Page 425 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Sorry whats a captain without a ship

Sent from ullr with love!

Who knows? Maybe he goes back to aviation and commands a flight wing? Maybe he becomes a strategic air planner? Maybe he commands a shore installation? His bio states a lot of flight experience and leadership in air assets. My point was, he will continue his Navy CAREER in some capacity, just, possibly, not in command of a aircraft carrier. There are a lot of people with the rank of "Captain" in the Navy who are not Commanding Officers of aircraft carriers.

Captain Brett E. Crozier
    Commanding Officer (June 2017 - November 2018)
    Captain Crozier, a native of Santa Rosa, California, graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1992 and was designated a Naval Aviator in 1994.

Following completion of flight training, he was assigned to HSL-37 in Barbers Point, Hawaii, as a SH-60B Seahawk pilot. He deployed on board USS Crommelin (FFG 37) and USS Fletcher (DD 992) in support of operations in the Pacific Ocean and Operation Southern Watch in the Arabian Gulf.

Captain Crozier then reported to Navy Personnel Command in 1999 as an aviation detailer and retention program manager. Following this tour, he completed an aircraft transition to the F/A-18 Hornet and in 2002 reported to VFA-97 in Lemoore, Calif. While assigned to the ‘Warhawks,’ he deployed with USS Nimitz (CVN 68) in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) in 2003.

In 2004, Captain Crozier reported to VFA-94 as a department head and deployed with the ‘Mighty Shrikes’ on board Nimitz in 2005 again in support of OIF. Captain Crozier was assigned to VFA-125 in 2006 and served as an instructor and FRS Operations Officer. Following this tour with the ‘Rough Raiders,’ he reported in 2007 to the Naval War College and earned a Master’s Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies.

In August 2010, Captain Crozier completed an assignment as the Commanding Officer of VFA-94 in Lemoore. During this tour, he led his squadron on successful expeditionary deployments with Marine Aircraft Group 12 based out of MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, in support of Pacific operations and the Global War on Terror.

Following command, Captain Crozier reported to Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO in Naples, Italy and served as the Lead Air Planner for Joint Task Force Odyssey Dawn and Combined Joint Task Force Deputy Director of Targeting for NATO’s Operation Unified Protector.

In April 2014, Captain Crozier completed the Naval Nuclear Power training program and served as the Executive Officer of USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) until July 2016. During this tour the Reagan took part in RIMPAC 2014, two maintenance availabilities, the forward deployment to Yokosuka, Japan to relieve the USS George Washington (CVN 73) as the Nation’s only forward deployed aircraft carrier, and several FDNF deployments in the PACOM AOR.

Captain Crozier assumed command of the USS Blue Ridge (LCC 19) in Yokosuka, Japan in June of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I agree with OG cuz my observation is that people (ma and pa and cousin jack) aren’t doffing correctly. I can see gloves for people that work in grocery being helpful because the very frequent hand washing or alcohol sanitizer plus this use of the spray sanitizer can wreck your hands compared to wearing gloves.
    We use to do a continuing ed where you put on a pair of gloves and then dipped them in some red latex paint, then tried to take them off without getting any paint on you.

It was very fucking difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    So how is his CAREER over?? He didn't lose his job - or his rank - in the Navy, ergo, he still has his career. His "career" is not "Commanding Officer of an Aircraft Carrier" - thats just one of a long list of jobs the guy has performed in the Navy. His career is "Naval Officer" - whatever the specific job might be. Still intact.

Plus, this
    No. His career is over. He will probably be out of the Navy in < 4 years.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This didn't end his career according to that stars & stripes article. He's not even losing his rank.

yep, just never getting another boat to command again....... no big deal for a line officer. maybe he can find a nice spot in the supply dept. somewheres.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    The professionals did the model. I was never involved in a model, but, at least this kind of model. Trump
    He DID say that...I thought so as I was watching....and couldn't fukkin believe it. He literally can't help himself...thinks it's TRUMP TV everynight, getting huuuge ratings...huuuuuuge I say.

None of you guys can handle the truth!

Do you think this is the only ship with Corona?

We’re fighting a war at home and you think now is the time for our military to all just take a break?

On the contrary. We are vulnerable as ever.

Why have a navy? Waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Someone needs to smack the top of the server. I can't post the daily tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Are you sure?

Last mtb injury I had in Whiz I was turned away from the ER unless I put down a CC. I said fuck it, taped it up and drove back to the states.
    Crabapple hits?

The professionals did the model. I was never involved in a model, but, at least this kind of model. Trump
    Would you be kind enough to provide the time intervals with his “greatest hits” so I don’t have to listen to him blather for 80+ min? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Would you be kind enough to provide the time intervals with his “greatest hits” so I don’t have to listen to him blather for 80+ min? TIA
    Start @ 1:48 for the model talk. Birx starts out then he jumps in around 1:48:40.

So how is his CAREER over?? He didn't lose his job - or his rank - in the Navy, ergo, he still has his career. His "career" is not "Commanding Officer of an Aircraft Carrier" - thats just one of a long list of jobs the guy has performed in the Navy. His career is "Naval Officer" - whatever the specific job might be. Still intact.

Plus, this
    I dunno man. I am re-watching The Wire and just started S2. They busted all those fools on a career case and the LT is down in Evidence room and McNuts is on a boat patrol.

He'll still have a job. Somewhere.
    You know why he may get a shit job? Cuz this world is upside down right now. Or more like the freaking dryer.

CAPT Crozier will not become an admiral because of this. "Up or Out" means you get passed over twice for promotion and you are forced to retire. This was a career limiting move. But he has his 20 years in... 28 actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Retirement on a Navy pension won't be so bad of a life in the new depression.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Crabapple hits?
    Probably on Tin Pants

But at least he can sleep at night, and that is priceless. Bars be damned. Or stars or little boat pins. I honestly can't recall.

Start @ 1:48 for the model talk. Birx starts out then he jumps in around 1:48:40.
    Pence doesn't even blink on the model comments. Just perfectly stone faced like a good christian soldier.

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/
    Mobility reports gives a little insight to levels of people moving around or staying put.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Retirement on a Navy pension won't be so bad of a life in the new depression.
    His pension is probably around 100K.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Carrier captain doesn't get into that job without knowing exactly what he's doing every minute of the day, it's baked into their DNA. And he knew that he was spiking his career with that letter. He sacrificed himself for that crew.

The cheeto in charge is losing the military.

You have to wonder about those boats they deployed out in the Caribbean to, yuk yuk, fight the drug war, but, really, to help overthrow Maduro. How tragic that they all get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    None of you guys can handle the truth!

Do you think this is the only ship with Corona?

We’re fighting a war at home and you think now is the time for our military to all just take a break?

On the contrary. We are vulnerable as ever.

Why have a navy? Waste of money.
    We're not in a hot war as far as a carrier is concerned. If we were I agree that he'd soldier on, but we're not. In this situation he did the right thing.

This countries hard on for carriers makes me laugh. In a shooting war they are sunk first thing by any country that can defend itself. Shit, probably even N Korea could sink them.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Can anyone with real knowledge comment?
    From a conference call yesterday with Dr. James Adams, professor of pharmacology at USC, the virus reproduces by attaching to ACE2 receptors in the lungs.

The virus replicates itself inside the affected lung cell, thereby killing the individual lung cell. The dead cell then explodes, releasing many more new copies of the virus.

That's a rough description, but the take-away is that without ACE2 receptors, the corona virus is not going to replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    This countries hard on for carriers makes me laugh. In a shooting war they are sunk first thing by any country that can defend itself. Shit, probably even N Korea could sink them.
    Yeah, we've been in a shooting war for 20 years and the carrier losses have been horrendous.