Page 579 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... LastLast
Results 14,451 to 14,475 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    North America was a penal colony too.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Compared to Taiwan and HK NY is a filthy disgusting hive of scum.
    Of course, our moron meme maker repeats the obvious racist label of NYC and other larger eastern cities that actually have a very large population of people of color, not the dumb white bread shit hole he lives in. Those people, they're so...dirty.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 04-21-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What's the consenseless on readily available, viable and accurate COVID-19 tests?
    Listened to some doctor/virologist dude on NPR yesterday during a risky grocery run. It didn't sound good on getting to the level of accurate testing needed to open things up. maybe by June they will be less than half way to where this doctor thinks things need to be on the testing level. Lots of bottle necks.
    Not enough people to run the tests.
    Not enough people perform the tests.
    Not enough people to read the tests.
    Not enough tests being produced. Don't ask about the vaccine thingy. That sounded depressing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    ??
    are you indicating you were unaware of this?

The British used colonial North America as a penal colony through a system of indentured servitude. ... It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to colonial America and the majority landed in the Chesapeake Colonies of Maryland and Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What's the consenseless on readily available, viable and accurate COVID-19 tests?
    No swabs! Where are the swabs! Show me the swabs!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Sounds like availability of reagents needed for the tests is also becoming a problem.

Many of the early settlers were failures, religious kooks, and outcasts back in the Olde Country, for sure.
    Last edited by rideit; 04-21-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

No swabs! Where are the swabs! Show me the swabs!
    that's wacist.

I'd like to be able to validate some of the studies, but in the absence of reliable tests, all the squibbling about the data is m00t t0 m3.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

are you indicating you were unaware of this?

The British used colonial North America as a penal colony through a system of indentured servitude. ... It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to colonial America and the majority landed in the Chesapeake Colonies of Maryland and Virginia.

No, I did not. Explains the trash of the near south, I suppose.

But I am familiar with the conscription of the lower classes to the military, especially ships. I suppose, the same thing, in a way. Maybe those "prisoners" sent to Virginia and the Chesapeake were sold a bill of goods, too, so that they would behave. You know, a new life in the new world, away from their misery back in Merry Old, and, if you're nice, you'll be well fed and given a daily allotment of drink and we'll let you beat the real prisoners, the slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Of course, our moron meme maker repeats the obvious racist label of NYC and other larger eastern cities that actually have a very large population of people of color, not the dumb white bread shit hole he lives in. Those people, they're so...dirty.

Calling a dirty ass city dirty now qualifies as racist?
    What about SF far less diverse and every bit as disgusting?

Meanwhile your lily white ass lives in the Far East self-proclaimed borough of Connecticut, bragging about your pittance of a retirement fund and your rich white neighbors. You've got your pulse on the inter city though keep it up.

Speaking of pulses, I've never witnessed someone so proud of being chronically incorrect. I've made more than your net worth doing the inverse of your suggestions for stock and housing in the past year. It's pretty amazing.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    The greatest example of Darwinism in the human race to date? Low IQ people are gonna go about their business and die off in droves and those who use their brains are gonna continue to social distance and display self control? Isn't that what's happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Close friends (husband and wife) who are both dentists. They've got two of their three kids at private college (full boat). They're shitting. Just doing emergencies at the moment. Anyone want to buy a practice in western NY? They want out.
    A friends wife and her partners are trying to figure out how to keep their dental practice afloat long enough to come out the other side of this. Apparently it isn't a saleable asset on Long Island right now. :shrug:
    Last edited by gravitylover; 04-21-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    The greatest example of Darwinism in the human race to date? Low IQ people are gonna go about their business and die off in droves and those who use their brains are gonna continue to social distance and display self control? Isn't that what's happening here?
    all the full 'tards I know already have kids, how many 20-25 year olds are in these protests?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    all the full 'tards I know already have kids, how many 20-25 year olds are in these protests?
    They have few bills to pay.

FIRE/ EMS UPDATE SW EDITION

Sorry Mags, it's been a while, but it's been a little hectic lately, cause ya know, Covfefe.
    As of today, there are 1,971 confirmed positive cases in NM. 38,755 tested. 58 deaths.
    One of those confirmed cases was one of our FFs. Got the call on Sunday. He is doing well at the moment. We are working with the DOH to do contact tracing and testing. Not easy. Won't be the last.
    I spent a lot of time creating a flowchart about what to do in this exact eventuality; any mags in Fire/ EMS that want a copy let me know...
    Total call volume remains overall at about 12% lower than last year. IDK if the messaging of when to call 911 is working, or people are scared out of their minds to go to the Emergency Room these days. Prolly a little of both.
    On the PPE front, with the support of two local businesses, we are actually making our own disposable gowns now. The State was able to secure a large procurement of N95s from, wait for it........China. Crazy times.
    Our men and women continue to do an amazing job. I am truly in awe. It's humbling for sure.
    Stay at home order is set to expire on April 30th, but we were told to expect the Governor to extend that; for how long, IDK. I am not aware of any protests here in NM, yet......
    The reservations are continuing to get pounded. It is a grim fucking situation, for sure. There is a good NYT article about what's going on in the Navajo Nation, but I'm too tired to find the link.
    Personally, I have my good days, where I am optimistic that there is light at the end of the tunnel; then I have my bad ones where I am fucking exhausted and overwhelmed by the enormity of what's going on. I am trying not to overconsume the news, and spending as much as free time as I have working on my yard or walking the dogs.
    One of the things this pandemic has given me is some much needed perspective; I am fortunate to still be working, as is Mrs. Seano (from home. With twin teenage girls. That's a whole other post), but I know there are a shit ton of people really struggling right now, to include members of this board. I wish I could say or do something to make this shitty situation better; all I can say is, eventually, we will get through this and hopefully come out the other side better as a community, state, and nation....
    Hang in there mags, we will persevere. If I can help anyone here with anything (within reason, you kooks ), feel free to hit me up. Stay safe peeps. Stay home. Take care of each other. I will try and give another update sooner rather than later.
    Natty Dread, Diamond Joe, how you guys doin??????

ETA- Updated numbers just released from NMDOH- 2,072 cases, 65 deaths......
    Last edited by seano732; 04-21-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken here, but have you checked whose dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Calling a dirty ass city dirty now qualifies as racist?
    What about SF far less diverse and every bit as disgusting?

Meanwhile your lily white ass lives in the Far East self-proclaimed borough of Connecticut, bragging about your pittance of a retirement fund and your rich white neighbors. You've got your pulse on the inter city though keep it up.

Speaking of pulses, I've never witnessed someone so proud of being chronically incorrect. I've made more than your net worth doing the inverse of your suggestions for stock and housing in the past year. It's pretty amazing.
    Yeah, you're fucking mahvahless. A legend in your own mush of a mind.

If only this fucking virus killed just the dumb ones using specious arguments to justify their stupidity.

Unfortunately, no. Just more carriers and therefore, spread. Well, the very cavalier will go down in greater numbers, so, yeah, maybe.

RIP
    skier down. Solid guy. Cluster from Sun Valley, February
    National Brotherhood of Skiers
    600 skiers, 130 got sick after trip

https://enewspaper.latimes.com/deskt...d-671a836e1852

that just sucks...

The greatest example of Darwinism and the survival of the species is expressed in altruism.

Survival of the fittest or survival of the nicest? Since the dawn of time man has contemplated the mystery of altruism, but it was Darwin who posed the question most starkly. From the selfless ant to the stinging bee to the man laying down his life for a stranger, evolution has yielded a goodness that in theory should never be. - 'The Price of Altruism - George Price and the Search for the Origins of Kindness' by Oren Harman

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Many of the early settlers were failures, religious kooks, and outcasts back in the Olde Country, for sure.
    Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Sounds like everyone who posts on TGR!

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    RIP

I was just thinking about the brotherhood and whether their trip was canceled this year due to the virus. Too bad it wasn't. Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    RIP

RIP fellow skier. May you find overhead blower pow in Valhalla
    . . .

One of my favorite groups. Although they kept us really busy.

One week at Park City I flew 4 different broken femurs. Firm & fast conditions, good visibility and a stoked bunch of people skiing fast.

RIP
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"