Page 1068 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... LastLast
Results 26,676 to 26,700 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    the timeline is scathing. june 30th the cdc says ‘wear masks’ and then the trump appointed science guy responds “Her aim is to embarrass the president”.
    Fake news. Drumpf embarrasses himself all on his own, just fine.

In the good news column
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6261.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	340668

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm of two minds. In clear weather and over interesting geography I can spend a long time staring out the window, but seven hours seems like about five hours too long to scratch this itch.
    But I'd rather do that in a small plane where you can get closer and the ride is exciting. That to me is about the experience.

Looking out a tiny plexiglass porthole with a million scratches and often condensation from a crappy bus seat in a giant commercial jet where I'm breathing everyone's lung air for 7 hours? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Fake news. Drumpf embarrasses himself all on his own, just fine.

In the good news column

Name:	IMG_6261.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	340668
    plot twist, they are all there to vote for the orange man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I don’t see any red hats and they’re pretty much all masked

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Looking out a tiny plexiglass porthole with a million scratches and often condensation from a crappy bus seat in a giant commercial jet where I'm breathing everyone's lung air for 7 hours? Meh.
    It was a 787--big nice windows, better ventilation, and much higher air pressure and humidity than any other plane. 7 hours is still too long, though.

Some definitely are, but mask compliance in the line seems high....

Record number of cases in UT the last two days. One HS teacher in ICU after being exposed at school. That school closed about a week ago after a big outbreak and the district is meeting today to decided whether to shut everything down. Ugh, things had been going really well at my 5th-grader's school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Record number of cases in UT the last two days. One HS teacher in ICU after being exposed at school. That school closed about a week ago after a big outbreak and the district is meeting today to decided whether to shut everything down. Ugh, things had been going really well at my 5th-grader's school.
    We've seen an increase in CO and of course nationally there has been one as well. Easily attributable to schools, especially colleges, starting back up. There is NO way in-person schooling will survive the winter.

Editorial in the British Medical Journal describes several small studies that show T cell reactivity to SARS-CV-2 in 20%-50% of people with no history exposure. (One study looked at blood drawn during or before 2018.) What that means for immunity in the real world is anybody's guess, but it's not bad news.
    https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj....IF&keytype=ref

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I don’t see any red hats and they’re pretty much all masked
    Some definitely are, but mask compliance in the line seems high....
    I've seen a handful of these in my hood:

Name:	Trump2020facemaskforsalemadeinUSA.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	340682

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Exactly. Unless it was super deluxe A number 1 first class with a lounge and only my friends. And hookers and blow.
    The best seat on that airplane is 0A. The next best is 0K. the rest? meh.

And it's FAs and blow at the Hilton.

I can’t remember if I mentioned it yet, but at least 2 pediatricians in my area are no longer conducting or recommending tests for kids (including teens) that have mild symptoms.

What are general guidelines for these schools? Maybe this question is better the other relevant thread?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I can’t remember if I mentioned it yet, but at least 2 pediatricians in my area are no longer conducting or recommending tests for kids (including teens) that have mild symptoms.
    WTF?!?

No electioneering materials in the polls. They would be told to reverse it, with the printing on the mouth side.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    No electioneering materials in the polls. They would be told to reverse it, with the printing on the mouth side.
    So when will we start seeing the reports of MAGorans assaulting poll workers that won't let them in to vote?

Sounds more Karen than Trumptards. They both suck.

so NOW they're going to start wearing masks?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I don't get it. Maybe a couple of hours max. In 1st class with a window seat. But not seven in cattle class with a high likelihood of no window. Sounds like hell and a good way to catch covid-19, with no gain.
    Hey, I didn't say I would or that I liked the idea. Only that I could see the how/why.

Right?

I've always tolerated flying as a means to end. No way I'd willingly ride on a commercial airliner for 7 hours with no destination.
    Same. Flying with humanity is an exercise in hopelessness as you witness the ineptitude of the mouth-breathing masses.

Exactly. Unless it was super deluxe A number 1 first class with a lounge and only my friends. And hookers and blow.
    This

Empirically, the air in an airliner, while recycled, is typically cleaner than air in one's own home due to all the filtration required.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

All that ‘tard had to do was push these out in March, say this thing is serious and wearing a mask is the patriotic thing to do. We’d been in much better shape now, and he’d be a shoe-in for re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Gym friend of my wife (zoom classes) says she was having respiratory symptoms so she calls her doctor of long standing. They tell her to go somewhere else. No specific recommendation, just somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Gym friend of my wife (zoom classes) says she was having respiratory symptoms so she calls her doctor of long standing. They tell her to go somewhere else. No specific recommendation, just somewhere else.
    I can’t help but think that they are intentionally doing this to cook the books of the county.

Qantas 7-hour scenic flight to nowhere gets booked in minutes.

Australia is one of the most climate change affected countries on earth. I'm surprised the anti-climate change folks in Oz aren't up in arms about this. Flying is pretty much the worse activity humans do environmentally speaking.

Just in case you thought Covid was “No worse than the flu“...

https://www.wired.com/story/if-youve...-good-for-you/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    All that ‘tard had to do was push these out in March, say this thing is serious and wearing a mask is the patriotic thing to do. We’d been in much better shape now, and he’d be a shoe-in for re-election.
    This^. It’s amazing what a simple oversight this was (not that I’d want him for another 4 but...). This creates no controversy over masks and likely gives him a real reason to brag about success. What a hard headed boob.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    This^. It’s amazing what a simple oversight this was (not that I’d want him for another 4 but...). This creates no controversy over masks and likely gives him a real reason to brag about success. What a hard headed boob.
    He may be hard headed but he’s stupid and has no talent for strategery

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Hold up. The developmentally disabled are warm, compassionate, generous and brave; Trump has none of those qualities.