Page 1084 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 ... LastLast
Results 27,076 to 27,100 of 41810
    Haha fool. Social Media Mensa.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    i do not see that happening as deaths that are exclusively Covid 19 are less than 10,000; according to the CDC.
    https://drbartlettpear.com/2020/08/3...ries-entry-11/

Actually, no one dies of COVID.

"Lordy…is anyone even still with me here? If you are (and props to you, by the way), you’ve probably figured out that a death certificate with ONLY the diagnosis of Sars-CoV-2 doesn’t even make sense. Jennifer didn’t go from perfectly healthy to dead from Covid-19 without SOMETHING HAPPENING in the interim. When people die from Covid-19, they die because the virus has caused something to go very wrong in their body. I would go so far as to argue that the doctors completing the death certificates on those 6% without any other factors listed were either 1) in a hurry, 2) lazy or 3) didn’t understand how to fill out a death certificate in the first place. I would be embarrassed to submit such a half-assed death certificate, personally!"

^^That's a really good write-up, thanks for posting it.

Also, thanks to skouger for providing an example of why math is such an important foundational tool. Most misinformation isn't lying about some obscure gene, it's just taking advantage of the almost incredible level of ignorance that's out there.

For skougs: I'm sure you're afraid to, but if you cite a source someone will probably help you understand what's wrong with that conclusion. Only 2 states out of ~55 states and territories are not showing excess deaths since February on the CDC website, so if your numbers are not made up they're probably lagging, which is normal: it takes 1-8+ weeks for data to make it into the official counts, apparently longer these days. But obviously we can't assume you're quoting anything official (or otherwise).

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    https://drbartlettpear.com/2020/08/3...ries-entry-11/

Actually, no one dies of COVID.

"Lordy…is anyone even still with me here? If you are (and props to you, by the way), you’ve probably figured out that a death certificate with ONLY the diagnosis of Sars-CoV-2 doesn’t even make sense. Jennifer didn’t go from perfectly healthy to dead from Covid-19 without SOMETHING HAPPENING in the interim. When people die from Covid-19, they die because the virus has caused something to go very wrong in their body. I would go so far as to argue that the doctors completing the death certificates on those 6% without any other factors listed were either 1) in a hurry, 2) lazy or 3) didn’t understand how to fill out a death certificate in the first place. I would be embarrassed to submit such a half-assed death certificate, personally!"
    Here's a link to a standard death certificate form. Note that the instructions say to list the underlying cause of death LAST (their caps, not mine, also boldfaced).
    https://www.signnow.com/jsfiller-des...9eb838ec43b555
    A typical death certificate for someone dying of Covid might look like this:
    a) respiratory failure
    b) viral pneumonia
    c) Covid-19
    d) [blank]

Part II might read: diabetes mellitus, coronary artery disease, hypertension

If someone (an internist) wanted to really anal about it they might list d) as "SARS-CoV-2 infection". Someone less anal (a surgeon) might skip viral pneumonia.

In any case--if you want to know what really killed the person you have to look at the last thing listed. And all that assumes that the doc wasn't too busy to worry about filling out the form correctly.

Also note that epidemiologic statistics can be compiled from different sources with different results--from death certificates is one way. Another is from hospital records, usually from coded diagnoses--and the coding is done by coders in the basement of the hospital reading the charts, not by doctors.

Ever see "Cause of Death" listed as Hit by Car?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

isnt respiratory failure the cause of all deaths ?

cleaning fish with a vet/ pathologist so i asked how that salmon had died ... ran into a gillnet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

cleaning fish with a vet/ pathologist so i asked how that salmon had died ... ran into a gillnet
    I’ve often wondered what criteria are used for a call of cardiac arrest. It would seem to cover a wide range of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Ever see "Cause of Death" listed as Hit by Car?
    Sure. I'd use fancier words like "pedestrian injured in motor vehicle accident"
    In medical terms "respiratory failure" doesn't mean someone stopped breathing. It means their lungs aren't oxygenating the blood and eliminating CO2 effectively. You're thinking of "respiratory arrest". Just like "cardiac failure" means the heart isn't beating effectively, while "cardiac arrest" means the heart stopping. "Respiratory arrest" could be an appropriate cause of death in some situations. Eg a) respiratory arrest, due to b) administration of a paralytic agent. When I was a medical school 10 patients at the VA in Ann Arbor were murdered by someone injecting them with a muscle paralyzing drug. 2 nurses were tried and acquitted. No one knows who did it. In general though cardiac or respiratory arrest when it is the end point of an ongoing deteriorating process should be avoided as a diagnosis.

That dude in Scanners?

Meanwhile, the party is on in FL.
    Daniel Uhlfelder (@DWUhlfelderLaw) Tweeted:
    DeSantis opened all Florida bars Friday. They are celebrating at Elbo Room in Fort Lauderdale https://t.co/9Fx9qFvAS6

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’ve often wondered what criteria are used for a call of cardiac arrest. It would seem to cover a wide range of circumstances.
    Cardiac arrest as a diagnosis is that a patient who is reasonably stable suddenly has their heart stop, perhaps after a heart attack, or while exercising. If somebody's heart stops after a long worsening course of respiratory failure--so that there is no long enough oxygen in the blood to sustain life--I would not call it cardiac arrest, I would call it death. In the first case CPR is appropriate; in the second it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    That dude in Scanners?

Meanwhile, the party is on in FL.
    Daniel Uhlfelder (@DWUhlfelderLaw) Tweeted:
    DeSantis opened all Florida bars Friday. They are celebrating at Elbo Room in Fort Lauderdale https://t.co/9Fx9qFvAS6
    Then there's that one bartender wearing a face shield.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Then there's that one bartender wearing a face shield.
    It's an efficient way for him to funnel his COVID breath down into all the drinks he makes.

"What killed yer Pa, son?"
    "Living"

Ft. Lauderdale was founded on partying.

Redfield became a stooge the second he fellated trump on camera. That won't save him, he'll be gone this week. Let's see if he goes quietly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-task-n1241221

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Wife and I both got tested today, her in the morning and me in the afternoon. It’s typically a drive-thru, but today, due to the heat, it was inside a gym. There were 4 people working in the gym, and one of them had “rn” on her name tag. The others just had their name. The RN was working close (shoulder to shoulder at a laptop) to the others, talking, and not wearing a mask. The other employees/testers were wearing surgical masks and protective goggles (not face shield). This all seemed like pretty poor PPE. The people “behind” me in line were getting tested in their car because they felt too bad to get out and walk inside the building....
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 09-28-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39182D0F-4483-4655-BFB1-C21D573DC95D.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	929.7 KB 
ID:	341735

“It’s just a flu.”

“We shoulda just done Sweden”

“Doctors are being paid more to call deaths Covid related”

“Hydroxychloroquine is the cure but there’s no money in it so its being suppressed. Plus the media just wants people to die to own #orangeman.”

Just some of the gems posted here (multiple times) to mark the momentous but very sad occasion of 1 million dead in less than a year.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yeah, it's getting out of hand in Quebec and Ontario.

Damn college kids and their not giving a shit.

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Per NY Times, in the last seven days, Quebec has 55 new cases per 100,000. Alberta is next at 25. Compare to the US, there are only 13 states with 55 or less. For instance, Washington, which is considered to be doing well compared to the rest of the US, is at 50.

So Canada locks down at 55, and the US keeps rolling along.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Per NY Times, in the last seven days, Quebec has 55 new cases per 100,000. Alberta is next at 25. Compare to the US, there are only 13 states with 55 or less. For instance, Washington, which is considered to be doing well compared to the rest of the US, is at 50.

So Canada locks down at 55, and the US keeps rolling along.
    Fucking amazing how bad the US has botched this.