Page 993 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 ... LastLast
Results 24,801 to 24,825 of 41810

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Influential infectious disease expert Michael T. Osterholm says it is time for another lock down in the US, and this time for realz. Points out that in US, 39 percent of workers are essential but in Minnesota (his home state) 78 percent were deemed essential. Need true lock down where only the 39 percent are leaving their homes for things other than food. Thinks nation wide lock down will be necessary for approximately six weeks. 100% mask compliance, alone, will not get us to where we need to be. Once new cases are less than one new case per 100,000 people per day we can start easing restrictions and be at the same place as Canada, and most of Europe, is today.

I assume the US will not follow his suggestion so don't expect anything to change anytime soon and have fun watching Canadians gloat about all the rad skiing they will be doing next winter while we despair in our misery.

https://nyti.ms/2C93aPd
    Depressing that there’s no way our country will do this.

A friend has a restaurant on the OR coast; he’s set his place up with social distancing, and outdoor seating. He says he’s having his best year ever. Crazy.

Yeah I haven't been in a restaurant since March but not worried about takeout and get it pretty regularly. You're not gonna catch the covidz from takeout food. You're just not. Bit of a possibility from the transaction itself, so manage that effectively and you're good.

I thought Galloway was particularly good this week: https://www.profgalloway.com/the-gre...n=NMNM20200807

I'm in the Seattle area. 6 weeks or so ago when King County went to limited reopening, we started going to outdoor patio areas about once a week or so. Since then cases are starting to go up again and so we've tapered back on even the outside visits. We grab takeout occasionally but really miss being able to go to our favorite bars. Makes me feel guilty that I'm not supporting these businesses as we know the owners and understand what they're going through. But I still don't feel safe inside any bar or restaurant and I'm not going back inside until that changes.

Here locally in New England Rhode Island has fallen out of the Circle of Trust. They need to stay home. Good. Never been a fan anyways. It's like literally a mile away from where I'm sitting. Maybe less than a mile, I never measured it. Stay over there you fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What? No. They work fine outside, unless you want it 70 degrees in winter.
    I'm talking 40 degree rain. With a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm talking 40 degree rain. With a breeze.
    East coast skiing really sounds horrible.

Also, the wife had to go down to Maryland yesterday and she's supposed to quarantine when she gets back. 2 weeks. Dreams can come true.

Corona virus, take my wife, please! Cymbal crash, bass drum.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    East coast skiing really sounds horrible.
    No, that's Paris in December. But, yeah, that's Vermont in January, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64E99564-59F3-4CE9-B624-136A5637EFBB.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	636.7 KB 
ID:	336603

Eating out is normally my biggest expense after essentials. Since the first week of March I've had take out one time. Unfortunately, restaurant savings have been reallocated to institutional sized Cheez-It boxes and instagram friendly delivery meal kits that cost a small fortune.

There's literally no reason to avoid takeout or delivery except for the handover, which itself can be effectively managed. I know you know that but just saying.

I'm not convinced but acknowledge the increased risk is probably small. Driving by an open kitchen door seeing line cooks with masks around their necks last weekend didn't help.

It's a respiratory illness brother. Point me to a single documented case of surface transmission anywhere and I'll reconsider my stance. I'm not aware of one but will admit to not being entirely omniscient.

Anybody else having intense dreams?

https://time.com/5821896/coronavirus-nightmares-dreams/

Imagine if you could watch Benny's dreams.

No idea if there are any documented cases of surface transmission. Lots of big brains still saying it's possible. I'll be over here twirling my Lysol can until that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Eating out is normally my biggest expense after essentials. Since the first week of March I've had take out one time. Unfortunately, restaurant savings have been reallocated to institutional sized Cheez-It boxes and instagram friendly delivery meal kits that cost a small fortune.
    Got you covered!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0_downloadfile-2.jpeg 
Views:	216 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	336605
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Lulz
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

No idea if there are any documented cases of surface transmission. Lots of big brains still saying it's possible. I'll be over here twirling my Lysol can until that changes.
    Way back when the Bonn Institute of Virology did a study in a group home where multiple residents were actively infected and they were unable to find live/viable virus on any surface, literally while the residents were home. So far this is the gold standard for me, I've seen nothing that contradicts it.

hold on I'll find a link.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Got you covered!
    Thought this was a meme. Looked it up. It's real. https://originalhousewine.com/whats-...t-sweepstakes/

Thought this was a meme. Looked it up. It's real. https://originalhousewine.com/whats-...t-sweepstakes/
    Oh yeah baby! Would I steer you wrong?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's a respiratory illness brother. Point me to a single documented case of surface transmission anywhere and I'll reconsider my stance. I'm not aware of one but will admit to not being entirely omniscient.
    I agree, its probably very possible in a hospital setting but not out in the middle of nowhere altho it Is comforting to see an employee do thaT sanitizing thing, masks and distancing are the big ones
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ok this is the first decent link I found, sorry it's "Business Insider" but the quotes are legit. First it's necessary to believe dude's credentials, he's got them no doubt, maybe google him if you doubt. There are other quotes etc. that are relvant, but this is the gist of it:

Streeck posited that in order to contract the virus via a surface like a doorknob, "it would be necessary that someone coughs into their hand, immediately touches a doorknob, and then straight after that another person grasps the handle and goes on to touches their face," Streeck told reporters.

hence, masks. not gloves. You get it by breathing it in. That's what this virus is "designed" to do. It's a good strategy for a virus, see US statistics. Why would it evolve a secondary transmission mechanism when it has Trump in its corner?