Page 890 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 ... LastLast
Results 22,226 to 22,250 of 41810
    Well, if Steepe is here saying one thing, believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    CNN like usual greatly oversimplifies things which potentially leads people to incorrect conclusions.
    Read https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...-our-ignorance

And in general I highly recommend Derek Lowe's blog for Coronavirus coverage. IMHO the best relatively accessible coverage there is on the subject.
    A link there went to a Q&A where I found this insight: One “arm,” Ooi explained, prevents a coronavirus infection by teaching the body to recognize the virus. The other kills off infected cells, preventing the illness from spreading within the body.

This morning marks exactly one week since I was vaccinated. In the short amount of time I had to download and digest what the science guy who did my vax told me, that was one thing (two, actually) he said the vax would do - essentially teaching and firing my immune system to recognize the invaders and then to kill them. I do a booster in a week, then I'll give that a little time and go get an antibody test to confirm it all.

Lego - give me a call sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Hey now, treatments are improving and the death rate per infection seems to be falling. Also, quite a few countries have demonstrated a high level of epidemic control. Even places where corona raged have drastically reduced spread. Italy reported 208 cases yesterday. China reported 25.

The negativity may be due to this country's focus on hope and prayer, while better solutions are known and demonstrated. I'd rather see the virus gone than some minor reduction in lethality. Reducing prevalence by 90% over a few weeks produces much faster and better results than waiting months hoping the virus becomes 10% less deadly.
    Quoting that fool certainly doesn't make you look any smarter, no matter how intelligent your information.

It’s funny the media keeps parrroting the virus mutated and is less dangerous

As opposed to sunshine, vitamin D, and fresh air and exercise works every time to minimize winter flu.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So true

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Kayne's an attention whore with another shitty new CD coming out.

Fixed it

Such a paradigm for these times. Florida man loses his shit when asked to wear a mask at Costco. #roidrage #dontcallmechad #ifeelthreatened #yourefired
    https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/stat...613398017?s=20

Fucker lost his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

As opposed to sunshine, vitamin D, and fresh air and exercise works every time to minimize winter flu.
    how’s that working out in the “Sunshine State”?

<snicker>

Are there any current promising treatment trials going on that may give us some better treatments come fall?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Quoting that fool certainly doesn't make you look any smarter, no matter how intelligent your information.
    Sorry. I hope to reach a few people. Personality flaw, I'll work on it.

I do enjoy your insightful memes and often copy them. Maybe that makes you feel better.

“steep the sadtroll” is not reachable. By design. Best to not even respond. Ignore function is helpful.

Save your breath for people who are looking for answers or discussion. Steep is here to provoke to get attention. Big difference.

I just repeated a common theme/belief most of us hold.
    I have no emotional attachment to the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Sorry. I hope to reach a few people. Personality flaw, I'll work on it.

It’s been said before but’s worth repeating: if you want to respond to idiotrolls like steep and jgb, just don’t use the quote function. If you post ‘hey steep you clown, read this link’ the people that have him on ignore will just briefly see that and move on.

Breaking news. Ghislaine Maxwell tests positive for COVID 19. No ventilators available. Panic ensues.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are there any current promising treatment trials going on that may give us some better treatments come fall?
    The Regeron antibody cocktail is moving into Phase 3 for prophylactic immunity and phase 2/3 for treatment. https://investor.regeneron.com/news-...-19-prevention

Of course any antibody production is going to be pretty complicated to scale-up cheaply seeing as most all therapeutic antibodies to this point are really expensive cancer drugs. If this (or any of the other neutralizing antibodies) works, the only people who will ever get it are HCPs in covid wards and the patients in those wards so it won't have much of an effect on letting the world "return to normal", just less people will outright die.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Breaking news. Ghislaine Maxwell tests positive for COVID 19. No ventilators available. Panic ensues.
    Your breaking news came out July 6. It was quickly shown to be a Facebook hoax. The giveaway: the supposed BBC article was dated July 11 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Your breaking news came out July 6. It was quickly shown to be a Facebook hoax. The giveaway: the supposed BBC article was dated July 11 lol.
    She’s already dead, they’re just working on the “how she died” part of the story.

And creamated.

And creamated.
    with heavy or sour?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

News is she'll be buried next to Tanner.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    The Regeron antibody cocktail is moving into Phase 3 for prophylactic immunity and phase 2/3 for treatment. https://investor.regeneron.com/news-...-19-prevention

Of course any antibody production is going to be pretty complicated to scale-up cheaply seeing as most all therapeutic antibodies to this point are really expensive cancer drugs. If this (or any of the other neutralizing antibodies) works, the only people who will ever get it are HCPs in covid wards and the patients in those wards so it won't have much of an effect on letting the world "return to normal", just less people will outright die.
    Not disputing their intent to use this prophylactically, but GLWT. Three week half life if it's good, infusion required. Best case it would be given to a fraction of high-risk health care pros.

Treatment however is promising (and exciting IMHO). For those taking notes, it's a treatment and not an immunization. Think acute care.

Just another data point, heard approximately third-hand (with the obligatory "don't tell anybody")... Extended (not close) family member, veterinary clinic employee, fellow employee was coughing and started getting feverish so he went home, lots of other employees got tested but no one really knows what each others' results are, person related to me asymptomatic but tested positive, her sick leave which doesn't roll over just reset July 1 so basically she has zero sick leave even though she has sick leave benefits, so she's continuing to work, also justifying decision because clinic is short-staffed and she wants to be there to support fellow employees, oh, and clinic owner just had to fly out of town for a few days. And this whole scenario that I just heard about probably isn't uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61211859.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	334031
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.