Page 869 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 ... LastLast
Results 21,701 to 21,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

Is it one better than COVID-19?
    "No one knows where the 19 comes from"
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Really enjoy the lack of professional sporting events.

I say we make it permanent.

And the airlines should make those non muzzled folks wear one of those yellow stars. That will shame them.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Got a letter from Portland Parks and Rec yesterday

I had been hoping to get back in the gym and pool this fall, but that’s not happening...
    In Summer 2021 and beyond? So that means they're never re-opening. Kind of confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    In Summer 2021 and beyond? So that means they're never re-opening. Kind of confusing.
    Did they mean 2020? Seems kind of crazy to pull the fucking plug on next summer already!

This years revenue that isn't being generated won't be there for next years programs and facilities. Next years revenue therefore won't be available going forward...

I'm interested in the Stark mask as it appears to be glasses-friendly. Fog has been the bane of my mask wearing. KQ, have you found the Starks mask plays nicely with eyewear?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Those look like they have a good seal all the way around.

Forgot to mention you if you live in or close to Potland OR you can go into the Stark's Vaccum store and buy masks. No need to order online.

Here's a Hawaiian company making fun masks. Don't have personal experience with this brand but I really l Iike prints. 3 layers, 100% cotton

Kona Supply Company Face Masks

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'll have Covid odyssey to post if I ever get the fuck out of DFW and the clusterfuck of flights I've been on and have yet to endure while chasing down a covid vaccination that generates antibodies. Traveling is beyond fucked and the airlines be acting like they are just figuring it out at the expense of the hordes of people I have seen stranded like me.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using TGR Forums mobile app
    DFW fucking blows, does not matter the airline. Good luck getting home.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Young man whose whole fam tested posi returned to work
    He said the flu/cold he caught back in late Dec kicked his ass way harder but the loss of taste and smell was odd
    We're mandatory face coverings at work
    Wife's got a few of her team on maternity leave and has been back to treating patients and her office a few hours a week
    Scored her a god mask someone sewed and brought a bunch in to sell on consignment at the store
    Box from dps showed up the other day unsolicited 2 face shields
    Props to them she likes it better than goggles/glasses
    Attachment 333200
    Nice! My first mask was made for me by a friend and it's lovely but one wasn't enough IMO esp with repeated washing. The design is just like the one you posted. Nice fit and coverage. She did a great job.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    This years revenue that isn't being generated won't be there for next years programs and facilities. Next years revenue therefore won't be available going forward...
    At some point you've got to accept the hit and move on. Maybe defunding the police will free up some property tax dollars.

Seattle has decided to keep all city run pools closed this summer, but lifeguarded beaches are opening today. As of today I'd be awfully surprised if pools reopen in the fall, but that's based on the COVID-19 numbers, not economics. We really are a third world country if cities have to shutter all their parks & rec facilities long term due to this.

Logic tells me that swimming pool Chlorine would be hard on the virus.
    Does my logic come close to reality?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I'm interested in the Stark mask as it appears to be glasses-friendly. Fog has been the bane of my mask wearing. KQ, have you found the Starks mask plays nicely with eyewear?
    For my readers at the grocery store it works well. As I said you need to have the fold-up nose piece high on your bridge and then snug your glasses over it. I don't have much of a bridge to my nose (small nose) so I added cord locks to tighten the mask more across my face.

Starks is selling cord locks now in sets of 5 (10 locks total) or you might just steal some off an old jacket or duffle bag. Not sure if this still works but they sent me this coupon code in an email the other day: Save $3 on cord locks with this Coupon Code: 3OFFCORD

I found they work best if you have them down towards the bottom of the ear loop so they don't bulk up behind your ear:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cordlock.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	333225

I used a twist tie to thread the earloop through the cordlock:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cordlock2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	402.4 KB 
ID:	333226

when I ordered my Stark's mask they didn't offer cord locks so I bought these from Amazon:

Shapenty Plastic Toggle Single Hole Spring Loaded Elastic Drawstring Rope Cord Locks

I bought these kind of "locks" for masks that have thin elastic straps:

100 PCS Cord Locks Silicone PVC Toggles for Drawstrings, Adjustable Lanyard Buckle Barrel Connectors, Elastic Cord Adjuster Non Slip Stopper

And if you're looking for a long cord lock rather than a ball shape I got these (I need some to replace broken ones so figured what the heck - cord included was a bonus.)

50 Pcs Plastic Cord Locks End Spring Toggle Stopper Single Hole String Cord Locks and Elastic Bungee Cord Crafting Stretch String for Drawstrings, Bags, Shoelaces, Clothing

Mr. Mike picked up some Stark's the other day. Have not heard how he likes them but maybe PM him if you're interested or perhaps he'll chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Logic tells me that swimming pool Chlorine would be hard on the virus.
    Does my logic come close to reality?
    Report on the TV said yes but there are other areas that pose a risk to spreading plus with kids there tends to be a lack of social distancing and spray of dropplets when clearing your nose mouth after coming up from underwater.

At some point you've got to accept the hit and move on. Maybe defunding the police will free up some property tax dollars.

Seattle has decided to keep all city run pools closed this summer, but lifeguarded beaches are opening today. As of today I'd be awfully surprised if pools reopen in the fall, but that's based on the COVID-19 numbers, not economics. We really are a third world country if cities have to shutter all their parks & rec facilities long term due to this.
    We're lucky here. Our local pool opened with a 25 person limit and reservations. We went last weekend and it was easy to stay 10, 15, 20 feet away from everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    We're lucky here. Our local pool opened with a 25 person limit and reservations. We went last weekend and it was easy to stay 10, 15, 20 feet away from everyone else.
    There are a few public pools open around here and it's the same deal: very limited capacity enforced and you need to reserve a time. You show up ready to swim and leave when you exit the pool. No changing rooms available. It sounds pretty safe, but I'm still hesitant to swim in an indoor pool yet. Yes, chlorine will kill the virus, but that's not going to help with people breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Dallas fucking blows. Good luck getting home.
    Fify

I like this idea. I'd actually favor zero tolerance, but this will do (assuming they are actually going to enforce it):

Alaska Airlines plans to give passengers yellow cards for refusing to wear masks as a coronavirus precaution

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...us-precaution/
    At the time you purchase a ticket it should be asked if you will comply with wearing a mask.

If you check “no” you go in the Covid Class. A section of the plane for all the maskless. Then have a clear plastic divider between sections.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    At the time you purchase a ticket it should be asked if you will comply with wearing a mask.

If you check “no” you go in the Covid Class. A section of the plane for all the maskless. Then have a clear plastic divider between sections.
    I'm sure all the flight attendants would be champing at the bit to work in Covid class. And of course we'd all be breathing Covid class' air!

Just sent them entry. Delta was pretty clear on my flight that if you don't mask, you don't fly.

Shoreline pool closed for good. They were slated to close it eventually after the new aquatic center got voted down but they decided to kill it off early with Covid as the excuse. Shame as divegirl was really liking teaching diving there for the city rec program.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Shoreline pool closed for good. They were slated to close it eventually after the new aquatic center got voted down but they decided to kill it off early with Covid as the excuse. Shame as divegirl was really liking teaching diving there for the city rec program.
    Funny you mention this because was just talking about this with someone I was swimming with at Green Lake yesterday. I think it really sucks because that pool is hardly a disaster right now. I was swimming there quite a bit last year when my normal pool was down for repairs. Maybe there were serious problems that weren't really apparent to users of the pool. Still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    At a title company they had me sign a Covid -19 document indicating I had not traveled had no symptoms. Etc.

My response was to ask them if they have traveled etc. and the smart fuckers were shocked I’d asked when they have me signing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lol
    That’s like the fuckers en masque behind Plexi that want you to sign credit card receipt with the community pen of contamination
    Fuck that
    I ain’t touching that toilet seat scribe
    . . .

I'm sure all the flight attendants would be champing at the bit to work in Covid class. And of course we'd all be breathing Covid class' air!
    Covid class doesn't get flight attendant service.

<snip> We really are a third world country
    I think, at this point, despite being the wealthiest country the world has EVER known, that you'd be hard pressed to make a coherent argument AGAINST us being 3rd-world.