Page 424 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    He knew exactly what he should and shouldn't be doing as far as protocol goes. He was prepared for the consequences. May not have a job but now has 3,000 brothers and sisters in his family.
    He didn't lose his job and he's not even gonna lose his rank. Just being reassigned.

Hospitals losing money, how much money is this aircraft carrier loosing per day when laid up and not in duty.

Sent from ullr with love!

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Are you sure?

Last mtb injury I had in Whiz I was turned away from the ER unless I put down a CC. I said fuck it, taped it up and drove back to the states.
    There are nuances to publicly funded care for non-BC residents. If you visited the whistler care clinic (not a true hospital, but part of public Vancouver Coastal Health) with an unstable injury, they would treat regardless of ability to pay, or at least stabilize for transport to Vancouver somewhere. Going in with a sprain or requiring other non-emergency care would result in payment request up front.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    There are nuances to publicly funded care for non-BC residents. If you visited the whistler care clinic (not a true hospital, but part of public Vancouver Coastal Health) with an unstable injury, they would treat regardless of ability to pay, or at least stabilize for transport to Vancouver somewhere. Going in with a sprain or requiring other non-emergency care would result in payment request up front.
    Makes sense, I thought it was because I used to have non-resident health insurance up there but after leaving BC let it lapse.

Not sure where 14 stitches on your Mellon fall on that scale, but it certainly wasn't critical, although the Border Patrol laughed at me.

Are you sure?

Last mtb injury I had in Whiz I was turned away from the ER unless I put down a CC. I said fuck it, taped it up and drove back to the states.
    maybe you didnt look ghetto enough ?

ex-wife was an admiting clerk at surrey memorial 12km form the border, she said they never turned people away who were obviously from America or India
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    How is any of this political? It’s the military. They have regulations, a chain of command.

Its you, and the rest of deranged zombies who tie everything you can to Trump.

Please tell me how Trump is responsible for corona on that ship? Or how a captain trusted with the prized possession of any military, In any era, should not put in shackles for this?

What did they say, more men in space than captained an aircraft carrier?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You are a cunt

The chain of command failed and the captain ended his career to save his sailors

Go fuck yourself

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    The chain of command failed and the captain ended his career to save his sailors
    This seems abundantly apparent, is this not obvious?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The send off for Captain Brett Crozier:

https://twitter.com/The_UnSilent_/st...42796714147840

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This seems abundantly apparent, is this not obvious?
    No, apparently Cono believes he should have been hauled off in shackles.

Ok, science-y types, of which I know there are a few, I have a question about what we know so far:

How do you catch the covfefe? I know that inhaling droplets is one way for certain. We also keep being told to wash our hands like crazy and not touch our faces, and that the virus can last for X amount of time on this surface or that surface. Got all that.

But I also recall reading (in the context of how safe delivery is) that they haven't documented any cases of transmission from a surface to a person, and that all the precautions we take when we bring in delivery of food or groceries or an amazon package are done in an abundance of caution. But the actual risk is very low there, because this is a virus that seems to be contracted by inhalation.

But people also continue to harp on the frequent hand washing and the no touching your face, which of course are good practices anyway, but wouldn't need to be strategy #1 in combating this virus if the above paragraph was true.

Can anyone with real knowledge comment?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    No, apparently Cono believes he should have been hauled off in shackles.
    well, to be fair, the two ideas are not inherently contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    maybe you didnt look ghetto enough ?

ex-wife was an admiting clerk at surrey memorial 12km form the border, she said they never turned people away who were obviously from America or India
    The best is when Americans show up to Canadian hospitals because they heard "healthcare is free there" - like they saved up their health issue until they got across the border. Then they are confused when they have to put down a credit card (unless it's life or death emergency which is a different story)

This didn't end his career according to that stars & stripes article. He's not even losing his rank.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Hospitals losing money, how much money is this aircraft carrier loosing per day when laid up and not in duty.

I didnt know aircraft carriers were supposed to make money.

You are a cunt

Go fuck yourself

That is how I read it. Cheetolini got the guy shit canned. Now I read the below. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    This didn't end his career according to that stars & stripes article. He's not even losing his rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ok, science-y types, of which I know there are a few, I have a question about what we know so far:

How do you catch the covfefe? I know that inhaling droplets is one way for certain. We also keep being told to wash our hands like crazy and not touch our faces, and that the virus can last for X amount of time on this surface or that surface. Got all that.

But I also recall reading (in the context of how safe delivery is) that they haven't documented any cases of transmission from a surface to a person, and that all the precautions we take when we bring in delivery of food or groceries or an amazon package are done in an abundance of caution. But the actual risk is very low there, because this is a virus that seems to be contracted by inhalation.

But people also continue to harp on the frequent hand washing and the no touching your face, which of course are good practices anyway, but wouldn't need to be strategy #1 in combating this virus if the above paragraph was true.

Can anyone with real knowledge comment?
    You either inhale the virus from the air, from coughing, sneezing, or just talking; or after someone does one of the above the virus winds up on a surface, you touch the surface, then touch close enough to your mouth or nose for the virus gets in. In theory. I don't believe anyone actually knows the actual risk of these kinds of transmission, how much of a dose of virus is needed to cause an infection. how much virus is transferred from hand to package to recipient to lungs, etc. Lot's of positive cases are in people with no known exposure to an infected individual so it is reasonable to assume that transfer via surfaces can occur and that protecting yourself from such exposure is reasonable. OTOH health care workers have been infected after using full PPE. It is a very transmissible virus and all precautions are reasonable. One thing I don't get, gloves. You put gloves on now the gloves are contaminated. You take the gloves off your hands are contaminated, you still have to wash. It's one thing to wear gloves in a controlled sterile environment like an OR or a semi-sterile environment like an ER, but I don't know how much good they do in a civilian environment where everything is potentially contaminated. I don't think groceries shelved by gloved hands are any safer than those shelved by washed hands. As soon as the hands are washed or gloved they are quickly contaminated again.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One thing I don't get, gloves. You put gloves on now the gloves are contaminated. You take the gloves off your hands are contaminated, you still have to wash. It's one thing to wear gloves in a controlled sterile environment like an OR or a semi-sterile environment like an ER, but I don't know how much good they do in a civilian environment
    How are your hand contaminated after you take gloves off? If you know the proper way to "doff" PPE your hands stay clean. Thats like, kind of the whole point of gloves

He may not be losing his rank, but his career is most definitely over. That's the way it is in the military - one black mark and you are done. He will end up with some shit role and never command a vessel again.

Makes sense, I thought it was because I used to have non-resident health insurance up there but after leaving BC let it lapse.

Not sure where 14 stitches on your Mellon fall on that scale, but it certainly wasn't critical, although the Border Patrol laughed at me.
    Your melon is definitely not critical as is apparent from your posts.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Chinese Rat Flu

How are your hand contaminated after you take gloves off? If you know the proper way to "doff" PPE your hands stay clean. Thats like, kind of the whole point of gloves
    I agree with OG cuz my observation is that people (ma and pa and cousin jack) aren’t doffing correctly. I can see gloves for people that work in grocery being helpful because the very frequent hand washing or alcohol sanitizer plus this use of the spray sanitizer can wreck your hands compared to wearing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Use of vader mask seems highly recommended for reminding others to keep an anti-social distance from you. Appearance is key. I'd black out the tape a little so it looks like a Halloween mask from a distance and anyone close enough to see bright tape colors coming through will know they're dealing with a home-made mask wearer. Set off their spidey sense.

My first thought was coffee filters and I noticed I wasn't alone so just FYI, coffee filters probably aren't very effective: they allow particles through that are 100x larger than the virus and aren't very "fluffy" which means poor ratio of air flow to opportunistic particle capture (IOW a higher flow material at the same pore size might be better since you could use more layers). Filter efficiency is a spectrum, so most types will catch at least some particles that are smaller than their largest pore. To put a finer point on it, mofro has stated they are using 0.2 micrometer filters with the virus, which is about 0.125 (plus moisture if it's in a droplet, which can be huge). n95 masks are only tested down to 0.3, but are still pretty effective going a little smaller--just probably not 95%. But I would only use coffee filters as a pre-filter if you're trying to protect an n95 (or better) from clogging with large dust particles (nice for volcanic ash). This is not definitive; take the ramblings of some random goon on the internet FWIW etc. But please use dual GoPros and post footy.

Good info thanks. I mentioned coffee filter because he said readily available and disposable. And I’ve been out of paper towels for a month.

I’m making masks for myself for grocery trips made of cloth though. I read an article this morning comparing types of shirt materials but I lost track of it. Obv more layers the better. But I recall it said woven far superior to knit. Therefore tshirt isn’t the best an definitely not just one layer. I would think this would mean most buffs aren’t going to do a ton of good. Still way better than nothing imho.

Here’s an article for med people in an N95 crunch.
    https://www.childrenshospital.org/re...ion-fellowship

Tweed Roosevelt, grandson of the ship's namesake, Theodore Roosevelt, calls Captain Crozier a hero and says his grandfather would do, and did do, the exact same thing.

Rep. Seth Moulton, D-Mass. an Iraq war veteran and member of the House Armed Services Committee, said, "I learned on my first day in the Marines that having the courage to speak truth to power is grounds for respect not grounds for relief. This is far from the first time in the last several years that Congress is going to have a lot of questions for Navy leadership—on leadership."

And Joe Biden added, "Donald Trump's Acting Navy Secretary shot the messenger — a commanding officer who was faithful to both his national security mission and his duty to care for his sailors, and who rightly focused attention on a broader concern about how to maintain military readiness during this pandemic."

Sounds like the Captain has made a lot of powerful friends who are going to make sure he doesn't lose his career.

The professionals did the model. I was never involved in a model, but, at least this kind of model. Trump
    Last edited by SKIP IN7RO; 04-03-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    He may not be losing his rank, but his career is most definitely over. That's the way it is in the military - one black mark and you are done. He will end up with some shit role and never command a vessel again.
    So how is his CAREER over?? He didn't lose his job - or his rank - in the Navy, ergo, he still has his career. His "career" is not "Commanding Officer of an Aircraft Carrier" - thats just one of a long list of jobs the guy has performed in the Navy. His career is "Naval Officer" - whatever the specific job might be. Still intact.

Plus, this
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Sounds like the Captain has made a lot of powerful friends who are going to make sure he doesn't lose his career.

Sorry whats a captain without a ship