lovingly and say nothing when she say's you are the meanest dad in the world. Hold your ground.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

I think it makes more sense this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    How dumb do you need to be to play football during this Covid shit?
    I like football and all but everytime I watch a game I think "really?" Oh well. It did suck not having March Madness.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    "Yeah, no. Sorry kid last week you proved that you may not make the right decision and wear a mask so if you want to do that you'll be staying there." We may be a little overbearing on this but we pretty much laid it on the line with our daughters but we don't want that layer of exposure, I'm particularly vulnerable and don't want to take the risk. Now that they've seen a few of their friends get sick I think they understand but I can't imagine being 21 and my parents telling me I have to be a hermit so it hurts.
    I sure hope you don’t plan on skiing this winter if you’re high risk. I also would encourage you to not leave the house, even to go to the grocery store. Covid is a very deadly virus that everyone should live in fear of because you don’t know who has it and who doesn’t. Nobody should be taking any unnecessary risks.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Who the fuck is this clown? Split kook 😈

JONG dumbass troll thinks there's a prize for making it onto Gary's ignore list?

That could be an interesting contest if there's a quirk--like who can make the list with the Least stupid post? Hockey dork not in the running.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yes but are people going to isolate? So they test positive but have no symptoms. We can't throw them in jail. They are stubborn and will do what they will do because yanno......
    Say, for argument's sake, 25% of the asymptomatics who quick test positive, do self-isolate, and that precludes them from spreading it to a few others around them, that would represent an exponential de-escalation of spread. It isn't an all or nothing proposition. Frankly, nay saying like you are engaging in, is not helpful to containment. The solution is available, but people are disregarding it in favor of the same kind of win-lose dichotomy that politicized the response to a public health emergency rather than addressing it rationally.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Say, for argument's sake, 25% of the asymptomatics who quick test positive, do self-isolate, and that precludes them from spreading it to a few others around them, that would represent an exponential de-escalation of spread. It isn't an all or nothing proposition. Frankly, nay saying like you are engaging in, is not helpful to containment. The solution is available, but people are disregarding it in favor of the same kind of win-lose dichotomy that politicized the response to a public health emergency rather than addressing it rationally.
    Good point, and that's how I am looking at mask compliance this ski season. I saw about 80% compliance at Big Sky this weekend, which I thought was pretty damn good, and rather than focus on the asshole 20% and getting pissed, I think about how much good the 80% are doing in stopping the potential escalation.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Considering all of the other things that can happen to one's body while playing pro football, I'd honestly say Covid19 is probably pretty low risk.

You want to pay me millions and set my family up for a few generations? I'd probably take that risk.
    Dude, you have no idea how 80% of those jocks you watch on any Sunday die poor and physically broken.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

But, when I look at the 20% (or whatever #) not wearing masks in places where they should wear a mask, I think, “you are the shithead that is going to get me and other sick.” For all we know, they are an asymptomatic/presymptomatic superspreader. Part of the 5% that account for 80% of the infections.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    But, when I look at the 20% (or whatever #) not wearing masks in places where they should wear a mask, I think, “you are the shithead that is going to get me and other sick.” For all we know, they are an asymptomatic/presymptomatic superspreader. Part of the 5% that account for 80% of the infections.
    Seems like if you aren’t going to wear a mask you are definitely going to be ignoring the guidelines around gathering with others. Most spread where I live is at social gatherings without precautions. Rational risk based response is to stay away from these people.

It like staying away from the driver drifting over the lane line. They are sending a signal, up to you if you want to listen to it.

This just in, a bit of it is 2nd hand but.

Was just heading out and my neighbor called (non-mag), he wanted to know if I was able to pick up some groceries, he and wife are sick and tested + for C19. She is a school teacher and has been in and out of classrooms for a couple of months.

Here is the bad news, he was exposed last April and tested positives for antibodies then for what he now thinks was a mild case in February.

Who knows except he did test + for antigens.

He and the wife have been pretty sick for the past 4 days and at home with an energetic 8 year old. Happy Thanksgiving Matt & Emily & Frank.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So anyone here had a chance to participate in one of the vaccine trails? I am being offered the Oxford one, which needs older folks like me. Good to do my part for science and have been assured possible side effects are minimal and short. If I get the placebo, I will still have done my part and will get the vaccine about a month later. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Agree. But focusing on that 20% is going to stress me out and ruin my ski day, and I decided after only a few days of lift-served that I was not going to do that. If I thought a lift line was a truly risky scenario, I would not ski at all this year, masks or no.

Quote of the weekend at Big Sky, from a lady with a Texas sounding accent who had just been told by a lifty to put her mask up, then says to her husband: "I only had it down for a second. They're SO STRICT about that." To which I thought, Good. BS social media posts state it pretty clearly: If you won't properly wear a mask, you will be asked to leave. 100% compliance ain't happening, but I thought they were doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Seems like if you aren’t going to wear a mask you are definitely going to be ignoring the guidelines around gathering with others. Most spread where I live is at social gatherings without precautions. Rational risk based response is to stay away from these people.

It like staying away from the driver drifting over the lane line. They are sending a signal, up to you if you want to listen to it.
    I’m not socially gathering. I’m talking about the clerks (and some customers) at the grocery store, hardware store, auto parts store, and the post office.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    So anyone here had a chance to participate in one of the vaccine trails? I am being offered the Oxford one, which needs older folks like me. Good to do my part for science and have been assured possible side effects are minimal and short. If I get the placebo, I will still have done my part and will get the vaccine about a month later. Thoughts?
    do it. I volunteered, unfortunately wasn't picked. Apparently they don't want hermits and troglodytes

Re: the Oxford trial, is it possible that the group that started with the half-dose had less side effects and thus were more cautious since they were less likely to think they were immune?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    I'd definitely do it (hint: I'm old too, give them my name!). Seems like win-win based on already released info.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Re: the Oxford trial, is it possible that the group that started with the half-dose had less side effects and thus were more cautious since they were less likely to think they were immune?
    Possible, doesn't seem likely. I guess that half dose was a mistake in filling the vials, not a planned part of the study. I wonder if anyone has come up with a plausible explanation, other than a statistical variation.

PM PureGravity

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Speaking of side effects, current flu nasal vax.... anybody else get one?

JONG dumbass troll thinks there's a prize for making it onto Gary's ignore list?

That could be an interesting contest if there's a quirk--like who can make the list with the Least stupid post? Hockey dork not in the running.
    Yeah, hockey man likely can't skate is certainly a JONG troll, and I shall never see the likes of his posts again.

My 90 year old grandma died from Covid yesterday. She was diagnosed on Friday and quickly took a turn for the worse. No family was allowed to be with her and there's really no way to have a funeral. Shit sucks.

Vibes, Kevo. What a shitty deal.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    My 90 year old grandma died from Covid yesterday. She was diagnosed on Friday and quickly took a turn for the worse. No family was allowed to be with her and there's really no way to have a funeral. Shit sucks.
    Dude man that is awful. Fuck covid. Vibes for you and your family.