Page 1602 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 ... LastLast
Results 40,026 to 40,050 of 41810
    I've never had any problem owning my own farts and anyone else's who cares to blame me.

it’s a real hit in a full funi car
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

At least during the pandemic the windows are supposed to be open.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Roll em up and HOT BOX that fart

Oh yeah, except that covid thing…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

So the Dutch Oven Gondo serves the best goods? Hard pass LOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The 12 y.o. brought covid home. He never had more than a sore throat and was fine in 36 hours. I'm on day 3 sinus junk, lung boogers and crushing fatigue and myalgia. He also gave it to grandma who is double boosted and already had covid twice. Did I mention it was my 40th birthday? Good times.

Guess I never updated, I had crushing fatigue for four days, like could barely get off the couch. Fever for a couple days and a sore throat, that was about it. Feeling almost 100% now but some lingering fatigue (11 days out from first symptoms). I'm having a hard time telling if the lingering fatigue is psychological from sitting around doing nothing for a week or if I still have some sickness going on. I'm thankful it wasn't worse.

The wife had cold/flu symptoms for like 4 days before testing positive, she still has a lot of fatigue and a brutal cough.

We are both vaxxed and boosted.

Told my boss a little over a week ago I wasn't ready to come in to the office and sit in conference rooms with 6-10 colleagues unmasked. He said no worries, WebEx is fine for now. He was sick Friday and cancelled all his meetings but tested negative. I told him he should test again over the weekend. Yesterday he tested positive and cancelled everything today as well. Vaxxed and boosted, hopefully he'll be good to go in a day or two. Pretty sure the plans for the team to start working in the office more often again are pushed back..

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The 12 y.o. brought covid home. He never had more than a sore throat and was fine in 36 hours. I'm on day 3 sinus junk, lung boogers and crushing fatigue and myalgia. He also gave it to grandma who is double boosted and already had covid twice. Did I mention it was my 40th birthday? Good times.
    I had it in January and felt like ass for two weeks….then just generally pathetic for a couple more weeks. Your grandma is Paxlovid eligible if under five days since onset. (Dosing based on renal function-no contraindicated other meds).

meh

not feeling good

music Friday and Saturday was good - skied Squaw Sat and Sun

picked up a cough Sunday but traveled to Mammoth anyway

felt really shitty Sunday night and Monday - cough, bad headache and body aches

just went to hot springs and for a walk yesterday and chilled in camp - felt a little better

slept shitty last night and woke up feeling shitty

I'm afraid I might have covid again - debating just going home

I’m told there’s a flu going around

I feel like shit

Mono County Public Health in Mammoth does rapid tests

and flu tests

COVID test is negative today - not sure what it will be tomorrow

flu test negative too

8 more “free” home tests available to order now for a third round: https://www.covid.gov/tests
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

they gave me 8 free tests on my way out the door

Got it from said 12 year old and DTM.
    Fun times. This is probably my third time. Had it back in March 2021, then most likely Delta August 2021 and now again after vax since June 2021.
    SO DUMB.
    you sketchy character, you

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I hope all infected feel better soon.

We had some funk go through our household of 5 last week. Lots of negative rapid antigen tests in the course of the week.

Just got back from chaperoning a middle school (6-8) camping trip. A few kids bailed on the trip due to positive COVID tests over the weekend (all symptomatic). This morning, one kid woke up felling crummy and their parent came and picked them up (we were staying at a campground near home - good call by the teachers!). We conducted rapid pcr tests on all the sick kid's tent mates with a cue health tester (really cool tool - a parent's work supplied to all employees with Cue Health testers -why don't all PCP have these?!), all tests negative. We then heard back from the parents of the sick kid that was picked up first thing this morning, they tested COVID positive via an antigen test.

So, after hearing that the sick-feeling child was Covid +, the teachers pulled the plug for the rest of the school trip (2 more days were planned). All parents were contacted to get their kids. We conducted and taught all the kids how to perform antigen tests (some have never done one before). All the other kids tested negative. 3 tests were sent home to each kid. Depending on how this goes today may have been their last day of in-class school for the year.

The teachers did a really great job at trying to make for a good end of the school year!
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 05-17-2022 at 04:32 PM.

as -whomper said,
    I hope all are feeling well, soon --

I am (very) worried for those who have had covid twice and more than twice ;
    at least three episodes of Influenza have left me lung damaged. and very cautious about covid.

I am working to maintain my resistance through vaccination, and continue to take Precautions to try to limit my exposure --

I offer my experience with Influenza as a cautionary tale -
    for those who believe covid is a mild cold or mild flu, lung tissue is delicate tissue - the loss of elasticity I have experienced through my last two episodes ( Influenza ) is noticable.

Please be careful...

Good luck ! skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I’m told there’s a flu going around

I feel like shit

Mono County Public Health in Mammoth does rapid tests

and flu tests

COVID test is negative today - not sure what it will be tomorrow

flu test negative too
    We’ve had some Flu A positive past week. Often early rapid tests will be negative for first 1-2 days of covid.

yeah I know

thanks

Prom was Saturday. Daughter wore a KN95 most of the time School tests everyone on Tuesdays. All the kids in my daughter's circle of friends who didn't wear masks are testing positive now. Daughter took a rapid test this morning to double check... and will check again tomorrow or Friday if any symptoms arise.

5 of the 28 kids on the camping trip are now positive. Between 10am yesterday and early this morning, 4 tested positive. At least 2 tested negative (antigen) at 10am yesterday and were positive by the afternoon/evening.

Very likely that none of this will be counted by the county because all at-home tests.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    5 of the 28 kids on the camping trip are now positive. Between 10am yesterday and early this morning, 4 tested positive. At least 2 tested negative (antigen) at 10am yesterday and were positive by the afternoon/evening.

Very likely that none of this will be counted by the county because all at-home tests.
    I'm guessing that kids were sharing tents?

Last year of our scouting career was done via individual backyard campouts with ZOOM campfire gatherings.. Lame but necessary. Watched our totally planned and approved Eagle Scout project crash and burn because a month before we were supposed to finish it COVID hit.. then pushed back, Unable to gain access to the property due to shutdowns. Then kid turned 18 and would have had to register as an adult, do the youth protection training, etc.. and might get to finish the project Thanksgiving or Christmas Break form college (basically painting lines on a parking lot and sidewalk at the local elementary school) IF Scouts BSA approved the extension. Turns out they didn't..

Oh well. He got in to engineering school anyway..

Good luck with the rest of the spring and summer outings

The kids that are testing positive at the moment were probably exposed last week or over the weekend, possibly at school and outside of school. Many kids were sleeping in tents together. The teachers had intentionally confirmed about sleeping arrangements with parents a few weeks ago. There’s a good likelihood that the teachers and aids (one is pregnant) were exposed last week, but the school and staff have a fairly strong emphasis on classroom ventilation. We also took a tour of a small indoor museum where none of the elderly dockets were wearing masks. In a small town/community with low vax rates with typical intertwined small town lives this could have a drastic effect. At two of the larger school districts in the area, there is still a gag order and on staff discussing covid with the students or families.

Too early to start a Monkeypox thread?

https://www.statnews.com/2022/05/17/...spread-in-u-k/

My understanding is that monkeypox is also spread through aerosol. An enforcing reason to improve indoor ventilation standards.

I think it would be easier to just shut everything down again.