Page 713 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,825 of 41810
    No more skiing or biking and becoming a frail person is not great.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It took a loved one getting ill for Nancy Regan to demand stem cell research so yeah, until it effects them most people don't care. This world seriously lacks empathy.

Still kills me that all these "protect every human life" people are happy to sacrifice the old and infirm.

Save the fetus but we won't support the needy child and old/sick people need to get out of the way and stop ruining the world for me, Me, ME so I can get mine!

Bunch of selfish fucks who apparently, despite what they claim, have no idea and do not care what Jesus would do but they'll evoke his name to tell you you're going to Hell.

/rant

KQ,

The reality is its the same ME, ME, ME bullshit that has us in lockdown. The at risk population group has tremendous financial/political power and they aren't willing to relinquish it even if it means saving 100k lives.

Its pretty easy to avoid the Covid for the at-risk. Stay at home, Wrap yourself up in PPE, black light/bleach the shit out of everything and avoid all human contact.

But that's not what's happening. Instead the boomers are once again taxing the rest of the world reflecting that exact me, me, me so I can keep mine attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    KQ,

The reality is its the same ME, ME, ME bullshit that has us in lockdown. The at risk population group has tremendous financial/political power and they aren't willing to relinquish it even if it means saving 100k lives.

Its pretty easy to avoid the Covid for the at-risk. Stay at home, Wrap yourself up in PPE, black light/bleach the shit out of everything and avoid all human contact.

But that's not what's happening. Instead the boomers are once again taxing the rest of the world reflecting that exact me, me, me so I can keep mine attitude.
    As a counterpoint, I'm 31 years old and I fully support the measures taken to shut down businesses, ban gatherings, require PPE in public places, etc. I don't believe we are anywhere near ready to reopen the economy in any meaningful way either.

Anyone arguing against a “lockdown” in the US is a bullshitter. We don’t have any lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Easier said than done. What are you going to do? Round them all up and put them in internment camps? The fact that a third of all COVID deaths have come from nursing homes doesn't bode well for trying to isolate old people.

And shutting down the world economy/stay@home/home schooling/10T of stimulus. doesn't bode well for the other 80% of the citizenry.

Big question is who should suffer the burden of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    First it wasn't a big deal. Then people started dying and the numbers were just a hoax. Once it's personal, it will no longer be a hoax but then we can just blame democrats and china.
    Trump looks like a smuck at the whitehouse with masks and distancing when you know there was only sposed to be 12 cases

he is still talking about Hillary and Obama and the American public is too divided to care about the people who are dead/dying or even what is in their own best interest

in any case its all ^^ been done before ... back when Nero fiddled as Rome burnt
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    oh man I can't even right now
    Absolutely true in all regards and probably the best use yet of that clip yet!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

And shutting down the world economy/stay@home/home schooling/10T of stimulus. doesn't bode well for the other 80% of the citizenry.

Yeah, well it's not a zero sum game. If people return to business as usual it's very likely infections will go way up again and we'll need to shut down again. Personally I'd rather at least try to get this thing under control as much as possible first.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s nitrile. And they are the same gloves needed for nursing homes etc.

I’m surprised there are any left anywhere. I see so many Karen’s gloved up everywhere they go.

And there’s always a pile of them by the grocery cart drop off. Like condoms in an alleyway
    Reading your posts it sounds like you live in a real shitty place. Vibes bro.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    in any case its all ^^ been done before ... back when Nero fiddled as Rome burnt
    Name:  trump nero.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  62.5 KB

Or on par/lower than the flu
    You should stop repeating this lie. It's a lie because COVID-19:

1 - Is significantly more contagious
    2 - There's a significantly higher proportion of the population susceptible to the disease
    3 - There's a significantly higher proportion of people with significant clinical illness
    4 - There's significantly longer hospital stays and significantly more long term damage
    5 - Available data shows past age 23 there's significantly higher CFR and IFR for < 65
    6 - Around 80% of deaths for both COVID-19 and flu are 65+ while COVID CFR is higher

Since the beginning, this has been the wrong framing. Business and consumer behavior changed before the government mandated shutdowns and opening things back up won't change that fact.

I am in agreement with the people who want to see the states reopen. The problem is leadership failures have created two bad choices for Americans: shutdown or dangerous reopening. There is no plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Anyone arguing against a “lockdown” in the US is a bullshitter. We don’t have any lockdowns
    ^^Seriously, this.

It's been sunshine and rainbows here compared to other countries that have imposed real lockdowns.

I for one would rather not suffer the burden of Deebs quotes.

Please cease and desist.

He is one needing isolation.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I use gloves everyday at work in the group home, for food prep, for applying topical medications, and for assisting with toileting (these uses are a matter of State as well as our company's policies). A couple of our residents receive them along with other medical supplies paid by medicaid. The rest were purchased at Costco, but now we are unable to buy them there anymore (no supply for some reason I guess), and have been limping along on what was in our company's supply closet. The several boxes a month allotted by medicaid don't go very far to meeting the need. We are running out.

So, for every one of you who use them to go grocery shopping, there are likely shortages for people who actually need them, to do their jobs, and to protect themselves from blood born pathogens (we have MERSA carriers where I work), that can be (and are actually) present in stool and urine, and the occasional vomit, not to mention being essential in administration of medications.

I just thought you ought to know.
    What kid of group home?

I bought a Costco double pack back in January. I use nitrate for my fiberglass work. Each box typically lasts me a year or more. So I still have a completely u opened box and could donate. Don’t think I’ll ship it to where ever you are, but imagine there may be similar operations in town here who are short. Figured I could call around a donate. Just not sure what the best outlet is: retirement home, or something else.

Old Goat - I understand how to use gloves and am able to remove them using a methods wear one glove rolls up o side the other w/o ever touching my hands. Works amazing for a sticky resin, but after reading you post, it sounds like virus particles will fly off into my face. Can you explain how that happens? My gloves are about belly height when removed, rolled away from my body and the outsides become the insides. I also thought virus’s would be less likely to cling to nitrate than my flesh.

I used gloves when I had a diesel. Those pumps are always fucking nasty with that fuel. So it was easy for me to take a few of my gloves, throw them in the glove compartment (aptly named) and use them for this purpose.

I’ve field up exactly five times since this all blew up, using gloves I already owned, so not feeling too guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    As a counterpoint, I'm 31 years old and I fully support the measures taken to shut down businesses, ban gatherings, require PPE in public places, etc. I don't believe we are anywhere near ready to reopen the economy in any meaningful way either.
    And you are welcome to take as many precautions as you deem necessary.

So feel free to pick up a bubble suit. No issues here.

Holy fuck you're obtuse.

It's about public health and the greatest good for the greatest number, which means taking every possible step to not transmit the disease. I am taking the precautions I am, and I support closures, bans, etc. because I don't want to potentially transmit it to anyone else, not because I don't want to be exposed to it. That has been the rationale behind PPE for the general public from the start, and it reveals just how callous and uncaring many people are when they blatantly shirk their civic duty because they don't consider themselves at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    The problem with mask wearing is all the inconsistencies that I see on a daily basis even at the hospital I work at. Currently we are being asked to REUSE our disposable masks on a daily basis, that is unless the mask is visibly soiled. Which mine is after a day of use. We haven't gotten to the point yet that we're being asked to reuse our exam gloves, but I'm sure someone in senior "leadship" (or lack thereof) is looking at any way to save money and start reusing exam gloves.
    The lack and poor rollout of PPE's at the hospital I work at has been nothing short of a shitshow. Managers being asked to submit requisitions, that get lost or favoriteized by departments selected by who has friends in that particular department, to procure PPE's seems ridiculous, but hey, that's our purchasing department for you. Mind you this is the same storeroom/purchasing/receiving department that I'm pretty sure had some sort of drug dealing operation going on the side by one of the little methhead storeroom workers.
    I mean, if it's really that fucking difficult to get PPE to replace what is supposed to be one time use, which, unfortunately apparently is, seems like there needs to be some other system of disinfecting PPE. But if obtaining masks is impossible for management to handle, putting together some disinfection plan sounds like real rocket surgery. Hearing this shit actually pisses me off. Because you're talking about something that should literally be one of the simplest fucking tasks in the hospital. At the end of the day it goes way higher than the hospital, looking at you goberment.

Remember those cabinets in science classrooms in K-12 that you put your safety goggles in and they'd magically be disinfected for the next user? Why have we not seen anything like this for medical PPE? Maybe it exists but I haven't heard anything about it. I'm envisioning a device that you open, put the mask on some sort of rotary rack, close it, when turned on the mask is exposed to UV while rotating.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This is a greater concern for me personally, not so much dying. If I get covid and survive, but can't do anything anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    No more skiing or biking and becoming a frail person is not great.
    This has been my biggest concern since this whole thing started. I know what it's like to be hobbled and don't want that to be a permanent situation, I don't think I'd handle it well.

The salon my wife goes to is planning on opening Friday even though we are still "closed" here. I understand the owners position, neither her or her husband are earning anything and don't qualify for unemployment, they have a newborn that needs food and diapers and they're two weeks from missing a second mortgage payment. They're totally doing it on the sly telling everyone to come in the back door side where they can't be seen from the street and if a cop were to walk in while a cut or color is being done the customer is supposed to tell them she's a cousin or similar. I'm not so sure I won't call it in because there are just too many seniors in the development the salon is in and a couple of hundred across the street in an over 60 development.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Jen, they won’t.

Shallow men need insults to feel big.

Holy fuck you're obtuse.

It's about public health and the greatest good for the greatest number, which means taking every possible step to not transmit the disease. I am taking the precautions I am, and I support closures, bans, etc. because I don't want to potentially transmit it to anyone else, not because I don't want to be exposed to it. That has been the rationale behind PPE for the general public from the start, and it reveals just how callous and uncaring many people are when they blatantly shirk their civic duty because they don't consider themselves at risk.
    Dude ^^ its America

I can remember talking about universal HC and so some mag pipes up " I think universal HC would be great and i'm totally for it! except I don't want my tax dollar paying for the fat people or the people who eat twinkies or ... "

Dude ... you just don't even get it

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^^Seriously, this.

It's been sunshine and rainbows here compared to other countries that have imposed real lockdowns.
    Saw a good explanation for it on reddit but couldn't find it.

Paraphrasing... Your standard idiot American has never had to actually be enforced to follow any strict rules since early developmental years. They know nothing about self sacrifice and doing things for the greater good. They have been spoon fed a lifestyle of consumerism and they want their ability to consume whatever whenever. They want their eating out privilege and their sports center back. They are tired of hearing about covid and want new episodes of shit programs. The pigs are restless

I mean, if it's really that fucking difficult to get PPE to replace what is supposed to be one time use, which, unfortunately apparently is, seems like there needs to be some other system of disinfecting PPE. But if obtaining masks is impossible for management to handle, putting together some disinfection plan sounds like real rocket surgery. Hearing this shit actually pisses me off. Because you're talking about something that should literally be one of the simplest fucking tasks in the hospital. At the end of the day it goes way higher than the hospital, looking at you goberment.

Remember those cabinets in science classrooms in K-12 that you put your safety goggles in and they'd magically be disinfected for the next user? Why have we not seen anything like this for medical PPE? Maybe it exists but I haven't heard anything about it. I'm envisioning a device that you open, put the mask on some sort of rotary rack, close it, when turned on the mask is exposed to UV while rotating.
    The problem there is money, which always seems like a hospital doesn't have, but when they need to send out propaganda to their employees and marketing all of a sudden, there's a huge budget for that.

glademaster, there have been so many inconsistencies in the use of PPE's right from the start of this shitshow. What do you want people to do when there is so much confusion about how PPE's were rolled out, distributed, hoarded, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Dude ^^ its America

I can remember talking about universal HC and so some mag pipes up " I think universal HC would be great and i'm totally for it! except I don't want my tax dollar paying for the fat people or the people who eat twinkies or ... "

Dude ... you just don't even get it
    I suppose you're right, but I also view the collective action needed to reduce the spread of this virus as more of a short term sacrifice (even if it is months, that's still short term), as opposed to the long term investment required for a transition to universal HC. Clearly I was wrong, but I hoped that the short term sacrifice would be more palatable. The concept of civic duty and upholding your end of the social contract you agree to as a citizen have clearly been lost on most Americans.

I'm envisioning a device that you open, put the mask on some sort of rotary rack, close it, when turned on the mask is exposed to UV while rotating.
    Something like this?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...somerville/amp

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

I suppose you're right, but I also view the collective action needed to reduce the spread of this virus as more of a short term sacrifice (even if it is months, that's still short term), as opposed to the long term investment required for a transition to universal HC. Clearly I was wrong, but I hoped that the short term sacrifice would be more palatable. The concept of civic duty and upholding your end of the social contract you agree to as a citizen have clearly been lost on most Americans.
    Its kind of late for universal HC in this pandemic but its just one example that speaks to the general attitude,

consider buddy is smart enough to be here but doesnt understand the word " universal "

altho he probably understands the word cuz he also has a goggle but he doesnt get " it "

so its fuck you jack damned if i will pay even a little bit to make things better