Page 257 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    “I’m talking with a bunch of friends who are preppers,” he said. “They are actually really excited. They are calling it a prepper’s dream. They are like ‘We have been planning for this for years.’”
    idiots.

if this goes really south, someone will find out who has supplies and just come by with bigger guns. prepping for anything more than 2 weeks of mayhem is folly; you just cannot prepare for everything.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/o...-new-york.html

Jeebus
    Doctors are freaking out.
    I know mine is.
    Doctors are not much different then the rest of us. There are ones that freak out and ones that won't.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    But it didn’t stop him from flying cross country. Hacking and coughing.
    True, another great example as to why it's important to avoid enclosed spaces with lots of people.

Neighbor got laid off yesterday. Accounting job.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Doctors are not much different then the rest of us. There are ones that freak out and ones that won't.
    Yeah, but it's not that simplistic, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    President Trump could cure cancer and people would still be complaining that he put oncologists out of work!

Seriously: what would make you happy, in this situation?
    In Goldfingers voice; "No I want to see you die Mr. Dump"
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Um, those were the Jews getting offed. It was actually well organized from the guy on top.
    details, details

I know nuthink!!!!!

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I supose there is a chance that Trump is not a draft dodging/ rapist/ mysoginist/ rascist/ with the attention span of a fruit fly who understands nothing/stands for nothing is nothing but a republican shill

but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck ... its usually a duck

why are republicans politicizing a world pandemic health crisis, maybe they will change their tune after it takes afew old fucks ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I supose there is a chance that Trump is not a draft dodging/ rapist/ mysoginist/ rascist/ with the attention span of a fruit fly who understands nothing/stands for nothing is nothing but a republican shill

but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck ... its usually a duck

why are republicans politicizing a world pandemic health crisis, maybe they will change their tune after it takes afew old fucks ?
    The correct phrase is "attention span of a gnat."

That’s an insult to gnats.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pennsylvania is closed

Go home
    . . .

Man, the articles linked on this page took a turn for the worse. I went down the rabbit hole on stuff that Laurie Garret (author linked by DTM) wrote lately. She makes Cormac's "The Road" look like a pleasant future.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    in germany when the economy went south before WW2 and it was a free for all, neighbors just shot other neighbors they never liked because they knew there was too much chaos for them to be areested and go to court; if people actually have to go months without a job, may see that again.
    say what?

What would you say to a friend who is now trying to convince himself (and others) that he already has gotten COVID. He claims he got it in October while in Las Vegas.

I'm like dude, think about that. This virus is highly contagious. If you got this in October in the USA, don't you think it would have spread around the country a shit ton before now?

I would say he's an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    What would you say to a friend who is now trying to convince himself (and others) that he already has gotten COVID. He claims he got it in October while in Las Vegas.

I'm like dude, think about that. This virus is highly contagious. If you got this in October in the USA, don't you think it would have spread around the country a shit ton before now?
    Recommend he volunteers at a hospital since he's positive he has already had it and is in the clear?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

President Trump could cure cancer and people would still be complaining that he put oncologists out of work!
    Boy, this thread really brings the stupid to the forefront. You have moved to the front of the dumbass line.

Enjoying this ad hominem phase. It’s kind of liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I would say he's an idiot
    I agree he's crazy but I do believe that there's a lot more of this around and that it's been around longer than we're hearing. It was definitely seen in Wuhan in December, and it had already built to a point that they had started looking for something by then, so there's a period before that December discovery when this was in the wind and spreading.

Maybe just a few weeks but who knows? Eventually it will be known if China is forthcoming with the data but that's a big if. It could easily turn out that the start wasn't at the wet market at all but rather that the market was a vector for a virus that already existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Boy, this thread really brings the stupid to the forefront. You have moved to the front of the dumbass line.

Enjoying this ad hominem phase. It’s kind of liberating.
    Name:  IMG_9847.JPG
Views: 540
Size:  80.5 KB

^ Heh. Thx for that.

@Spats, let me elaborate. Sending everyone $1000 (and hey, $500 for the young ‘uns!) will do absolutely nothing to mitigate the virus spread or the effects of the disease on people. Comparing it to curing cancer, even mentioning curing cancer when discussing that bald-faced attempt at bribery is something only the most craven of Trump dick-suckers would attempt.

Early this morning 4 pages back there was some convo about the bad January bug. I had it. It’s human to wonder about shit like that and symptoms are all subjective. It was a really bad dry cough for me and aches and feeling run down for longer than a usual cold. No fever though.
    So, with that context, I’m still proceeding as if that was something else until they get fast easy testing for the masses.

I’m not sure how this CO mountain town experiment is going to work. So they are going to test door to door, but not carry it along with them? Are they going to tell people to just stay home? Cause I’m already staying home. Or are they actually going to demand people go to the hostipal?

Taiwan’s answer:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BF011CE-3FE8-4E64-9AC8-075AA88C24F4.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	744.9 KB 
ID:	321165

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    SAw a video where a ER Nurse said this has been circulating for months, and reminded us how so many had the flu and bad coughs all of January. Makes sense because there was at least a month of Travel from China.

Last month I had a temperature, flu, and after 2 weeks went on a hike and almost passed out from wheezing etc. ended up in urgent care and on steroids and a z pac. My GF was just sick, but I’m a type 2, so it was hell for me somehow.
    Like 5 people asked me about this

Nice theory but no

It presents a lot like other respiratory illnesses

But if it was here months ago, there would have been exponential growth and the accompanying overwhelming of hospitals and mass death.

There wasn't.

Now there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Seriously: what would make you happy, in this situation?
    Mutherfukker ain't gonna cure cancer, ain't gonna cure deficits, ain't gonna cure jack fuck.
    He poo-poo'd this shit until it had overtaken America. His bullshit blaming it on Democrats and his continued denials had FOX news assholes telling their fucktard viewers it was a fukking conspiracy and that allowed the virus to infect thousands more while nothing was being done about it.

What would make me happy? Someone putting a load of coronavirus right between his eyes for those reasons and a million other reasons. Yes, I can't stand the mutherfukker. Virtually ANYONE could have and would have done better.