Page 360 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 41810
    more than likely both on both coasts. but there is no doubt more travel from China/Asia to the west coast and more travel from Europe to the east coast, especially when stopovers must be factored in.
    It would be interesting if they ended up being two different strains
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    In the unlikely event anyone is reading Spats's posts, the Ferguson was study was discussed here yesterday. The estimates aren't so much revised (or quietly walked back, lol) as they are a reflection of changing strategies i.e., doing nothing versus social distancing and mitigation restrictions.

The United States and the U.K. changed course after the original study was released and the new study reflects the course change.

The striking thing about the updated # was that 50% of the deaths were estimated to occur by natural causes in the next 12 months anyways.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    What does SumJongGuy have to say about all this shit?
    He had been jamming up PugSki with all kinds of posts/replies/theories.....he hasn’t been on in a few days....so they may banned/suspended his posting for awhile....cuz I think he was driving some of those old birds crazy over there.....lol

Name:  retard.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  90.5 KB

Fun game of Where's Fauci? trying to distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Name:  retard.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  90.5 KB

Fun game of Where's Fauci? trying to distance?
    Far left, behind the cameras below Lincoln?
    Great example of social distancing there.
    Fitting name for the jpg file.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    more than likely both on both coasts. but there is no doubt more travel from China/Asia to the west coast and more travel from Europe to the east coast, especially when stopovers must be factored in.
    It would be interesting if they ended up being two different strains
    Fred Hutch (Seattle) is sequencing the virus from as many patients as it can get its hands on and can tell you (rudimentarily) how the virus is propagating around the globe.

https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/ce...r-bedford.html

Trevor Bedford is a rock star in all of this.

https://nextstrain.org/

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    People are terrified of not having any and I get it, without a bidet, things will get iggy quick. And fuck a $1,200 advance on my 2020 tax burden. Is that really what I read?
    No it is not, direct deposit or mailed check. Plus 500 per kiddo for married couples or singles that are the head of household with kids. Distributed sometime in April

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    The striking thing about the updated # was that 50% of the deaths were estimated to occur by natural causes in the next 12 months anyways.
    While this disease will likely accelerate deaths that might have been imminent, it's worth keeping in mind the next time you compare COVID-19 with the flu or falling down stairs that COVID-19 is new disease. So for a lot people it's going to be additive, an additional impact on people and resources. All the other things haven't magically disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    People are terrified of not having any and I get it, without a bidet, things will get iggy quick. And fuck a $1,200 advance on my 2020 tax burden. Is that really what I read?
    No. A 2020 tax credit, and an immediate advance against the credit.
    focus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ck-calculator/

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

So did the American Hospital Association succeed in getting the front-line staff PPE protections removed from the stimulus?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What happened to the 30 million masks found yesterday?

US over 100,000 confirmed cases.

Red State vs. Blue State analysis
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...state-problem/

Spoiler alert.
    Case count higher in Blue States
    but ...

Testing lower in Red States
    Death rate higher in Red States
    Growth higher in Red States

and Red States are asking more nicely for help.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The country that put the emergency generators for a seaside nuclear plant in the basement?
    That country would be the US. Plant was built by American companies. At least one of which is no longer in the business. Thankfully, because they did tons of that kind of stuff: "backups aren't really important because they'll never be needed" said the low bidder for plants all over the world.

Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch had to correct Deborah Birx's lies after her press conference yesterday. Neil Ferguson had to do the same. Birx is an Obama appointee and was highly regarded before she became a Trump talking head so not sure why she is spewing bullshit. Assume Trump has a gun to her back when she speaks.

This article summarizes all the Daily Wire/Laura Ingram, right wing bullshit that went down in the last couple days:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...wpisrc=nl_most

Go team...you fucking poliasshat shit stain.

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    US over 100,000 confirmed cases.

Red State vs. Blue State analysis
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...state-problem/

Spoiler alert.
    Case count higher in Blue States
    but ...

Testing lower in Red States
    Death rate higher in Red States
    Growth higher in Red States

and Red States are asking more nicely for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Whole Foods supply chain is pretty fucked. I like mine a few miles away, but they're having issues keeping anything stocked, besides produce. They are good at crowd control, though, limiting access to only a certain amount.

The local markets are much better stocked . Except toilet paper. I mean, wtf, it's still hard to find. What is wrong with people?
    Whole Foods went way downhill, in terms of keeping stuff in stock, not long after Amazon bought them, well before this Corona thing.

Out here (Bay Area mid-peninsula), it's been pretty reasonable for food shopping. TJ, Safeway, and the local produce market, all good. Costco even has TP (in the morning). It's typical for one or two things on a shopping list to be out of stock that aren't usually (garlic, of all things, has been difficult). Up in San Fran, grocery shopping is more of a challenge lately, I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Vermont students are going to be remote schooled for the remainder of the year. My wife (a special ed teacher) is SUPER stressed. There are a lot of individualized cases to manage for her, and trying to get the kids to meet online and make sure they are doing their work is hard.
    Same in NM.. schools closed for the rest of the year.Big jump in new cases in NM: 55 new cases brings the total number to 191. Still only one death (a male in his 70s; state lab confirmed covid-19 positive). NM was in under 20 cases per day so far...

Definitely driving an uptick in loonie futures

A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Looks kinda more like population driven, which an overlay of population density
    True. I mentioned that on Tuesday, but since then all the small towns have filled in on the east, but not so much on the west coast where things have been on lockdown longer (if at all)
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just started a road ride out of my town's H.S. parking lot, and this was the scene when I got back to my car. Nice nearly 60 degree sunny day. All girls, one to a car, parked about ten feet from each other, chattering. It's a new thing for white girls.

Took my dog for a lunch walk today and saw the exact same thing in the park a couple blocks from our house. Late model SUVs and wagons that affluent parents bought for their high schoolers, parked like that with one female teenager per car. I'm sure there is some app that kids post on that I don't know about and this is the new thing...and really, I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Birx is an Obama appointee and was highly regarded before she became a Trump talking head so not sure why she is spewing bullshit. Assume Trump has a gun to her back when she speaks.
    I was surprised when she was appointed and thought it was a step in the right direction. I remember her from her AIDS work, and made a joke about her not being able to be in a room with Pence, etc.
    She sounded like a robot looney in her press conference. WTF?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    The EM is trying to locate dedicated refrigeration trucks to act as temp morgues, I shit you not.
    I am sure that is not going to make you feel any better but, they're already using refrigerated trucks in New York City.

Word on the street for a few Seattle school districts is that they’ll open early May. District’s believing the children’s education and parental job situation as a driver. Gates foundation is providing info to one district my wife teaches for - forecasting 5/4 school start provides enough curve clearance. We’re down

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    I am sure that is not going to make you feel any better but, they're already using refrigerated trucks in New York City.
    Next up, mass graves.