Page 407 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 41810
    Very interesting,...

https://youtu.be/bpQFCcSI0pU

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    It's also important to remember that literally no one is dying due to lack of essential medical supplies, including ventilators, and that rumors of triage/DNR orders in the USA are also false.
    You are 100% wrong. Triage of ICU beds and ventilators is happening. It's got nothing to do with orangeman hatred.
    Last edited by bennymac; 04-01-2020 at 06:43 PM.

What with all the breathless media reports of "US LEADS THE WORLD IN DEATHS!!11!!", it's important to remember that 1. China lies, and 2. The USA is a lot bigger than Spain.

Here's a chart of death rates by country, PER CAPITA, as of today. For the daily updated figures, go here:
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    Attachment 323230

It's also important to remember that literally no one is dying due to lack of essential medical supplies, including ventilators, and that rumors of triage/DNR orders in the USA are also false. All such reports are media-created hoaxes. Dr. Birx finally unloads on the media for spreading them:
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48641...media-coverage

Here's Gov. Cuomo admitting that he has 2000 FEMA ventilators in a warehouse, but hasn't distributed them because "hospitals don't need them yet": https://twitter.com/i/status/1243899847394164736

And I'll just leave this here:
    "After learning that the state's stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had."
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...an_142685.html

This too:
    California once had mobile hospitals and a ventilator stockpile. But it dismantled them
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ls-ventilators
    They were ready to roll whenever disaster struck California: three 200-bed mobile hospitals that could be deployed to the scene of a crisis on flatbed trucks and provide advanced medical care to the injured and sick within 72 hours.
    But the ambitious effort, which would have been vital as the state confronts the new coronavirus today, hit a wall: a brutal recession, a free fall in state revenues — and in 2011, the administration of a fiscally minded Democratic governor, Jerry Brown, who came into office facing a $26-billion deficit. And so, that year, the state cut off the money to store and maintain the stockpile of supplies and the mobile hospitals.

Of course, none of this stops the media from showing you pictures of overwhelmed Italian hospitals and claiming they're from New York!
    First, skip to 1:20:

Now watch this footage from Sky News, dated three days earlier. Skip to 0:20:

Remember, this is the same news media that ran footage of the Knob Creek gun range in Kentucky and claimed it was from Syria:

Yes, the media is deliberately lying to you in order to make you panic and blame #orangeman.

====

Meanwhile, the hospital Dr. Raoult works at is continuing to treat patients with the Plaquenil/Z-pack combination therapy. Over 1500 patients later, they've had...one death.
    Archived because their site is overloaded: https://archive.is/KtpGr
    Original link: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/covid-19/

(Note that the media continues to call it "hydroxychloroquine", because they know that millions of patients in the USA know the drug as "Plaquenil", and they don't want people to realize that it's been around forever and we all probably know at least one person who takes it every day for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.)

Bonus: lifesaving drugs are no longer illegal in Michigan!

Michigan governor flips on experimental coronavirus treatments and asks Trump for drugs
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rump-for-drugs

=====

I stand by my predictions from over two weeks ago:

Based on the "deaths per capita" chart I linked above, prediction #2 is looking extremely accurate so far.
    CDC currently estimates 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths this season, so prediction #3 is probably good but still up in the air. (Covid-19/Wuhan coronavirus mortality appears to be no longer accelerating in the USA, but it's far too early to celebrate.)

======

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Don't believe my reviews? Read some examples for yourself!

The Covid-19 aid/stimulus bill (CARES Act) just passed. What's in it?

Here's how the $1200 payments work...plus APOCALYPSE QUIETLY POSTPONED

ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly
    So, nothing will stop you, right? As it gets worse and worse , you just keep on keeping on. You really sound like a maniac. And you're bordering on near criminal activity with this shit. Stop, just stop. It's obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You are 100% wrong. Triage of ICU beds and ventilators is happening. It's got nothing to due with orangeman hatred.
    Spats has his ear to the ground, and knows what's really going on. No need to be alarmed, everyone head back to business as usual.

Spats, did you even watch that entire CBS news bit? Because I don’t think it was saying what you think it was saying. I could be wrong, though.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Alright, so not trying to be paranoid or anything but I live in Golden, CO and since the state of emergency was declared in CO there are a ton of military helicopters flying around. Black hawks, chinooks, etc. They are flying low, in and out of the the I-70 mountain coridor.

Easy explanation is CO national gaurd being activated and staging, but I do wonder where they are headed and what they are up to.
    Don't sweat it. It's just the National Guard doing some heli skiing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    yeah BD, where ya been? bit late to the party here man

what else do you have to do???
    I'm practicing "social distancing"...

Practice makes perfect, but stay safe J... don't envy your job now. Hopefully we all get thru this in one piece.

EDIT: Read back a few (100 or so) pages... some great and actually useful stuff. Thanks mags.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 04-01-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Dr Spats the prophet of our times:

"I'm growing confident enough to make a few predictions:
    That Covid-19 is not the end of the world;
    That our President and our government has addressed it more promptly and effectively than Europe, the UK, and most of the Western world, and that we will suffer less accordingly;
    That Covid-19, in the USA, will end up killing fewer Americans than this season's flu"

-----

Hey fucktard
    - no one said this is the end of the world - "predicting it's not the end of the world" doesn't make you a genius
    - what the fuck do you mean Europe, the UK, and most of the Western World - hey shit for brains expanding the list out like that doesn't make it more impressive - Europe + the UK, and the US *are* most of the western world - hey do you see New Zealand, Austrailia, or Canada on your deaths per capita chart there? Why not?
    - it's not just about pure death numbers - it's also the cost that covid has to keep people who wouldn't die from the reular flu alive in order to survive this infection - the fact that your pea brain only sees things as dead or alive statistics is telling

Hey Spats - any more cutting edge advice for all the front line health care workers who come to the padded room to hear from you about new medical developments and protocols they should be adopting in their hospitals? Oh your honor - yes I followed the guidelines laid out for me when treating the recently deceased patient. What guidelines? The ones from Spats. In the padded room. It's a forum on TGR. No it's for like skiers and stuff.

What with all the breathless media reports of "US LEADS THE WORLD IN DEATHS!!11!!",
    Huh? Please provide at least one example.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've never heard the term "buff" used for a neck gaiter before this thread as far as I recall. Weird.
    They are called face buffs. Like when you fish on flats or a skiff boat, you cover with a face buff. Covers neck and ears also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a dickey, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's a dickey, dammit.
    You wear a dickey but not shorts?

Holy shit, were going to invade Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    You wear a dickey but not shorts?
    I ski/live in the PNW, it's never cold enough for a buff, or hot enough for shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    No worries, just keep telling people no need to wash their groceries, we’ll all be fine. It certainly won’t result in any more work for your wife at all.
    That’s fucked up.
    I washed my groceries today.

Only because wife was at work. And asked me to.
    I told her imma lick door handles

But I decided to wash groceries instead.

What a weird world
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    You laugh..... until you need us.
    Lawyers are one of those vampiric pyroses resulting from social dysfunction.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What’s the worst that could happen, eh?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Lawyers are one of those vampiric pyroses resulting from social dysfunction.
    I think I would take issue with this statement if I understood it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Right went to watch nightly briefing and found this is our most pressing concern

You see it is like this.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

What with all the breathless media reports of "US LEADS THE WORLD IN DEATHS!!11!!", it's important to remember that 1. China lies, and 2. The USA is a lot bigger than Spain.

Here's a chart of death rates by country, PER CAPITA, as of today. For the daily updated figures, go here:
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    Attachment 323230

It's also important to remember that literally no one is dying due to lack of essential medical supplies, including ventilators, and that rumors of triage/DNR orders in the USA are also false. All such reports are media-created hoaxes. Dr. Birx finally unloads on the media for spreading them:
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48641...media-coverage

Here's Gov. Cuomo admitting that he has 2000 FEMA ventilators in a warehouse, but hasn't distributed them because "hospitals don't need them yet": https://twitter.com/i/status/1243899847394164736

And I'll just leave this here:
    "After learning that the state's stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had."
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...an_142685.html

This too:
    California once had mobile hospitals and a ventilator stockpile. But it dismantled them
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ls-ventilators
    They were ready to roll whenever disaster struck California: three 200-bed mobile hospitals that could be deployed to the scene of a crisis on flatbed trucks and provide advanced medical care to the injured and sick within 72 hours.
    But the ambitious effort, which would have been vital as the state confronts the new coronavirus today, hit a wall: a brutal recession, a free fall in state revenues — and in 2011, the administration of a fiscally minded Democratic governor, Jerry Brown, who came into office facing a $26-billion deficit. And so, that year, the state cut off the money to store and maintain the stockpile of supplies and the mobile hospitals.

Of course, none of this stops the media from showing you pictures of overwhelmed Italian hospitals and claiming they're from New York!
    First, skip to 1:20:

Now watch this footage from Sky News, dated three days earlier. Skip to 0:20:

Remember, this is the same news media that ran footage of the Knob Creek gun range in Kentucky and claimed it was from Syria:

Yes, the media is deliberately lying to you in order to make you panic and blame #orangeman.

====

Meanwhile, the hospital Dr. Raoult works at is continuing to treat patients with the Plaquenil/Z-pack combination therapy. Over 1500 patients later, they've had...one death.
    Archived because their site is overloaded: https://archive.is/KtpGr
    Original link: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/covid-19/

(Note that the media continues to call it "hydroxychloroquine", because they know that millions of patients in the USA know the drug as "Plaquenil", and they don't want people to realize that it's been around forever and we all probably know at least one person who takes it every day for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.)

Bonus: lifesaving drugs are no longer illegal in Michigan!

Michigan governor flips on experimental coronavirus treatments and asks Trump for drugs
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rump-for-drugs

=====

I stand by my predictions from over two weeks ago:

Based on the "deaths per capita" chart I linked above, prediction #2 is looking extremely accurate so far.
    CDC currently estimates 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths this season, so prediction #3 is probably good but still up in the air. (Covid-19/Wuhan coronavirus mortality appears to be no longer accelerating in the USA, but it's far too early to celebrate.)

======

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Don't believe my reviews? Read some examples for yourself!

The Covid-19 aid/stimulus bill (CARES Act) just passed. What's in it?

Here's how the $1200 payments work...plus APOCALYPSE QUIETLY POSTPONED

ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    You are confused. Even setting aside the public health risk, the illegal exotic animal trade is abhorrent and that has nothing to do ethnicity. China has a growing animal rights movement, in a country that barely allows political dissent, and there's growing support for animal welfare laws. Many people in China are calling for a permanent ban on the trade of wild meat.

It's a mistake to think all the people in a group, or a country, or politically all hold the same uniform views.
    No, you're confused. I'm calling out you and your Texan pard for your self-congratulatory calling out the obvious and well-known as if doing so lifts you above the rabble or makes a valuable point. Since it's just repeated information, the only rhetorical effect is to be one more clown screaming CHINA, which leads directly to, for example,

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/victim...ns-speaks-out/

So maybe you don't think you're an idiot who attacks the Chinese-American citizens going about their lives, but what other effect is your (or the Asshat Texan's) constant banging of the gong of Chinese Complicity in Our Misery going to have?

So shut the fuck up.

Link, I do not see that anywhere. And ya, more dumpfuckery from the Orangehouse, I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    So maybe you don't think you're an idiot who attacks the Chinese-American citizens going about their lives, but what other effect is your (or the Asshat Texan's) constant banging of the gong of Chinese Complicity in Our Misery going to have?

So shut the fuck up.
    “banging of the gong”?

Rearry? That’s wascist.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    No, you're confused. I'm calling out you and your Texan pard for your self-congratulatory calling out the obvious and well-known as if doing so lifts you above the rabble or makes a valuable point. Since it's just repeated information, the only rhetorical effect is to be one more clown screaming CHINA, which leads directly to, for example,

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/victim...ns-speaks-out/

So shut the fuck up.

As others have said, and I’ve said, we aren’t hating on Asians or Chinese mainlanders as a whole, but rather hating on this wet market farming of wild animals in this manner which caused a global pandemic and has caused epidemics previously. If there’s any disinformation in this video, please do let us know.