Page 693 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 41810
    We always had fish for dinner on Friday night, no meat ever, Lent or not. Catholicism is huge in Massachusetts.
    Do you like fish sticks?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    How does an extra $2400 not BEGIN to give you enough to buy health insurance?

"Premiums for individual coverage averaged $440 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $1,168 per month"
    https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/res...ithout-subsidy

Seems to me that extra $2400 would not only begin to give them enough, it *would* give them, more than double the amount that they would need to enroll in an Obamacare insurance plan.
    Depends on how much they made already this year and how close they are to the subsidy cut off. If they are far below the acá subsidy, it’s entirely feasible they could get a plan for a $1 w the aca subsidy. Without the ACA subsidy, $2400 is useless. However, it probably would have been better/easier to just exclude the covid subsidy payment from Medicaid income calculations. Totally foreseeable and should not have been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Holee shit
    There's a thread for that. This isn't it.
    That one is accessible with a password you entered long ago.

My nephew is a professional mashup artist. Freelance and looking for gigs
    Shameless plug
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There's a thread for that. This isn't it.
    That one is accessible with a password you entered long ago.
    which is why I didn't get into the details of that troll's long history of being an incredible asshole

and it's not really a password - it's just an "I agree" button that says you won't complain to the mods

back to the European Rat Flu discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Lolz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I feel sorry for her that she is sick and married to an asshole.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

what test is Trump getting multiple times each week to determine whether he's got the Corona? (for that matter Pence too)

after hearing about the swap-up-the-nose one from a friend whose kid had to go to the hospital for a broken arm surgery, i'm sure Trump isn't sitting for that one even a second time...don't even consider multiple each week

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You guys spout shit with a sense of authority and conviction and then when your post gets criticized you respond with "well I'm not really paying attention to any of this....."
    That sense of authority is your insecurity.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    what test is Trump getting multiple times each week to determine whether he's got the Corona? (for that matter Pence too)

after hearing about the swap-up-the-nose one from a friend whose kid had to go to the hospital for a broken arm surgery, i'm sure Trump isn't sitting for that one even a second time...don't even consider multiple each week
    You’re probably right, but i like the thought of someone given him the nurse ratchet treatment every day

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I feel sorry for her that she is sick and married to an asshole.
    really? this is the same shit as with melania... she knew he was an asshole before she married him. fucking eva braun's.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    That sense of authority is your insecurity.
    Name:  c39.png
Views: 2235
Size:  137.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm not on board yet. Some issues:

- Site of administration
    - Method of administration (needle-free being shown to be better)
    - Selection of protein to encode (and associated size) versus the need to avoid secondary RNA structure
    - All prior infectious disease work with mRNA vaccines have either directly introduced the RNA into dendritic cells as the vehicle or they have used a carrier like protamine. Not employed for CV as far as I know

Also, you mention "mRNA therapeutics." Are you still referring to a vaccine with this or do you know of someone who is encoding a therapeutic into mRNA to make the protein in vivo (like an IgG for example)?
    Might need to calibrate sarcasm meter.
    Bozo was /sarc as I read it
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm not on board yet. Some issues:

- Site of administration
    - Method of administration (needle-free being shown to be better)
    - Selection of protein to encode (and associated size) versus the need to avoid secondary RNA structure
    - All prior infectious disease work with mRNA vaccines have either directly introduced the RNA into dendritic cells as the vehicle or they have used a carrier like protamine. Not employed for CV as far as I know

Also, you mention "mRNA therapeutics." Are you still referring to a vaccine with this or do you know of someone who is encoding a therapeutic into mRNA to make the protein in vivo (like an IgG for example)?
    Thanks for your comments on real issues.
    I don't know remotely enough to reply to all of your points.

I'm a sceptical person. And one of my all time favorite science quotes was from a Genentech guy who skis at Squaw,
    "Why does it take ten or fifteen years to release a drug?"
    "Because shit happens."
    But I kinda feel like I've joined the church of mRNA.

The Moderna guys come across as good scientists, but also arrogant VC pitch artists. The Precision Nanosystems guys sound reasonable.

I think that in both the Moderna and Precision NanoSystems videos they mentioned intramuscular injections.

I'm hopeful about your point about how it's critical to identify what the mRNA is supposed to make. I guess that I've been naively convinced that the spike protein, and mRNA, are well enough understood that they'll have a least one reasonably effective vaccine.

The whole months of testing for safety and efficacy, and dealing with live humans thing, is alien to me. Computer nerds get impatient if code takes five minutes to compile or synthesize.

I did have a negative, knee jerk, engineering reaction to Michael Farzan's, maybe you can just make the important part of the spike protein.

I can't tell if mRNA for antibodies has moved out of the lab, or make sense of what the "RNA-based treatments" are trying to do. I was probably getting carried away by the, "An elegant solution to circumvent the problems of complex production and purification processes and aberrant posttranslational modifications of the antibody, is to deliver the genetic information of the antibody itself."

How mRNA therapeutics are entering the monoclonal antibody field
    https://translational-medicine.biome...967-019-1804-8

A lot of groups are putting a lot of effort into identifying a good antibody cocktail for SARS-CoV-2. And investment in mRNA from basic research to production is skyrocketing. So if mRNA technology is fundamentally as good as the evangelists say? And from a big pharma standpoint, seems like antibodies are where the R&D would go post pandemic apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Let's not forget mentioning Pelosi's solution, which is to open up the Obama exchanges so that the tens of millions of the unemployed would have the right to spend thousands of dollars on health insurance. Yeah, thanks Nancy. What flavor ice cream today?
    You're right--it won't help much, but do you have a better idea, besides flipping the Senate with a 60 blue seats and flipping the WH.
    If there's a silver lining to Covid it might be that we get true universal coverage--single payer or govt subsidized private insurance or a combination, whatever, but something.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    back in the day you never ate meat on a Friday Lent or not.
    Nothing quite as disgusting as school cafeteria fish. No meat on Fri in my school, which was 90% plus Jewish. Imagine the uproar if Muslim families demanded that public schools served only halal food.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Lolz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh please god--I'm sorry I have doubted your existence. Let the sunovabitch get it too and really, really suffer (but not die, I don't pray for people to die) and I will stop being an atheist--I will go to shul or church or mosque every day (5 times for the mosque), I will become a missionary, I will bleed from my palms and feet, I will not speak for the next 40 years and eat only locusts and wear only a loin cloth no matter how cold it is--whatever you tell me to do. But please give it to that asshole. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Catholics only or was this a widely accepted cultural practice? My entire family is Catholic, I went to Catholic school K-8, but I only remember it as a Lent thing.
    You're going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

If Fauci is giving him the test it's probably a fake test.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oh please god--I'm sorry I have doubted your existence. Let the sunovabitch get it too and really, really suffer (but not die, I don't pray for people to die) and I will stop being an atheist--I will go to shul or church or mosque every day (5 times for the mosque), I will become a missionary, I will bleed from my palms and feet, I will not speak for the next 40 years and eat only locusts and wear only a loin cloth no matter how cold it is--whatever you tell me to do. But please give it to that asshole. Please.
    X2

She actually married Steven Miller. Pure evil.

He probably doesn't have it - no way she lets him anywhere near her.

If he gets it, I'm in for an Ikon, so I can see OG skiing in that loin cloth. From afar. Not sure about sharing a chairlift.

OK serious question. In my line of work it's generally accepted that irrigating a dirty wound or a belly full of pus or shit with salt water in copious amounts is all that is necessary to reduce bacterial counts to safe numbers. "Dilution is the solution to pollution." No antiseptics necessary--)and possibly harmful in the belly because they can be absorbed into the blood stream). Would the same thing be true of washing produce--soap not necessary; you don't have to kill the virus just wash it down the sink?

If you had the choice between Miller and Kushner getting the covids, to which god would you pray?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Another trip to the feed store (yeah... I've been there a lot but on a farm with livestock things happen/break), dozens of people in a very small space and there I was the only person with a mask again. Must be an Oregon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Nothing quite as disgusting as school cafeteria fish. No meat on Fri in my school, which was 90% plus Jewish. Imagine the uproar if Muslim families demanded that public schools served only halal food.
    Look at the uproar now over establishments mandating masks be worn when they've mandated shirts and shoes for years. People are beyond stupid and I for one have had enough.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    If you had the choice between Miller and Kushner getting the covids, to which god would you pray?
    The Hebrew god, obviously. They're both Jewish (as am I.)