Page 1479 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... LastLast
Results 36,951 to 36,975 of 41810
    If people want Ivermectin and HCQ, just give it to them. Not worth getting killed or even hassled over. And while we're at it, ask them what else they want--ventilator? Iv fluids--which fluid and how much? steroids? Get them to sign a statement that they wish to determine their medical treatment and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Well said. People just don't understand it because the shared experience of severe pandemic disease is a faded memory at best, and non-existent for most of the western world.

Guns Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies was absolutely on target (and a fascinating read), but I disagree that it was "over-deterministic." It is fantastic scholarship and should be required reading for high school history, and his follow on book, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Succeed or Fail, should be required reading for high school civics, or literally any American. The author is amazing in his expertise over the diverse subjects needed to discuss the core ideas of his work.
    ^^^Agreed.
    In my own world, my older sister (born 1948) contracted polio, Ms TBS contracted TB while living in Phoenix in late 1950's, and one of my great uncles died in the 1918 pandemic. I can't imagine how there would be 7 billion people on this planet without modern vaccines.

And besides Guns/Germs/Steel and Collapse I think both 1491 and 1493 should be required reading.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

I think both 1491 and 1493 should be required reading.
    Thanks- added to the “to read” pile

Could Covid Lead to Progress? https://nyti.ms/3xb62TI

"What about the more subtle psychological legacy of Covid? How will it change the way we perceive the world — and its risks — when the pandemic finally subsides? I have a memory from May of this year, taking my 17-year-old son to the Javits Center in Manhattan for his first vaccine, followed by a shopping trip to pick out a tie for his (masked, outdoor) senior prom. At some point waiting in line, I made a halfhearted joke about how we were embarking on the classic father-son ritual of heading out to the mass vaccination site to protect him from the plague. I meant it ironically, but the truth is that for my son’s generation, proms and plagues will be part of the rituals of growing up.

There is a loss of innocence in that, but also a hard-earned realism: the knowledge that rare high-risk events like pandemics are not just theoretically possible but likely, in an increasingly urban and interconnected world of nearly eight billion people. As a parent, you want to protect your children from unnecessary anxieties, but not when the threat in question is a real one. My son’s generation will forever take pandemics as a basic fact of life, and that assumption, painful as it is, will protect him when the next threat emerges. But maybe, if the science unleashed by this pandemic lives up to its promise, his children — or perhaps his grandchildren — could inherit a world where plagues are a thing of the past."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If people want Ivermectin and HCQ, just give it to them. Not worth getting killed or even hassled over. And while we're at it, ask them what else they want--ventilator? Iv fluids--which fluid and how much? steroids? Get them to sign a statement that they wish to determine their medical treatment and accept the consequences.
    Just give everyone a questionnaire with “list treatments that you want” at admittance and people who ask for ivermectin or HQ are ushered through a door…to the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Well, it isn't as though the populus hasn't been conditioned by drug commercials for over a decade that usually state "ask your doctor if the Acme heart/diabetes/cancer/arthritis/ugly rash drug is right for you!"

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I imagine a lot of blank stares when asked the follow up, ok how much ivermectin do you want? “I’m sorry, I thought you said you did your own research”.

Edit - still no one dead from Omicron? Fingers crossed this holds. Also, haven’t seen this posted yet but apparently it shares code with a coronavirus that causes the common cold. https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-cold-variant/

Infections lag Exposures
    Hospitalizations lag Infections
    Deaths lag Hospitalizations

Come back in 8 weeks and lets see if there are severe cases and deaths. Hopefully not, but the real question is what happens when it makes it to the unvaccinated+uninfected populations in red zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I imagine a lot of blank stares when asked the follow up, ok how much ivermectin do you want? “I’m sorry, I thought you said you did your own research”.

Edit - still no one dead from Omicron? Fingers crossed this holds. Also, haven’t seen this posted yet but apparently it shares code with a coronavirus that causes the common cold. https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-cold-variant/
    Not ragging on you, but holy hell is that supposition is less than razor thin and should never have been picked up by any news outlets, it's based on some big hypotheticals using in silico analyses and self-published without any review from a private small biotech co.

title: Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2 harbors a unique insertion mutation of putative viral or human genomic origin

NCBI BLAST search to identify homologs to nucleotide sequence encoding Omicron’s ins214EPE

Aligning the Spike protein nucleotide sequences from Omicron and the reference Wuhan
    SARS-CoV-2 sequences shows that two different nucleotide sequence insertions can give rise to
    the sequencing encoding Omicron’s ins214EPE. These insertion candidates are GAGCCAGAA
    and GCCAGAAGA. A NCBI BLAST search was performed for ‘CGTGAGCCAGAAGAT’ which
    5 includes both the possible insertion candidates (GAGCCAGAA, GCCAGAAGA), using default
    BLAST parameters (word size: 7; match/mismatch: -1/3; gap costs existence/extension: 5/2). The
    search against the database of human genome plus transcriptome database (Human G+T)
    containing 160592 sequences resulted in 763 hits. The search against human coronaviruses —
    HCoV-OC43 (taxid:31631), HCoV-229E (taxid:11137), HCoV-NL63 (taxid:277944), HCoV-229E
    (taxid:11137) — resulted in 709 hits.
    It's a real stretch to imply a 9 nt insertion in Omicron encoding 3 amino acids EPE, a sequence also found 763 times within the human genome, was from a co-infection with HCoV-OC43. The news outlets ran with it and are proclaiming omicron "more like common cold" with decreased virulence because it is now more "OC43" like.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Just say "you do realize HCQ is administered via an injection into your testicles..."

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    <snip> the real question is what happens when it makes it to the unvaccinated+uninfected populations in red zones.
    Oh... I think the virus is going to have a FIELD day when it gets to these places.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Oh... I think the virus is going to have a FIELD day when it gets to these places.
    Scrooge McDuck doing the backstroke in a pile of money. That's how the virus is gonna be.

I don't rely on the Daily Mail for much but this is disheartening:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ious-wave.html

Name:  51357869-10276793-image-a-72_1638701015808.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  72.1 KB

Better CBS article

But luckily there is a cure!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omicron Cure.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	395573
    Last edited by Summit; 12-06-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Say wuht?

It’s science. Look it up.

Fuck, if I finally order that custom Strong titanium with Dura Ace, I'm living forever!

N+1 = V(1/2)

If you want ivermectin here you go:
    https://covid19criticalcare.com/iver...et-ivermectin/
    No need to get fussy about it.
    Those guys have made millions off of prescribing it. People fight over dumb shit that a quick google search will find.

Maybe because for them fighting is half the point

Shit TT, why didn't you just tell them about binging for HCQ on parler before going to the hospital, no one here cares about the link.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

They will probably prescribe hcq too. I wonder if the dr prescribing this stuff believe in it or they want to make money. My link can straight from a google search, not the dark web or anything.

Did not read the rest of your bullshit but when you shove a ultraviolet light up your ass, please do not post pictures.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yo Caitlyn suck it
    Last edited by teletech; 12-06-2021 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Sensitive snowflake

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha

I have my very own stalker.

Please DO post pictures.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I have my very own stalker.

I’ve talked to you many times in that dilapidated shack on lone peak. When you blowhard daily about your life it’s not hard to figure out who you are. Big sky used to be a small place. You seem just as annoying on the internet as you are in real life.