Page 1584 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 ... LastLast
Results 39,576 to 39,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Especially at a time we have so many old people who are in such bad health.
    Especially the old and senile who fall for claims such as “no one has died from omicron”

I highlghted your quote, Francis. If you don't see how sick your words are, seek professional help.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Wife has covid. Exposure on Monday to someone who tested positive on Wednesday.
    Negative test on Friday, positive last night. There's no way my father in law and I don't have it. My wife used our last two tests. The Biden tests haven't arrived yet. So we don't know for certain. Thing#3 had it over Christmas.

The best is some of us and a whole host of other countries have figured it out and moved on from this. Yes from time to time I obey my overloards, if I need groceries or something.
    Have fun playing in a circle gents! Let me know who eats the cracker.

To a lot of people raised in privileged circumstances any sense of community responsibility feels like oppression.

Excellent article in the NYT this morning about the difference in Covid infection and fatality rates between countries. The only medical factor that matters is age of the population. By far the biggest factors are the population's trust in govt and in each other. Govt policies make minimal difference.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/06/o...icy-trust.html

In Denmark, people are in favor of vaccines, with more than 81 percent of adults doubly vaccinated, but also very opposed to vaccine mandates
    I always suspected I was Danish.

One reason this pandemic is an epidemiological mystery is because you see a surprising amount of variation among nations in close geographic proximity. Bulgaria, Namibia and Bolivia have fatality rates twice as high as their neighbors, Turkey, Angola and Colombia.
    Randomness of the virus plays a role, as does what variant a place is hit hard by and when. Why is NY at 334 deaths per 100k where WA is 145? They are similar states by most metrics. US as a nation is 172.

Moving every country to the 75th percentile of trust in their fellow citizens — roughly South Korea’s level — would have prevented 40 percent of global infections
    We just need to decide who is the master race and get rid of everyone else and we can be just like South Korea.

This helps explain anti-vax, anti-mask Utah having the lowest death rate in the US of states that aren't islands and has a real city (130 per 100k). Nothing like a theocracy to get everyone on the same page. Although Utah is also the youngest, healthiest, state as well.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I follow worldometer quite a bit, for some reason they are always slightly ahead of what news agencies report and they put it at 925,000 this AM

which is not the worst in the world per-capita, it looks like Peru is the worst

but consistantly 3 times higher than canada which is the very similar country next door
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Wife has covid. Exposure on Monday to someone who tested positive on Wednesday.
    Negative test on Friday, positive last night. There's no way my father in law and I don't have it. My wife used our last two tests. The Biden tests haven't arrived yet. So we don't know for certain. Thing#3 had it over Christmas.
    First tests for FIL and me are negative. I feel like I probably have it. But that could just be my normal sinus and throat stuff. Same for the FIL. We both sneeze and cough year round. He's 94 and getting it might not be the best for him. We're all triple vaxxed. And believe strongly in mandates.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Anyone else have their covid symptoms seem to "reappear" briefly for hours on end weeks after their sickness?

I guess I'm about 3+ weeks out. Was feeling pretty good last week and started training again. Lifting and Zone 2 HR trainer rides (holding off on intervals for now).....quite a bit of skiing with some hearty Ridge hikes too. Last few days it almost feels like I have covid again. In the evenings only. Nauseous/tired/achy. In the morning and during the day I feel good.

You'd think all the mouth breathers wouldn't mind masks. I'm having a heck of a time keeping my 3M folding N95 in the right spot so it doesn't pinch my nose or obstruct my vision while providing a good seal. I have an odd shaped face. Typically I end up having to mouth breathe because of the nose pinch.

First tests for FIL and me are negative. I feel like I probably have it. But that could just be my normal sinus and throat stuff. Same for the FIL. We both sneeze and cough year round. He's 94 and getting it might not be the best for him. We're all triple vaxxed. And believe strongly in mandates.
    Second test was also negative for FIL and me. I really don't believe it. His voice is hoarse like my wife's.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I always suspected I was Danish.

Randomness of the virus plays a role, as does what variant a place is hit hard by and when. Why is NY at 334 deaths per 100k where WA is 145? They are similar states by most metrics. US as a nation is 172.

We just need to decide who is the master race and get rid of everyone else and we can be just like South Korea.

This helps explain anti-vax, anti-mask Utah having the lowest death rate in the US of states that aren't islands and has a real city (130 per 100k). Nothing like a theocracy to get everyone on the same page. Although Utah is also the youngest, healthiest, state as well.
    Also, the virus has hit non-white populations hard. Something Utah doesn’t have much of.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Anyone else have their covid symptoms seem to "reappear" briefly for hours on end weeks after their sickness?

I guess I'm about 3+ weeks out. Was feeling pretty good last week and started training again. Lifting and Zone 2 HR trainer rides (holding off on intervals for now).....quite a bit of skiing with some hearty Ridge hikes too. Last few days it almost feels like I have covid again. In the evenings only. Nauseous/tired/achy. In the morning and during the day I feel good.
    Definitely. And just so I don't get dogpiled as per usual, I'm NOT saying that "Covid is just the flu/cold," BUT let us not forget that when you get your ass handed to you by the common cold on occasion, it can be just like what you're experiencing. Symptoms can come and go for several months sometimes! Right when you think you're better the first time, BAM! Feel like crap again, and then you're better, then worse but not as bad, then better, then a bit crappy, and better again until your body's really worked out the kinks. Since COVID has become part of our daily thinking, many of us have forgotten just how terrible the common cold can actually be. Can absolutely wreck you. Then again, it IS another type of coronavirus so checks out.

First tests for FIL and me are negative. I feel like I probably have it... We're all triple vaxxed. And believe strongly in mandates.
    If you're triple vaxxed, how could you possibly get it? I'm so confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Oh fuck all the way off

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Second test was also negative for FIL and me. I really don't believe it. His voice is hoarse like my wife's.
    You know other bugs still exist, right? I find it hilarious how people are still surprised when they have XYZ symptoms and its not covid. Well OF COURSE. Especially when most covid symptoms are the same as other things. That's why it was so frustrating pre-testing. Also sucks because of the false negative possibility that we STILL find ourselves quarantining ourselves a lot. Strange to think about how we lived pre-COVID. Now even if I've tested negative, I find myself being extremely cautious just to be on the safe side. No more "sucking it up" and going to work sick. Although I really DID hate those people pre-COVID too. Getting the whole office sick and what not.

This video illustrates my point beautifully. Hehehe

Can't fix stupid.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Definitely. And just so I don't get dogpiled as per usual, I'm NOT saying that "Covid is just the flu/cold," BUT let us not forget that when you get your ass handed to you by the common cold on occasion, it can be just like what you're experiencing. Symptoms can come and go for several months sometimes! Right when you think you're better the first time, BAM! Feel like crap again, and then you're better, then worse but not as bad, then better, then a bit crappy, and better again until your body's really worked out the kinks. Since COVID has become part of our daily thinking, many of us have forgotten just how terrible the common cold can actually be. Can absolutely wreck you. Then again, it IS another type of coronavirus so checks out.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

I’ve never heard of a cold staying with someone outside of when you get a serious cough, but that always seems to associated with a secondary infection.

Buh bye.

I'm so confused here.
    Truer words were never written.

Buh bye.
    hahaahhaahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You know other bugs still exist, right? I find it hilarious how people are still surprised when they have XYZ symptoms and its not covid. Well OF COURSE. Especially when most covid symptoms are the same as other things. That's why it was so frustrating pre-testing. Also sucks because of the false negative possibility that we STILL find ourselves quarantining ourselves a lot. Strange to think about how we lived pre-COVID. Now even if I've tested negative, I find myself being extremely cautious just to be on the safe side. No more "sucking it up" and going to work sick. Although I really DID hate those people pre-COVID too. Getting the whole office sick and what not.

This video illustrates my point beautifully. Hehehe
    Ya, I'm aware. He doesnt go anywhere and nobody outside has been here in weeks, there's only three of us that can be the vector for him. So if he gets a virus, it's pretty much going through us first. However, he's got chronic conditions that can make it seem like he has a cold. It's just uncanny that they have the same symptoms. So my wife is as isolated as she can be, and I'm wearing a mask when I'm not in my office or bedroom with the door closed. We try to get him to wear a mask when we can. Unfortunately my wife is his primary care giver, so I have had to take over. I'm stuck on a meeting and he's probably wondering where lunch is. If I wait too long he's going to wreek havoc on the kitchen.

A negative test doesn't necessarily mean you don't have, or have had, COVID. Particularly with Omicron with a shorter incubation period, and a higher rate of asymptomatic and mildly asymptomatic.

Smart people can correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, we are constantly being infected with viruses, sometimes at the same time. Some display symptoms, some don't. So just because a cold seems to be sticking around doesn't necessarily mean it is all the same virus.

You also smoke a lot of weed, which is keeping you safe.
    Last edited by altasnob; 02-08-2022 at 12:31 PM.