Page 752 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... LastLast
Results 18,776 to 18,800 of 41810
    Got tested by https://lhi.care/start. CA is making this test free so stats can be collected. Result: Negative, as expected. But I’d like to know which test protocol they’re using. Website is useless. Phone calls just go to prerecorded bullshit. So I sleuthed a bit, got their email, no reply yet.

In jgb math the only reason so many New Yorkers died was because 600% of them got the virus. He'll be checking in with RJ here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Have we talked about process meat being a beacon of light?

Attachment 329025
    I thought so but I had to check the search: page 485. Crazy.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    In jgb math the only reason so many New Yorkers died was because 600% of them got the virus. He'll be checking in with RJ here shortly.
    Yeah, that definitely had nothing to do with the Governor forcing nursing homes to accept COVID-19 patients. Let's take infected people and mix them in with the most vulnerable population we can find. No way in hell that'll skew statistics.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1191811

Anyhow, would you say that the infection rate in NY is about average for the nation? Or are you just picking bullshit outliers? Things are going pretty well in Montana, huh? See how easy that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Yeah, that definitely had nothing to do with the Governor forcing nursing homes to accept COVID-19 patients. Let's take infected people and mix them in with the most vulnerable population we can find. No way in hell that'll skew statistics.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1191811

Anyhow, would you say that the infection rate in NY is about average for the nation? Or are you just picking bullshit outliers? Things are going pretty well in Montana, huh? See how easy that is.
    New York got more thoroughly infected than many places. Did they make it to 600% infected? I didn't follow all your math, so I'm hoping you can fill in a couple of the holes for me.

I got a call from a maggot friend about 12 days ago who has been heading up a nationwide county by county count of cases for Johns Hopkins that is used for graphics like this risk assessment map in the NYT. He's extremely smart and nerdtastic for things like this. Not all the footnotes came through but red/brown indicates counties with the most underlying conditions for covid kill rates. Hawaii lookin' good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    OK, how do you differentiate between those who are truly asymptomatic and those whose symptoms simply haven't fully manifested yet? It's Hay fever season here. I'd like to not have either sneeze on me or those I give a fuck about, thanks.
    In a properly controlled study, you give it time- those vulnerable will present symptoms in a week or what ever the appropriate time frame is.

I was thinking about the allergy conundrum earlier. How can we really know what is truly complications to Bat-Death Virus infection vs. cold or allergy unless people understand what those differences are such that they can accurately report? I am unable to proffer a solution to this.

EDIT: Yo, Splat, might this Maggot provide a list of all currently known known underlying conditions, and why the fuck is there that arrow lopping through SoCal, Las Vegas, Utah, and pointing towards Archuleta county, CO? Trying to fucking scare me?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Fuuuuck. This is the time of year my eyes swell and water and itch like a mofo. Whoever said don't touch your face (everybody, I guess) forgot to mention what it's like when the pollen blows in and just fucking drives people like me nutz.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    In a properly controlled study, you give it time- those vulnerable will present symptoms in a week or what ever the appropriate time frame is.
    OK. So how do you keep people from not wearing masks in public for XX amount of time without testing. Multiple testing at that. Just because you were negative a week ago doesn't mean you still are... see the WH.

Honestly I'd be willing to take a shot at reopening stuff if there was widespread antibody testing. You have them you get to go outside. You don't... here are antibodies we got from someone who survived this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    From Doubleback/Bledsoe Family Winery:

Staff meetings are looking a little different these days. ��

��: @drewbledsoe, IG
    This may explain Stonehenge

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Texas.
    obesity is a comorbidity
    all gravy baby

The human herd needs some serious culling.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Fuuuuck. This is the time of year my eyes swell and water and itch like a mofo. Whoever said don't touch your face (everybody, I guess) forgot to mention what it's like when the pollen blows in and just fucking drives people like me nutz.
    I hear ya, Bro.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I got a call from a maggot friend about 12 days ago who has been heading up a nationwide county by county count of cases for Johns Hopkins that is used for graphics like this risk assessment map in the NYT. He's extremely smart and nerdtastic for things like this. Not all the footnotes came through but red/brown indicates counties with the most underlying conditions for covid kill rates. Hawaii lookin' good.

So is most of Colorado and Utah.

Is that news clip from Texas real? That can’t be real!

Quote Originally Posted by the propagandist formerly monikered brostoyevski View Post
    Wonder about the percentual overlap with metabolic syndrome (obesity).
    Pretty much the number one underlying condition. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So is most of Colorado and Utah.

Is that news clip from Texas real? That can’t be real!

The skinny state.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    So how do you keep people from not wearing masks in public for XX amount of time without testing. Multiple testing at that.
    Now you're off in a completely different direction.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Things are getting too weird.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

time to cull the nerds

this is crazy if true. flowrida is riding deSantis hard on this one. firing a programmer because of her refusal to manipulate data. eerily familiar territory for the pink sock state.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Things are getting too weird.
    Honestly - back when we were migrating from Powmag to here did you even have anything remotely like this on your radar? I didn't.

Sometimes the world just throws you a spitball.

And you better damn swallow it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The mask may not help much with the covid but it most definitely helps with the allergies.

Apparently it's not enough to refuse to wear at mask; it's also necessary to insult and be openly hostile to those who do. These people are deplorables.

"Susanne Baremore traveled from Mendocino County to her former hometown of Redding to clean the apartment of a friend who killed herself after becoming severely depressed as the economy collapsed.

Baremore stopped at Walmart and Costco for cleaning supplies. At each store, she said she was accosted by people offended she was wearing a mask.

At Costco, she had just gotten out of her car and was donning her mask when a woman walked by and said, “ ‘Oh, so you believe the lie?’ “

Baremore stared back but said nothing. The woman continued badgering her: “You’re just sheeple. You’re just sheep.”

At Walmart, as she waited for a shopping cart, she stood back from other shoppers in an obvious attempt to practice social distancing.

A man confronted her.

“What are you really afraid of?” the man said, edging uncomfortably close.

Baremore said the encounters left her shaken.

“I’ve been in the Redding Walmart when it was extremely crowded like at Christmas and times like that and had people be more polite than they were during social spacing,” Baremore said. “I don’t understand.”

Judy Salter had a similar experience. Salter, who is 71 and has a compromised immune system, was at a Redding Safeway last week and encountered a man who was ignoring the directional arrows placed on the floor to discourage face-to-face congestion.

“I put on my curious voice and I said, ‘Oh gosh. Hi! You know they’ve got these arrows going now so we don’t have to go next to each other. So maybe when you go to the next aisle, notice the arrows.’ He said, ‘I’m not going to pay any GD attention to those arrows, and you’re a fascist bitch.’ “

She replied the arrows were placed “to help us older people.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ar...ignews_related

jgb, et al

Please research excess deaths, and get back to us on undercounting Covid deaths. Or tell us what other thing is killing us these last few months.

Also, in case you've forgotten, in the absence of protective measures, Covid infections double every few days. This is a fundamental property of this virus and human populations. It hasn't changed. The quantity of critical healthcare resources hasn't changed much either. Let Covid run wild again and in short order, sick people who'd otherwise survive will die simply because all the healthcare is in use by sick people.

I'm unsure why NYC, Wuhan, Spain, Italy, etc are insufficient examples of overrunning healthcare. There's no need for another American example. Though I recognize we may take that course.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Sorry to hear that about Redding. One of my favorite annual trips takes place near there in late Summer. I'm hoping it'll happen this year. Hopefully Summer weather and social hostility holds off a Redding outbreak until after my trip. I hope to be hanging with friends, sharing Coronas with limes.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Ya know, if the guvment would give me an unlimited supply of N95's and hand sanitzer I would be happy to let the idiots run around without masks. But we've forgotten how to make everything except money in this country, and now we've forgotten that. Although I'm sure the vaccine companies will make a shitload, whether their vaccines work or not.