Page 726 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... LastLast
Results 18,126 to 18,150 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’d love to see the model they’ve been hyping claiming 100-240k deaths at the end of this. Not to diminish the seriousness of the overall issue at hand, but I’ve been skeptical of that number from day 1 it was released. Hope I’m right.
    From 4/4, when we were at approx. 10k deaths nationwide.

Boy was I incorrect, at this rate we'll probably be at 150-175k by end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    From 4/4, when we were at approx. 10k deaths nationwide.

Boy was I incorrect, at this rate we'll probably be at 150-175k by July 4, 2020.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Trump aside, the obsession you Canadians have with the US is odd, because most Americans couldn't care less about what happens in Canada. You could block the border, and other than softwood and Christmas tree prices increasing here, I'm not sure what effect it would have.
    2 billion $ worth of goods flow across that boarder every day, aside from trump trying to fuck us over for the last 3 years in trade wars on everything from lumber/beef/pork/car parts/ aluminium free trade in general, the snaking PPE out from under us last month, the failed response by the moran to the pandemic, 85000 people dead some of whom didnt have to die so we don't want them traveling up here

there is no reason to worry about America

Actulay the border is already blocked to non-essential travel so goods have still been flowing back and forth but it sounds like you don't know/ don't care ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bryan Adams sucks, Sarah McLachlan sucks, Leonard Cohen sucks, Avril Lavigne sucks, Robert Charlebois sucks, k.d. lang sucks, Northern Pikes suck, Jean Leloup sucks, Five Man Electrical Band sucks, Sweeney Todd sucks, Gary & Dave suck, Loverboy sucks, I could go on and on.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Trump aside, the obsession you Canadians have with the US is odd, because most Americans couldn't care less about what happens in Canada. You could block the border, and other than softwood and Christmas tree prices increasing here, I'm not sure what effect it would have.
    they are our largest trading partner in dollars.

second - americans being myopic and not having any interest in anything besides 'merica? wow color me surprised

hmmm whister, montreal, baniff, the maritimes, quebec city, etc....

IMO two of the biggest mistakes made were:

Any mention that this Covid was "like the flu" and not requiring masks be worn in public from the start.

If we could go back and change those two mistakes things would look a whole lot different in the US right now.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    FIFY
    With what I've heard/read about how most state openings are going you could be right.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im pretty sure we couldn't wear masks at the start because we didn't have enough for our fantastic front line 1st responders and health care professionals
    now whenther or not the pandemic country of origin was hoarding them while being engaged in patterns of deceit and less than truthfulness
    is debatable
    for some
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

second - americans being myopic and not having any interest in anything besides 'merica? wow color me surprised.
    yeah i know like fuck eh ?

While the world has/is falling apart buddy falls out of the " Unaware American Tree" and hits every branch on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Seriously, Rush sucks, Triumph sucks, April Wine sucks, BTO sucks, Gino Vanelli sucks, Alanis Morissette sucks, Gordon Lightfoot sucks, Les Cowboys Fringants sucks, Chantal Kreviazuk sucks, Saga sucks, Sum 41 sucks, Corey Hart sucks, Men Without Hats sucks, Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers suck, Justin Bieber sucks, Chilliwack sucks, Ron Sexsmith sucks, Aldo Nova sucks, I could go on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Bryan Adams sucks, Sarah McLachlan sucks, Leonard Cohen sucks, Avril Lavigne sucks, Robert Charlebois sucks, k.d. lang sucks, Northern Pikes suck, Jean Leloup sucks, Five Man Electrical Band sucks, Sweeney Todd sucks, Gary & Dave suck, Loverboy sucks, I could go on and on.
    But Nickelback doesn't suck?

"Rush sucks" You shut your whore mouth!

Kate & Anna McGarrigle suck, Feist sucks, Éric Lapointe sucks, Three Days Grace sucks, Jean-Pierre Ferland sucks, Drake sucks, Barenaked Ladies suck, Finger Eleven sucks. I could go on and on.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Any mention that this Covid was "like the flu" and not requiring masks be worn in public from the start.

If we could go back and change those two mistakes things would look a whole lot different in the US right now.
    I’d be investing more in plexiglass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

second - americans being myopic and not having any interest in anything besides 'merica? wow color me surprised

hmmm whister, montreal, baniff, the maritimes, quebec city, etc....
    China is.

I'm not asking for the border to be closed, XXX is. I was just pointing out the asymmetric concern Canadian dudes like XXX have about how things are going on down here in the US.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

this ^^

Cheese head had the chance to show leadership, if he stood up there in the rose garden and told the trumpians to take Covid seriously they would have listened to him bottom line IS less people would have died and less people are gona die

so there are no masks, I don't have a mask cuz i can't buy one but I stay 6' ( one moose length ) from other people , i listen to the top doctors tell us what we should do

China is.

I'm not asking for the border to be closed, XXX is. I was just pointing out the asymmetric concern Canadian dudes like XXX have about how things are going on down here in the US.
    I am pretty sure we export the most in dollars to canada

China is.

its already closed and they extended the closure

Its not americans that want the border to remain closed its Canadians that want to be safe from America, living next to America is like living on a street with a couple of crack houses or a hells angels club house

Is yer google broken you can use mine it will tell you the USA's biggest trading partners are mexico and Canada and why would that be ?

cuz you can load whatever you want to sell or buy on a semi and it will be in another country real quick and way easier/cheaper/faster than putting it on a boat

so instead of playing nice Trump tries to fuck Canada & Mexico over

The construction industry in the US would be royally fucked without imports from Canada.

Is anyone coming around to ending the lockdown now that data is showing that "it's just the flu" if you are under 60?

Netherlands:
    Name:  netherlands-IFR-chart1.png
Views: 544
Size:  57.1 KB
    Name:  netherlands-IFR-chart2.png
Views: 539
Size:  55.4 KB

Attachment 328615
    Attachment 328616
    https://esb.nu/blog/20059695/we-kunn...nen-aan-corona

Spain:
    Name:  spain.jpeg
Views: 531
Size:  144.1 KB
    https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020-05-...evalencia.html
    Attachment 328617

France:
    Attachment 328618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	france.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	328623
    https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abc3517

China:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	china.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	328624
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033357v1

"
    Unicef warns lockdown could kill more than Covid-19 as model predicts 1.2 million child deaths"
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...l-predicts-12/
    Attachment 328619

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im pretty sure we couldn't wear masks at the start because we didn't have enough for our fantastic front line 1st responders and health care professionals
    That may be, but we were told there was no reason to wear them, and that was either a lie or just poor information. Either way we've been sold a bill of goods from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    "Rush sucks" You shut your whore mouth!

Last edited by KQ; 05-15-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

and the thing is that Trump didnt/doesnt just fuck over Mexico and Canada with his polices he fucked over Americans cuz he dosnt understand trade so what he does effects all of us

Canada would look at what Trump pulls and say ok tit for tat we are gona target a red state in retaliation so a farmer or someone in a red state will suddenly get fucked over by something Canada did in a trade deal with hopes that some republican senator will have to splain it to voters and i'm sure Mexico did the same thing

Trump said trade wars are easy to win which would be true if you didnt really have a clue what was going on and ... Lie

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    its already closed and they extended the closure

Its not americans that want the border to remain closed its Canadians that want to be safe from America, living next to America is like living on a street with a couple of crack houses or a hells angels club house

Is yer google broken you can use mine it will tell you the USA's biggest trading partners are mexico and Canada and why would that be ?

cuz you can load whatever you want to sell or buy on a semi and it will be in another country real quick and way easier/cheaper/faster than putting it on a boat

so instead of playing nice Trump tries to fuck Canada & Mexico over
    If having the US as a neighbor bothers you so much, you should move farther away than just Canada. Perhaps Finland. Or just keep carrying on here. Or whatever.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

At least Canada has a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_New_Hampshire

Biggest claims to fame are Mandy Moore is from Nashua and Aersomith met there.