Page 1362 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 ... LastLast
Results 34,026 to 34,050 of 41810
    I’d say stay away from Wolf Creek and Breck and one should be ok.

Denver archdiocese sayin JJ vax be tainted wit dead babies yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Embryonic stem cells?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Pope says it's okay because it saves lives and the stem cells were harvested many years ago. The Pope is infallible, so listen to them. (I'm not sure what pronoun the Pope uses.)

WI reported that Covid positives in nursing homes has dropped by 97% from December until third week of February. For the week ending November 15 there were 854 new cases, week ending February 21 only eight new cases. Considering that 84% of WI deaths are 65+ this is great news. The drop in hospitalizations has followed this closely from 2300 in mid November to just 262 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The version I heard was lawyers instead of Texans. Utah and Colorado need to do what NM did--build a few really flat shitty ski areas that the Texans can gravitate to.
    That’s a fair point. We should shut them all down...except Taos. I wonder how that would turn out.

California doesn't have to worry about Texans--what they hear about us is so negative they're afraid to come.
    Heh, you’d be singing a different tune if they could get there in a 12 hour drive.

Pope says it's okay because it saves lives and the stem cells were harvested many years ago. The Pope is infallible, so listen to them. (I'm not sure what pronoun the Pope uses.)
    The Pope is infallible ONLY on the really, really important shit. BTW, been meaning to ask you. How long was it after you retired that you realized surgeons were not gods?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

On top of everything else we have a Texas snowboarder to thank for coming up with a solution.

Texan molecular scientist and snowboarder Jason McLellan was in Park City, UT last January when he got the call asking if his team could decode the coronavirus. After a Chinese scientist published the genetic sequence, he and his team quickly stabilized the spike protein structure that became the basis for the successful vaccine antigen. Within two weeks adult volunteers were injected with the new vaccine candidate.

The mRNA vaccine took either a week or decades to develop depending on how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    The Pope is infallible ONLY on the really, really important shit. BTW, been meaning to ask you. How long was it after you retired that you realized surgeons were not gods?
    We're not?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Embryonic stem cells?

We're not?
    Must have something to do with your station. After I had to ski to the parking lot with only one leg working my GP told me I was lucky. Lucky that he was a young GP and could send me to a young vasc surgeon to get Roto-Rooted.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Must have something to do with your station. After I had to ski to the parking lot with only one leg working my GP told me I was lucky. Lucky that he was a young GP and could send me to a young vasc surgeon to get Roto-Rooted.
    One reason I retired when I did--vascular surgery stopped being surgery. Bigger reason--to ski.

First time I held a beating human heart in my hands I thought I was god. First time I held one that wasn't beating any more I realized I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    On top of everything else we have a Texas snowboarder to thank for coming up with a solution.
    Unpossible.

We made a thing that just got an EUA https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...Infection.html

If I say any more I have to add a bunch of legalese so that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    We made a thing that just got an EUA https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...Infection.html

If I say any more I have to add a bunch of legalese so that's it.
    Is this point of care or does sample have to be sent to a lab? If lab, will it be widely available or only certain labs able to run it, and how quickly will the results be available? And will the lab eat dirty diapers?
    It would certainly be nice to have a rapid, accurate test that people can take before their first mRNA shot to see if they need a second--assuming that theory pans out.

His pronouns are Il Papa, His Holiness, Pontificus Maximus, etc.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    His pronouns are Il Papa, His Holiness, Pontificus Maximus, etc.
    and "his" apparently.

In the local Home Despot yesterday. Big sign at the entrances, "You Must wear a mask to enter, even if vaccinated".

Once inside all kinds of people wandering around without masks. Our Nutjob, earth is 7000 years old and Jesus rode a Dinosaur Guvnor rescinded the State mask order about 10 days ago but our County Health Officer kept it in place for the County (State Legislature is seeking to pass laws making that illegal).

Anyway, I got what I wanted and went to check out. Employee asked me the usual, "did you find everything", I said yes, thanked him and told him that unless they begin to enforce the signs out front I will not be back. He told me that the store manager wanted to but was directed by Corporate that they not enforce the mask rules.

Fuck Home Depot.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bunion, if you're vaccinated tho, aren't you pretty unlikely to be a spreader? Seriously. If people are vaccinated, then whats the point of wearing a mask? And if you get vaccinated but STILL have to SD, mask up, do all the same bullshit, then what the hell was the point of getting vaccinated?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

We don't know yet if, after vaccinated, you can still infect other people even though you may not get it

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Bunion, if you're vaccinated tho, aren't you pretty unlikely to be a spreader? Seriously. If people are vaccinated, then whats the point of wearing a mask? And if you get vaccinated but STILL have to SD, mask up, do all the same bullshit, then what the hell was the point of getting vaccinated?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks for saving me the trouble Rod.

But.

With Covid-19 vaccines rolling out across the United States, the beginning of the end of the nation’s struggle with the pandemic may be coming into sight. But while the two currently approved Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna are more than 90 percent effective at preventing the development of serious illness, scientists don’t know whether someone who has been vaccinated can carry the live virus and spread it to others.

Initial vaccine trials focused on vaccine safety. These were designed to gather data quickly and accurately on how effectively the vaccines prevented large groups of people from getting seriously sick with Covid-19.

In the push to get a vaccine approved for emergency use as quickly as possible, other effects of the vaccines were left untested. Scientists must test a smaller pool of people with greater frequency to understand how the virus travels between people after vaccination—an effort that became secondary to studying vaccine safety and efficacy.

“We design the trials to determine how we reduce the disease burden and keep people from progressing to hospitalization and death and being on a ventilator—that was and I think, still is, the first primary purpose of developing a vaccine,” says Larry Corey, co-director of the Covid-19 Prevention Network, a group formed in part by the National Institutes of Health to address the need for vaccines.

Now, as new, highly contagious SARS-CoV-2 variants from California, the United Kingdom, South Africa and Brazil spread globally, understanding transmission as it relates to vaccine rollout efforts is vital.

Most vaccines still seem to prevent worst outcomes, like hospitalization and death, against the new variants. However, it may be months before researchers have conclusive findings about how viral transmission from vaccinated individuals to unvaccinated individuals works.
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ion-180977054/

Is it really that fucking hard to wear a fucking mask? Does it really ruin your day?

And more to the point, where does the Montana GOP get off trying to overstep a County Health Official?

This January, newly elected Governor Greg Gianforte almost immediately rescinded most of the statewide orders issued by former Gov. Steve Bullock that limited capacity and operating hours for businesses. However, local boards of health are still allowed to issue their own orders, and Missoula County maintained restrictions on businesses.

“I’m not really in a fight with them,” said Edwards, who also says he doubts the scope and severity of COVID-19 and claims health leaders are withholding information about the pandemic. “I’m part of the lawsuit to bring out a conversation on why things happened the way they did. There’s no accountability on the health boards; they can do whatever they want.”

As local public health agencies continue to wrestle with a crisis unlike any in over a century, the Montana Legislature is considering a package of bills that would strap new limitations on their powers. The legislation comes after multiple cases of conflict between local public health officers and individuals and businesses across the state.

Supporters of the measures, many of whom share Edwards’s skepticism of the pandemic, tout the legislation’s promise of accountability. But some opponents worry that without independent experts guiding responses to health emergencies, public health may become even more politicized.
    House Bill 121 would give elected officials final say in public health directives.

Wading into a public debate that has grown heated on social media, the House Local Government Committee held a hearing Thursday afternoon for House Bill 121, which would limit the authority of public health officers and health boards, and give elected bodies more power in setting public health policies and orders. The measure is part of a broader effort by Republican lawmakers, telegraphed after the November elections, in response to local health department directives and former Gov. Steve Bullock’s response to the COVID-19 crisis.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Thanks for saving me the trouble Rod.

But.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ion-180977054/

Is it really that fucking hard to wear a fucking mask? Does it really ruin your day?

And more to the point, where does the Montana GOP get off trying to overstep a County Health Official?
    I’m totally for getting rid of onerous public health measures. Sometimes I just need to take shit on someone’s door step or right in the middle of the store and who are county health officials to stop me?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Just think of yourself as a superhero like Spiderman. Or a luchador. Feel the mask making you powerful.
    Or if you have a particularly sick and twisted frame of mind--a hockey goalie. Feel the mask making you a masochist. Or a surgeon. Fee the mask making you a sadist.