Page 828 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... LastLast
Results 20,676 to 20,700 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The number of dead didn't go down. I suggest to get your understanding of what's being shown in these graphs to go up.

HINT: LOOK AT THE X AND Y AXIS before gaping your yap again.
    He's making a joke based on me saying "that number has gone down."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The mask is not for you, it's for the person next to you. And while the speed of the lift certainly decreases the risk, the very close proximity of people on a full chair somewhat negates that. But wearing a mask will only help a little if the person next to you isn't.

No OG, if I'm skiing and it 0F or below out, the mask is most definitely for me.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The number of dead didn't go down. I suggest to get your understanding of what's being shown in these graphs to go up.

There's no need for that.

No OG, if I'm skiing and it 0F or below out, the mask is most definitely for me.
    Those neoprene masks with holes for the mouth and nose won't do much good for the Covid though. (Do they still make those?)

well he said the number of dead went down in his post, you did read his post right?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.squamishchief.com/baldre...dpElDLxGMMvtHg

Comparing washington to BC there are some scary stats below the 49th
    aren't most of the new cases in Eastern Washington?

Edit: re-read and saw this was mentioned.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Backsliding in Oregon - masks now mandated for indoor public spaces in PDX metro, Salem metro, Hood River and Lincoln City.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/orego...ning-next-week

Had a big spike in cases in the state, mostly because a bunch of folks in Union County decided to have church services at the Lighthouse Pentecostal Church during the lockdown. There's now 250 cases in a population of 27,000. Fuckheads...

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-outbreak.html

Still no cases in my slice of Paradise.

Those neoprene masks with holes for the mouth and nose won't do much good for the Covid though. (Do they still make those?)
    https://bsbrand.com/pages/blackstrap-snow-products
    Made in the US of Fuckin A.

We’ve had 3 months after fumbling the snap and we still can’t get tracing, testing, etc. right. What an embarrassment this is to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Backsliding in Oregon - masks now mandated for indoor public spaces in PDX metro, Salem metro, Hood River and Lincoln City.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/orego...ning-next-week

Had a big spike in cases in the state, mostly because a bunch of folks in Union County decided to have church services at the Lighthouse Pentecostal Church during the lockdown. There's now 250 cases in a population of 27,000. Fuckheads...

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-outbreak.html

Still no cases in my slice of Paradise.

https://bsbrand.com/pages/blackstrap-snow-products
    Made in the US of Fuckin A.
    The FB posts from folks in EOR are mostly against the mask ordinance. Bunch of crazies in Umatilla.

At night when the local news gives the virus counts both Umatilla OR and Bento-Franklin WA keep climbing with W2 sandwhiched between them waiting for the flood.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

We've been down in the low single digits for new cases in my county (225,000) with even a 0 day and a couple 1 days. Yesterday cases spiked and today 19. I think this supposed 'democratic conspiracy to derail Republicans election hopes' as an Alex Jones friend told me last night from his boat, is likely heading for a second wave. Traffic is back to normal, people are at restaurants. Only some people masking up. It is crazy.

Our daughters week long overnight Y camp decided that they would go ahead starting June 5th (which is the week she is signed up for), with changes to cabin size and putting the kids in pods to reduce exposure to the entire camp. But as SnowShow says, no testing of the kids coming in, or even the counselors coming in. My 10 yo needs this camp so bad. But without testing it isn't happening. And they need to know by tmmrw or we are on the hook for $600. Um no. We just donated out $75 dollar deposit and told them we'd see them next year.

This is what happens when you put a clown in charge. I could put together a better plan than what the CDC has put out right now - and I don't blame the CDC - their hands our tied by the orange idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I was thinking of these.https://www.amazon.com/slp/neoprene-...6g42cox7dgs4xd
    What us old folks used to wear when it got bitterly cold on the slopes. I still have a couple somewhere I think, shoot me a PM if you want one. ; - )
    I have a balaclava style hood with mask which I have never found it cold enough to wear, and a buff which I try to wear but usually give up on. It's California after all and the last few trips to colder climes--Utah and Wyo--have been disappointingly warm. I'll use the buffs on the lifts this winter if I do ski. Depends on the operating plan.

Update: "Californians must wear masks in all indoor public spaces under a mandate announced Thursday by Gov. Gavin Newsom designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.

The new rules require face coverings when people are riding in taxis and rideshare cars, taking public transit, standing in line to enter a building or walking through common areas like hallways, stairways, elevators and parking garages.

It also requires masks for people working in a building visited by the public even if no other people are present and at all locations where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution.

Masks are also required outdoors in spaces where people can’t maintain six feet of distance from one another."

Since y'all are just too rosy and optimistic (), think on this: starting to hear that we're being urged to immediately get all elective/preventative medical work done (assuming you're actually in an area that has opened up enough to do so) as the medics fear the Fall covid resurgence plus flu will slam us all back into hard lockdown/SIP. And that the push back to such requirements, including simple masks, will be much stronger i.e. garnishing the shit sandwich with concentrated pus.

Update: "Californians must wear masks in all indoor public spaces under a mandate announced Thursday by Gov. Gavin Newsom designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.

The new rules require face coverings when people are riding in taxis and rideshare cars, taking public transit, standing in line to enter a building or walking through common areas like hallways, stairways, elevators and parking garages.

It also requires masks for people working in a building visited by the public even if no other people are present and at all locations where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution.

Masks are also required outdoors in spaces where people can’t maintain six feet of distance from one another."
    Not sure why this wasn't the rule before now...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not sure why this wasn't the rule before now...
    We'll see if it makes a difference.

We'll see if it makes a difference.
    It will be ignored by a large number of people here in central CA. Guaranteed.

Not gunna mask my freedumb.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Conservatives can cancel culture, too.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23O32V

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Conservatives can cancel culture, too.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23O32V
    Makes ya wonder how he even got elected, in central californyalabamy.

Fauci warns of 'anti-science bias' being a problem in US

Fauci said "anti-science bias" in the country can be problematic.

"One of the problems we face in the United States is that unfortunately, there is a combination of an anti-science bias that people are -- for reasons that sometimes are, you know, inconceivable and not understandable -- they just don't believe science and they don't believe authority," Fauci said.

"So when they see someone up in the White House, which has an air of authority to it, who's talking about science, that there are some people who just don't believe that -- and that's unfortunate because, you know, science is truth," Fauci said.

"It's amazing sometimes the denial there is. It's the same thing that gets people who are anti-vaxxers, who don't want people to get vaccinated, even though the data clearly indicate the safety of vaccines," Fauci added. "That's really a problem."

Name:  IMG_2256.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  101.4 KB

^that quote always makes me want to cry^

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm assuming he was tested when he entered the WH.
    My bad. I should've noticed that they tested in anticipation of a visit with the 280 lb Cheeto .
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

The uncounted - people not dying from the disease but because of the disease......

Excess mortality from the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19)

The World Health Organization define ‘excess mortality’ as:

“Mortality above what would be expected based on the non-crisis mortality rate in the population of interest. Excess mortality is thus mortality that is attributable to the crisis conditions. It can be expressed as a rate (the difference between observed and non-crisis mortality rates), or as a total number of excess deaths.”

The contact tracing for the AZ sheriff must be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Makes ya wonder how he even got elected, in central californyalabamy.
    stockton is a poor city with large non white populations

Re anti-intellectualism, most of the doctors I know, including me, boast about their kids sports, not their grades and other academic accomplishments. You would think people who owe their place in society to their brains, or at least to their ability and willingness to memorize stuff and take tests well, would appreciate smarts.