Page 1316 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... LastLast
Results 32,876 to 32,900 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Anyone who still believes in the inherent decency of humanity is gullible as fuck. Americans are a particularly vile cultural manifestation of a objectively horrid species.
    Way to self loathe there, buddy. Sounds like you haven't been around much. Not saying we're perfect but there are FAAAAAR worse examples of cultural vileness around the world. Go spend a month in the C.A.R. or South Sudan and get back to us about how you feel about Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Way to self loathe there, buddy. Sounds like you haven't been around much. Not saying we're perfect but there are FAAAAAR worse examples of cultural vileness around the world. Go spend a month in the C.A.R. or South Sudan and get back to us about how you feel about Americans.
    You’ve probably got a couple friends there. Why don’t you regale us with stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    1. Weld Co Commissioners have been acting like a bunch of asses for a months.

2. At one point Longmonts elected officials were saying they wanted to ban any patients coming from counties defying CDPHE

3. Always use The Sun. Denver Post will give your computer the Rona.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You’ve probably got a couple friends there. Why don’t you regale us with stories?

This country has the financial means and infrastructure to do something but chooses not to.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    well fuck if we’re hanging presidents that didn’t keep their promises, you’d have to hang Obama and all the other previous presidents too... but that doesn’t fit the democratic agenda so I understand why you’re blind that both republican and democratic presidents have lied and, depending on your views, have not performed to the extent the said they would.
    Yeah dude. They do all lie. But not like the current one. Stop making stupid false equivalence statement. This guy lies many times a day. He repeats the lie when it is shown to be a lie. He lies about the election, which he lost handedly. He lies about stupid shit, like the size of his crowds. And important shit like the dangers of this virus.

If you think this is at all the same as all the other presidents you are even dumber that you often sound on this board.

But, hey, if being a Trump sheeple pleases you, keep it up. And forget claiming you are not a trumptard if you can not see the difference in this potus from all the others.
    Last edited by Ottime; 12-31-2020 at 02:08 PM.

It isn't worth wasting the energy. Trump is King of the assholes. They are sticking with him until he dies. You can't convince them no matter how hard you try.

I’d like to say this, about that.

I have travelled to 65 countries, most on a severe budget, and interacted with some of the poorest people in the world, from Cambodia to Bolivia. I have been humbled by their generosity and honesty.

On almost a daily basis I now interact with people who can barely read or write. Remarkably, THEY GET IT when it comes to COVID precautions.

That so many in the so-called first world DON’T get it, is a clear sign that education and prosperity are no guarantees of intelligence or respect for fellow man.

Shame on the self-centered privileged pricks, of which Trump is certainly the grossest example.

Well, I just got the call. I've been exposed. My buddy who broke his leg just got test results back and he apparently was exposed during his hospital stay and I picked him up from there and helped him get into his house. Fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Well, I just got the call. I've been exposed. My buddy who broke his leg just got test results back and he apparently was exposed during his hospital stay and I picked him up from there and helped him get into his house. Fucking great.
    Hospital acquired COVID should be a rare thing because patients and caregivers are wearing masks, plus caregivers are being screened...

He was exposed... but does he have COVID? If not, then you aren't exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Hospital acquired COVID should be a rare thing because patients and caregivers are wearing masks, plus caregivers are being screened...

I read “got test results back” as positive for COVID.

As we’ve managed quarantining, cutting off the second degree exposure has been key to sanity, but it’s still hard not to qualify it in some circumstances of close and sustained contact to somebody with close and sustained contact to a confirmed case.
    focus.

Refresh from Nov 28
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Feeling really downhearted about the sad state of affairs from Covid deniers to people claiming massive voter fraud it's all too much anymore.

Report out today estimate 30K American alive on T-day will be dead by Christmas due to Covid. Meanwhile more and more restaurants refuse to close their dine-in service and protests grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I'll take over 40K. Likely north of 50K. We're running 1500 dead per day, 28 days to Christmas, that makes 42K. Also, the recent 4x cases has only produced 2x deaths to date, so it's reasonable to expect daily dying doubling to 3000ish by Christmas. Do I hear a bid for 60K? That's my call - 60K+ and total above 320K.

Sorry. On the plus side, there will still be about 340 million of us on Santa's list.
    Digging up an old prediction.
    Thanksgiving, Nov 26, 263k dead Americans
    Christmas, Dec 25, 329k dead Americans
    delta of 66K. Them folks writing reports oughta talk to me first
    Daily dying hasn't exceeded 3,000 yet (often does on individual days, but not on 7-day average), so uh... good job team?

Daily dying shows a recent downtrend, though that could be delayed reporting due to holidays. We saw that at Thanksgiving too. So, a silver (gray?) lining maybe.

</cold data> Sucks to be us. Sorry.

FYI, the monoclonal antibodies are somewhat more available than expected. Theoretically best taken very early in disease course. There is some controversy whether they are useful, though dear leader claims they are a cure.

WSJ - When monoclonal antibody therapies from Eli Lilly LLY 0.26% & Co. and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. REGN -1.22% were approved for emergency use in November, health agencies were worried there wouldn’t be enough supply to meet demand. Now, health-care providers are administering just 20% of the doses they receive each week, according to officials with Operation Warp Speed, the federal initiative to support development of new drugs, vaccines and diagnostics for Covid-19.

Monoclonal antibodies, which are also used to treat other diseases, work by taking a page from the body’s own natural antibody defenses, targeting specific spots on intruding pathogens. Eli Lilly’s bamlanivimab and Regeneron’s casirivimab-and-imdevimab cocktail target the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and are injected intravenously. Early trial data of the therapies found they could reduce hospitalization or emergency visits among high-risk patients.
    I also looked at an FDA press release, which oddly said little about whether the monoclonals reduced viral load. Reduced viral load was the primary study endpoint, and supposedly why they should work. YMMV. Hope you didn't catch it, or your back alley vaccine works.

Does testing positive to a Covid test mean a person has Covid? I think so. I carried the guy into his house.

I believe I've been exposed.

FYI, the monoclonal antibodies are somewhat more available than expected. Theoretically best taken very early in disease course. There is some controversy whether they are useful, though dear leader claims they are a cure.

I also looked at an FDA press release, which oddly said little about whether the monoclonals reduced viral load. Reduced viral load was the primary study endpoint, and supposedly why they should work. YMMV. Hope you didn't catch it, or your back alley vaccine works.
    Yeah, I'm hoping that back alley vaccine works but it theoretically lost efficacy about 45 days ago. I heard hospitals aren't doing antibodies because they're too busy with their patient loads to monitor those who should be getting antibodies. That sucks. I also feel sick. Big body ache, nausea, and got the shits. Doing a home test later.

And idea how long you test positive after all symptoms are gone?

I'm at 19 days after infection and still tested positive

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Does testing positive to a Covid test mean a person has Covid? I think so. I carried the guy into his house.

Yeah, I'm hoping tha back alley vaccine works but it theoretically lost efficacy about 45 days ago. I heard hospitals aren't doing antibodies because hey're too busy with their patient loads to monitor those who should be getting antibodies. That sucks. I also feel sick. Big body ache, nausea, and got the shits. Doing a home test later.
    The antibodies are an intravenous infusion--people have to be hospitalized, and these are people who otherwise wouldn't need to be so if a hospital is swamped they get sent home, if they even show up in the first place. If we wanted to increase the use of antibodies we would have to advertise and encourage people with moderate symptoms to come in for antibodies. Nobody seems to want to do that right now. Overwhelmed health care/public health system is probably part of the reason for the slow vaccine roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    And idea how long you test positive after all symptoms are gone?

I'm at 19 days after infection and still tested positive
    Depends, but it can be that way for a long time as in many weeks. However, post-infection positive PCR tests are NOT the same as still being contagious as you can still shed fragments of genetic material that are targets for a PCR while not shedding replication competent virus.

IF you are >+10 days from symptom onset (or post positive test if asymptomatic) AND symptoms are generally improved AND fever free for 24+ hours without taking fever reducing meds, then you are not contagious and do not need to isolate further UNLESS you are profoundly immunosuppressed or had severe/critical illness in which case use the above criteria, except 20 days instead of 10.

Anyone still using negative tests for clearance is many months out of date on evidenced based practice.

Yes and yes. That sucks man.

Vibes for you and your buddy. Heal up. And you know the old saying, no good deed goes unpunished...

Yeah, I'm hoping that back alley vaccine works but it theoretically lost efficacy about 45 days ago. I heard hospitals aren't doing antibodies because they're too busy with their patient loads to monitor those who should be getting antibodies. That sucks. I also feel sick. Big body ache, nausea, and got the shits. Doing a home test later.
    These guys were doing bambam a month ago. Looks like they're in Fallon
    https://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/ba...ears-capacity/

These guys were doing bambam a month ago. Looks like they're in Fallon
    https://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/ba...ears-capacity/
    Bambam.... I thought that was snorting cocaine and gunpower mixed together. heh.

That's good info, though. Thanks, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Vibes for you and your buddy. Heal up. And you know the old saying, no good deed goes unpunished...
    Yeah, huh.....

Depends, but it can be that way for a long time as in many weeks. However, post-infection positive PCR tests are NOT the same as still being contagious as you can still shed fragments of genetic material that are targets for a PCR while not shedding replication competent virus.

IF you are >+10 days from symptom onset (or post positive test if asymptomatic) AND symptoms are generally improved AND fever free for 24+ hours without taking fever reducing meds, then you are not contagious and do not need to isolate further UNLESS you are profoundly immunosuppressed or had severe/critical illness in which case use the above criteria, except 20 days instead of 10.

Anyone still using negative tests for clearance is many months out of date on evidenced based practice.

Don’t trust that 10 day shit. My son came to my house 11 days after symptom onset, he felt fine, and I ended up with Covid.

From the “covid roll call” thread, it appears like a few maggots and families (name redacted and bobmc) have followed this protocol and not been successful. bobmc is current sick from his son released post-quarantine and name redacted infected his wife post- quarantine.

We got that call yesterday.

My daughter’s boyfriend and his entire family tested positive. She saw him 12/26, the day before anyone in his family had symptoms, he still has no symptoms.

Assuming the worst we all got tested yesterday, rapid came back negative on all of us. Waiting on PCR results before we re-enter the general population even though the tech said the rapid test is reliable.
    Stressful day yesterday to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Don’t trust that 10 day shit. My son came to my house 11 days after symptom onset, he felt fine, and I ended up with Covid.
    You been skiing right? Can't say for sure who the vector is?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

It is not impossible to spread from mild cases past 10 days if symptom free, but it is very unlikely. However, it is natural to recognize the obvious as an assumed source of infection.

It is far more likely that there was an unrealized exposure or exposure from another source in the preceding 14 days.
    I don't mean that in a disparaging way by any means, just an expert view of personal anecdote vs a body of peer reviewed science.

If you want to read the summary of the evidence that serves as rationale for the time based clearance, here is where you can start with CDC isolation guidance.

The best single read is this meta-analysis of 79 SARS-CoV-2 studies in The Lancet
    • Although SARS-CoV-2 RNA shedding in respiratory and stool samples can be prolonged, duration of viable virus is relatively short-lived.
    • No study detected live virus beyond day 9 of illness, despite persistently high viral loads
    • Mean duration of SARS-CoV-2 RNA shedding was 17·0 days" <-and there is your positive PCR test post infection while not contagious

Some other key reads:

No transmission past day +5 for mild (contact traced and tested): https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2765641

Of course we do have transmission past day 5 particularly in people who are symptomatic longer and even demonstrable replication competent virus shedding to day 9... long than that and it was associated with more serious illness: Severe/Critical: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....08.20125310v1

Cultural virus to 9 days: https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2008457

Possible but unlikely after day 8-9 in mild cases: https://www.idhjournal.com.au/articl...028-6/fulltext

Also:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...172-5/fulltext
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0877-5
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2196-x
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2762688
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/nejmc2001737
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7158902/

A slightly more conservative approach is taken by WHO (big PDF), basically they say "For symptomatic patients: 10 days after symptom onset, plus at least 3 days without symptoms ... viral shedding of up to 9 days for mild patients and up to 20 days in hospitalized patients."

Cliff note? This shit lingers?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"