Page 573 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,325 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

A Republican state representative from Idaho is facing criticism after she blasted Gov. Brad Little's (R) stay-at-home order in a recent interview and compared the mandates categorizing certain workers as nonessential to those of Nazi Germany.

"I mean, that's no different than Nazi Germany, where you had government telling people, 'You are an essential worker or a nonessential worker,' and the nonessential workers got put on a train," Idaho state Rep. Heather Scott said last Thursday during an appearance on a podcast called "The Jess Fields Show."

Later in the interview, Scott also claimed that some Idaho residents upset with the stay-at-home order had begun calling the state's governor "Little Hitler."

"I mean, they're already calling him 'Little Hitler, Governor Little Hitler,'" Scott said.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Meh,

The US is leading the world both in positive cases and in tests administered. We'll be at 1.5% of the population by Wed.

Per capita we're in the top 5 for tests administered and #10 for deaths.
    US “leading the world” means nada.

Even based on your figures, we will have only tested 1.5% and we are not yet at peak - we are flying blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'm still having a hard time visualizing people not immediately jumping up and cramming the aisle at destination.

I never understand that shit.....

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Solid arguement
    Attachment 325957
    I've seen Libety's act. She's got a good voice, but needs to work on her dancing.

So sure, let's have the tranny come out and do a number.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Whoever painted that sign must have some strange affliction where they must omit a single letter from every word.
    Or a speech impediment
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    whenever posting something making fun of someone else's spelling, first rule of the internet is triple check that your spelling is correct.
    Haa oh shit

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^ Autocorrect is my worst enema.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    ^^^ Autocorrect is my worst enema.
    You guys are blasting his spelling purely on the basis of circumcisional evidence. Shame on you

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    whenever posting something making fun of someone else's spelling, first rule of the internet is triple check that your spelling is correct.
    Haha...
    No,shit.

Anyway...the sign reminds me of this classic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0625.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	325964

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The poor and out of work collecting unemployment or disability. I mean, at least drug test them. Can't have those folks scamming the system, those lazy SOB's! But this tangent should be in the Stock Market Tanking thread....
    Can we drug test all the CEOs and board members who are taking bailouts?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Can we drug test all the CEOs and board members who are taking bailouts?
    Hah. Love that.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I've gotta say ...

I can usually visualize the path out of complex situations like these even if the outcome is negative. For CV19, I just can't wrap my head around all of the moving parts and uncertainly of their direction. Hurts my brain.
    That's your problem, don't use your brain, use your gut to work out these complex problems. It just might get you elected POTUS.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I take a different message out of this, assuming it's true, which is highly questionable. Assuming the Santa Clara number is reasonably close to an average for the country--obviously higher in NYC, Detroit, NOLA, lower in some rural places (a questionable assumption but bear with me) that means that something that has infected 2-4% of the population has killed 40,000 + people. That means there are 96-98% of the population still susceptible, with no vaccine, no treatment, and no reason to believe that, unlike the flu, it will die down during the summer. How many of those still susceptible will eventually get the bug. If only 30% that's still hundreds of thousands of deaths. And there's no guarantee of a vaccine or a treatment, ever. So maybe more than 30%, maybe a lot more. To me that study is frightening, not reassuring.
    Every theory is only that until proven. With that, the theory is LA and SF/Santa Clara have huge Chinese immigrant populations and were likely exposed months ago. If that is true the R0 would be a lot lower than calculated and the death rate 50-85 times lower. Very much like the flu to possibly doubly as bad. Stanford did the test, they're no dummies. Now I'd also say the Santa Clara folks are typically younger and overall pretty fit comparatively to other parts of the country (my personal calc, no science. )

You have to assume three months ago most people didn't go to the emergency room when they got the flu. My wife was sick AF in Jan with no trip to the hospital.

I say its plausible.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Chinese Rat Flu

So why has it been exponentially worse in NY? Don’t know just curious.

And by the symptoms, I’m one of the many that wonder “did my kid/us have this in January ?” I’ve thought about it, but kinda on the “no we didn’t” camp slightly

And why is Bernie Propane such a Chinese Shill?

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    So why has it been exponentially worse in NY? Don’t know just curious.

And by the symptoms, I’m one of the many that wonder “did my kid/us have this in January ?” I’ve thought about it, but kinda on the “no we didn’t” camp slightly
    population density, lots of old people, not that healthy and I personally think that adding a ton of stress to a really bad flu does not help either. People that get it say the mental affect was substantial, scared shitless.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Humans have fucked up metrics for defining heros. Bet you very few on this board can tell me who these three people are without the name underneath and most importantly what they did for mankind. Science needs better PR apparently.

Attachment 325947
    Edward Jenner
    Smallpox vaccine
    Saved >500M lives

Attachment 325948
    Paul Erlich
    Diphtheria and Tetanus Antitoxin
    Saved >40M lives

Attachment 325949
    Jonas Salk
    Polio vaccine
    Saved >1M lives
    That's unfair--I knew Salk and Ehrlich personally but Jenner was a little before my time. It's not enough to know who he was, you have to know what he looked like?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

A Republican state representative from Idaho is facing criticism after she blasted Gov. Brad Little's (R) stay-at-home order in a recent interview and compared the mandates categorizing certain workers as nonessential to those of Nazi Germany.

"I mean, that's no different than Nazi Germany, where you had government telling people, 'You are an essential worker or a nonessential worker,' and the nonessential workers got put on a train," Idaho state Rep. Heather Scott said last Thursday during an appearance on a podcast called "The Jess Fields Show."

Later in the interview, Scott also claimed that some Idaho residents upset with the stay-at-home order had begun calling the state's governor "Little Hitler."

"I mean, they're already calling him 'Little Hitler, Governor Little Hitler,'" Scott said.
    Somebody has to tell the nice lady that many Jews were used as slave labor by the Reich, so, you know, essential workers. Not that she would really care. She'd probably check Jews with long hair to see if there were little horns under there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    population density, lots of old people, not that healthy and I personally think that adding a ton of stress to a really bad flu does not help either. People that get it say the mental affect was substantial, scared shitless.
    It's population density, just stop there. There's plenty of old people everywhere. And, believe it or not, New Yorkers in general are relatively healthy, because they walk a ton more than the rest of America, and work hard on top of that. Not like the obese yahoos driving around in pickup trucks across the Hudson and beyond, so lazy they cant even get out of their cars to walk into a Macdonalds, they drive up to a window for their sugar and fat and salt meals and consume them on a sagging couch watching stupidity on their flat screen.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    And why is Bernie Propane such a Chinese Shill?
    Profane and Profane Accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's unfair--I knew Salk and Ehrlich personally but Jenner was a little before my time. It's not enough to know who he was, you have to know what he looked like?
    Wow..impressed OG.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's population density, just stop there. There's plenty of old people everywhere. And, believe it or not, New Yorkers in general are relatively healthy, because they walk a ton more than the rest of America, and work hard on top of that. Not like the obese yahoos driving around in pickup trucks across the Hudson and beyond, so lazy they cant even get out of their cars to walk into a Macdonalds, they drive up to a window for their sugar and fat and salt meals and consume them on a sagging couch watching stupidity on their flat screen.
    Ok, I understand the population density. I get that.
    My question was more about the idea that CV19 “has been here a long time”.
    If that’s true, then why did it take so long to see NYC, NOLA, to get to the current crisis levels etc...
    I’ve wondered if “it’s been here a long time” , but I think if it actually was , then we would have seen the NYC et al, situation develop earlier..
    As I pointed out, I’ve wondered if it was here earlier, but I’m doubting that because I think the crisis situations would have presented earlier if it was.

Chinese Rat Flu

Have to admit, the Georgia decision is popcorn worthy.

My VP lives in Georgia, and on our call this morning he was slightly encouraging me to see if people would be willing to have sit down meetings outside, where I could find a table.

I had a lot of. Uhh Huhh, uhh huh..

We aren’t on the same page.

Ehrlich died in 1915. OG older than I thought.

Big mistake.... re-opening day-cares on the 27th? There is no way to mitigate the spread between a bunch of infants and toddlers.

_____

Gov. Jared Polis on Monday laid out more detailed guidelines for Colorado’s reopening after the statewide coronavirus stay-at-home order expires April 26.

Retailers will have the option to open May 1, Polis said, as long as they have social-distancing policies in place. Business offices can reopen the following Monday, May 4, he said, although he added telecommuting should be maximized as much as possible, particularly with older employees.

Restaurants and bars will stay closed initially but might be allowed to open in mid-May, he said. Schools will not reopen immediately. Personal service providers, like hair salons, will be able to reopen with some precautions on April 27, such as hair stylists wearing masks. One-on-one real estate showings — though not open houses — and child care can restart then, too.

The state will need to shift from staying-at-home to being “safer at home,” Polis said, warning that Colorado’s reopening will be a long, painstaking process even after the order lifts.