Page 1549 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 ... LastLast
Results 38,701 to 38,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Follow the money
    Indeed! I paid big booster cash to that theater department and have tickets to both Friday and Saturday performances next week. They'd better not cancel it. KIDDING.. This is a lot easier to postone and reschedule than the National Championship game. Can you imagine all the ticket money and hospitality industry shitshow if they tried to halt it over a dozen asymptomatic or mildly sick but positive players? That's probably the reality though that no way all 400 + of those folks (just remembered scout teams too) were 100% COVID free LOL!

Now if there are ZERO positive COVID players or staff the week before The Superbowl?? Anybody going to wager on the odds of that happening or being true but covered up and they play anyway?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

With rapid testing, are people swabbing the back of their throats and their nose?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    With rapid testing, are people swabbing the back of their throats and their nose?
    Depends on the results they are looking for..

It looks like Omicron is more contagious so more people will get omicron but its suposedly its less deadly,

but people are still dying so because more people get it will the death totals be a wash ?

it seems like when the news mentions how many people died the figures havent changed at all

Worldometer death total for USA is already up to 872k, once it got past 800k the figures seems to be climbing much faster?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Depends on the results they are looking for..
    Personally, I want to know if I’m having typical allergies for the current wx pattern or have covid. I’m working my first responder job at the ski hill tomorrow.

The "Ler's go Brandon" of the intelligent is "What a Moron". Thinking about making up some T shirts, but should I spell it Moran instead?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The "Ler's go Brandon" of the intelligent is "What a Moron". Thinking about making up some T shirts, but should I spell it Moran instead?
    Name:  il_794xN.3553823710_y578.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  145.8 KB

Personally, I want to know if I’m having typical allergies for the current wx pattern or have covid. I’m working my first responder job at the ski hill tomorrow.
    Oh apologies, I though you were commenting on my post about folks NOT wanting to know. Honestly, nothing official but ya folks are thinking that throat is better to detect omicron,, wonder if anything official will change about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Welcome to 10 years ago?
    <bunny with pancake hat>

I think many have reached the DGAF point where the thinking is "well most if us are vaccinated and those who aren't had their chance so we're going to get back to living our lives a little more".

What do I mean by that? Look at the college bowl game playoffs and national championship game.. The payoff games were two giant stadiums filled with 100K fans, students, players, staff, trainers,etc. Only the some of the trainers and a handful of fans were wearing masks. So, the two winning teams there have approx 10 more days to prepare for the championship game. College kids off a huge historic school win having the best time of their lives...

Anyone else think it's odd that following those playoff game events and leading up to the championship we don't hear about a SINGLE player, coach, trainer, etc testing positive on either of those two final teams??? Nobody was unable to make the championship game due to COVID?? There no way in hell they were testing anyone if NOBODY tested positive all though the days and minutes between the playoff games Dec 31st and kickoff January 10th.

Why isn't anyone even asking if that seems strange??

Now, first hand up close experience. Daughter is a high school senior active in her theater department. They are being very careful, wearing masks at all times in rehearsals leading up to their big performances next weekend.. They all took PCR tests last weekend because a few tested positive the previous week. But, not nearly as much scrutiny as the performance dates get closer.. Hoping ignorance is bliss? If people go out of their way to test and some of those come back positive a literal showstopper. Instead they seem OK with pressing on without knowing for sure everyone's status hoping the vaccines (all documented as fully bosted) will be good enough to just roll on. If others outside of their group aren't vaxxed?? Oh well??

I'm sure some may have COVID exposure in their home or other circles this week. but nobody's going out of their way to get tested without being formally asked to test at this point. All these kids are thinking.. "I'm not going to be the one to go get tested and shut the whole thing down unless I'm absolutely certain I'm sick and spreading it". Again all wearing KN95 masks they feel that's good enough now..

Anybody else getting that vibe from their kids' schools, work, bridge club, etc??
    Let's briñg it closer to home. Just spent five days at Mammoth. Three unmasked crowded bars for happy hour (so absurd to have to enter and exit with a mask on) and nobody masking on the gondola. This thing is over, like it or not.

SJG, is covid the only thing that you think about? Don't you have kids, or a wife to go down on?

Jesus christ you are pathetic.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

A nice piece in the NYT arguing that CDC and FDA have been using a medical standard (first do no harm, only the welfare of the individual patient matters) when they should be using an epidemiological standard (the greatest good for the greatest number). I have felt this all along. Piece was written by an MD.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/o...d-america.html
    Good article. I think that premise applies very widely. The evidence for first shots first was another example: not super strong at first, but what there was clearly favored the Canadian approach. Yet the US approach was called "following the science" because the familiar part of the (many applicable) sciences favored an approach that felt conservative when measured against normal background risk--which didn't exist.

Similarly, there's a standing fear of paying people to take a vaccine or "volunteer" to participate in a test. But per the author: "People need to be persuaded or incentivized to vaccinate to protect others." So why not compensate them for acting to help society at some small but non-zero risk to themselves?* It would be cheaper to buy vaccinated-person-days directly than keep paying hospital bills.

*obviously the risks are smaller to get vaccinated than not at the moment, but plenty of people are convinced otherwise even for COVID, see: Joe Rogan etc.

I have an honest question here. Omnicron spreads just as easily, vaccinated or not. ThatÂ’s basically a fact (IÂ’m pretty sure delta did too, as IÂ’ve mentioned here before but not pertinent) Older people and unhealthy people greatly benefitted from the Vaccine. Kids and young healthy people the jury is still out. The big reason for the young demographic To get vaccinated was to stop the spread ie not give it to grandma. Remember everybody gets tested for covid at the hospital, so a 10 yr old that breaks his arm and is hospitalized and tests positive is a covid hospitalization. So of course there a higher number of kids hospitalized as covid is surging. The life stages of a corona virus start deadly and each version gets more contagious and less deadly. The question is if omnicron is end of the deadly part of the pandemic (it will always be around like the flu)and everybody is getting it, will we keep vaxxing and boosting? Or it wonÂ’t really matter because we have reached herd immunity through infection? Just like the Spanish flu. I just wonder if people will be able to go back to normal living

Overview of Covid hospitalization, current. Hope no one needs this info.

This doc runs a continuing education business. Some of his videos are targeted to other docs. Some, like this one, are understandable by mere mortals.

SJG, is covid the only thing that you think about? Don't you have kids, or a wife to go down on?

It’s sad really. I feel really bad for his wife and kids. This kind of fear is super unhealthy. Perpetrating this onto his wife, let alone his kid should be considered abuse.

It's not like this is the most disruptive thing to happen in our lives ever. Oh wait! Ya, guilty as charged, but I do still get laid regularly. Thanks for asking.

I'm sorry if you don't want to hear about what's happening in the real world, or at least as much on this forum. I recommend you find another thread to whine about me in if you don't want to see me or anyone else bitching about the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I have an honest question here. Omnicron spreads just as easily, vaccinated or not. ThatÂ’s basically a fact (IÂ’m pretty sure delta did too, as IÂ’ve mentioned here before but not pertinent) Older people and unhealthy people greatly benefitted from the Vaccine. Kids and young healthy people the jury is still out. The big reason for the young demographic To get vaccinated was to stop the spread ie not give it to grandma. Remember everybody gets tested for covid at the hospital, so a 10 yr old that breaks his arm and is hospitalized and tests positive is a covid hospitalization. So of course there a higher number of kids hospitalized as covid is surging. The life stages of a corona virus start deadly and each version gets more contagious and less deadly. The question is if omnicron is end of the deadly part of the pandemic (it will always be around like the flu)and everybody is getting it, will we keep vaxxing and boosting? Or it wonÂ’t really matter because we have reached herd immunity through infection? Just like the Spanish flu. I just wonder if people will be able to go back to normal living
    You sound like you have a good handle on all this stuff.

Vaccinated people are less likely to spread omicron because even though they have similar viral loads to unvaccinated/prior infected they have lower infectious viral load(non viable virus). Delta was worse than previous variants. We vaccinate for influenza every year. Younger people, under 50-60 years old benefited from vaccination. Unless your symptomatic you’re not a Covid hospitalization if you test positive. Hopefully omicron is the end of this but that’s really uncertain.

It appears that everything elaborated in the quoted post is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's not like this is the most disruptive thing to happen in our lives ever. Oh wait! Ya, guilty as charged, but I do still get laid regularly. Thanks for asking.

I'm sorry if you don't want to hear about what's happening in the real world, or at least as much on this forum. I recommend you find another thread to whine about me in if you don't want to see me or anyone else bitching about the pandemic.
    Dude, what "real world" are you talking about? If you're so fearful, how do you know what's really happening day to day "out there"? I've been out there, in crowded bars and airplanes and movie theaters and malls. I'm not stumbling over bodies. Life is proceeding. But the megaphones are still operated by the hypochondriacs and the introverts, and profit is being made at all the media outlets fueling the fear. You gotta get over it. There will always be killer diseases out there. I had hepatitis once from a bad meal that almost killed me. But, life went on.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Always good to sprinkle a fact or two into a long post full of opinion and mistruths.

dont you have magic bits to pump, shit for brains? This thread bats 1000 with dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I read in VAERS that the polio vax took out a whole household of people in remote Pakistan.
    As much as I was stoked that fuck got deaded, that facet of the plan set back vaccination in a bad way and we also left that doc to rot

A nice piece in the NYT arguing that CDC and FDA have been using a medical standard (first do no harm, only the welfare of the individual patient matters) when they should be using an epidemiological standard (the greatest good for the greatest number). I have felt this all along. Piece was written by an MD.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/o...d-america.html
    Fuckin NYT paywall
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Bump my earlier question.

Back of the throat before nose or nose before back of the throat? Or just nose?

all the rapid tests i’ve done were brain ticklers, no throat involved.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

that’s cool, from now on i’m going to throw out the ikea instructions and just do it however i feel too.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi