Page 1527 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 ... LastLast
Results 38,151 to 38,175 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Just checking in to add my + status as of Tuesday, probably exposed last Friday according to WANotify app. Negative tests both last Tuesday and Thursday.

In isolation with mild and apparently stable symptoms, vaxed x3 with Moderna, booster was in November. PCR test scheduled for Monday.

Carry on.
    Yikes, vibes and take care to recover quicky.

No legit N95 or at least KN95 everywhere around people and...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Opramicron.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	428.6 KB 
ID:	399987

My daughter is waiting for her pooled test results this week at school. Taking longer than usual. Guessing the volume spike. If it's + then they retest all the kids in the pool individually..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Just checking in to add my + status as of Tuesday, probably exposed last Friday according to WANotify app. Negative tests both last Tuesday and Thursday.

In isolation with mild and apparently stable symptoms, vaxed x3 with Moderna, booster was in November. PCR test scheduled for Monday.

Carry on.
    Vibes Oftpiste……It’s pretty much impossible to get a PCR test here in NM, so I’m isolating at home. Worse symptom I have is my sinuses…..That and Mrs. Seano has the compassion of a mortician….Good luck.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Vibes Oftpiste……It’s pretty much impossible to get a PCR test here in NM, so I’m isolating at home. Worse symptom I have is my sinuses…..That and Mrs. Seano has the compassion of a mortician….Good luck.
    Oh, man... ++vibes. I have a wife like that.

The morticians I have had the misfortune of dealing with have been lovely people. Mrs. Seano I can't comment on. Get well.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but $30K ain't what it used to be.

Right? Probably can't even get her to check the oil.

I thought I had a sinus infection so that checks out. I’ve got a sauna in my garage and a 45 minute sweat helped immensely…. As it does when I get my yearly sinus infection.

Fuck.... everyone I know is sick right now with "something". Some tested and were positive, some negative, others didn't test, feel like shit and are self isolating. Yeah, we are all going to get this.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The morticians I have had the misfortune of dealing with have been lovely people. Mrs. Seano I can't comment on. Get well.
    Lol thanks….Didn’t mean to disparage morticians…..Mrs. Seano is the only one so far to test negative. Told my buddy this, and he said “Well no shit, she’s angry and the COVID wants nothing to do with her”…….Thanks OG.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, we are all going to get this.
    Will that then be the end of it or is something else going to come along afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Honest question…. What’s the point of testing again? At this stage you have all the omicron symptoms, and all the science says you likely have it, and we’ll all likely get this one… and your doctor says stay home and monitor so why test???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Agreed. Especially since you can drive or walk away from the test and get exposed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Agreed. Especially since you can drive or walk away from the test and get exposed easily.
    You're right. No foreseeable value in definitively knowing you're positive. None whatsoever.

Then what?

We:the all gonna get it. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Will that then be the end of it or is something else going to come along afterwards?
    Yes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Lol thanks….Didn’t mean to disparage morticians…..Mrs. Seano is the only one so far to test negative. Told my buddy this, and he said “Well no shit, she’s angry and the COVID wants nothing to do with her”…….Thanks OG.
    Guess you're not getting laid for awhile..

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Then what?

We:the all gonna get it. Relax.
    Exactly. And it’d be fantastic for those in charge to start talking about metrics by which we measure against to go “normal” and work towards living with this. That would be leadership I could get on board with.

heal up, seano and oftpiste.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Maybe this thing will keep mutating so that we have to keep vaccinating. Maybe it won't. Maybe omicron will burn through the population and leave us all immune, even the unvaxed (the ones that survive), and maybe we can actually get 90% plus of the population vaccinated, perhaps with anti-omicron, and this thing ceases to be a problem. It is very unlikely that we will wipe out covid the way we wiped out smallpox, but living with it can mean like the way we live with measles or like the way we live with influenza, or something in between. To a great extent it's up to us--specifically those poor benighted souls who can't seem to get themselves vaccinated, bless their hearts.

But it makes me angry that after 2 years so many people are ready to give up and say fuck it, we're just going to have to live with millions getting sick ad thousands dying of it every year. Quitters.

Only when it TRULY is "just like the flu" in terms of impact on the healthcare system and funeral homes, only then can we maybe "live with it" without major disruptions to our way of life. And humm... how can we make sure it's "just like the flu" or maybe even less severe?? Gosh that escapes me.. if only there was some preventative measure we could take to lesson the severity of the virus.

But it makes me angry that after 2 years so many people are ready to give up and say fuck it, we're just going to have to live with millions getting sick ad thousands dying of it every year. Quitters.
    But at that point wouldn’t it be:

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    "just like the flu" in terms of impact on the healthcare system and funeral homes, only then can we maybe "live with it" without major disruptions to our way of life.

Premature. Hardly seems like during the first big wave of omnicron is the time to declare "ahh, yes back to normal". Let's see how this plays out and assess - meantime, keep some sort of vigilance. I'm optimistic but cautious - we've already counted our unhatched chickens once during this thing.

My nephew (HS senior) tested positive this week. His only symptom was vomiting all night Sunday. He probably picked it up at school/ basketball practice since one of his teammates tested positive before he got sick. No one else is sick in the house yet. I think my sister is just waiting for everyone in the house to eventually get sick even though they’re all vaxxed and she’s boosted.

Everyone gets tested on Mondays at my niece’s office. Thirty people tested positive on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    My nephew (HS senior) tested positive this week. His only symptom was vomiting all night Sunday. He probably picked it up at school/ basketball practice since one of his teammates tested positive before he got sick. No one else is sick in the house yet. I think my sister is just waiting for everyone in the house to eventually get sick even though they’re all vaxxed and she’s boosted.

Everyone gets tested on Mondays at my niece’s office. Thirty people tested positive on Monday.
    See, that’s the issue. Puking isn’t a symptom of omicron… it seems it’s wide spread and “other normal illness”‘is just as prevalent as it always is… but now with testing all the time it’s covid… He could very well be asymptomatic covid and have a normal stomach bug.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    See, that’s the issue. Puking isn’t a symptom of omicron… it seems it’s wide spread and “other normal illness”‘is just as prevalent as it always is… but now with testing all the time it’s covid… He could very well be asymptomatic covid and have a normal stomach bug.
    See that’s the issue. Nausea/puking is a known symptom of covid.

Not the most common sure.

But what do you think happens in a person if the covid infection and reaction takes place more in the digestive system that then respiratory system? Nausea. Puking. Dirarrhea perhaps.

Maybe dont be so confident about this being an over testing issue while being so wrong at the same time.

From the Mayo Clinic:

Name:  IMG_6314.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  290.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    See that’s the issue. Nausea/puking is a known symptom of covid.

Not the most common sure.

But what do you think happens in a person if the covid infection and reaction takes place more in the digestive system that then respiratory system? Nausea. Puking. Dirarrhea perhaps.

Maybe dont be so confident about this being an over testing issue while being so wrong at the same time.

From the Mayo Clinic:

Name:  IMG_6314.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  290.7 KB
    Wow. You must be fun at a party.
    Omicron is an upper respiratory virus, not the pooper buds. And while fully admitting “Im not that confident” about whatever the fuck I said, your post comes across as paranoid and anti science.

My daughter tested positive yesterday after a couple days of cold like symptoms. Today she was sick as fuck with a painful stomach ache and puking all day. YMMV