Page 109 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How was Breck this weekend? Crowded? Empty?
    don't know went mtb somewhere warm................ then went to the hots prings with a hundred other strangers.......

didn't seem to busy but I think that had more to do with it being 70 degrees in denver and full on spring here in town slush and what not but good conditions up high
    it was odd that the thursday night influx of people wasn't there, they did show up on friday afternoon as I was leaving but in smaller numbers

remember benny front rangers only ski 8 inches or more of powder, bunch of size queens, they don't ski anything less, should be a good spring up here

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Mild cases are gonna be relatively indistinguishable from the mixing pot of ski town respiratory/cold/flu funk.
    Bong Crud, por ejemplar
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Bong Crud, por ejemplar
    I wonder if tokers and vapers are going to suffer at a higher rate as smokers do with this disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

If Trump catches this, will he be taken to the hoaxpital?

Quote Originally Posted by shakyknees View Post
    As an additional data point:

I came down with a significant chest cold late last Wednesday, 2 days after getting back from a 4-day trip to Jackson Hole. Flew through Reno, SF, and Denver. It's rare for me to get a chest cold, been over a decade since the last one. Seems like I caught something on that trip. I don't qualify for testing or need treatment, but attempting to self-quarantine until I stop spewing mucus everywhere.

Maybe ski resorts are a hot spot because of all the runny noses?
    Self Kwarantine Individually, everydamnday
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I wonder if tokers and vapers are going to suffer at a higher rate as smokers do with this disease.
    I just call it the breckenridge hack
    seems that everyone under 30 has it year around, deep cough lots of flem accompanied by a wearing a winter hat in the middle of summer

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/03/...divert-denver/

"Unruly Passengers Cause Flight To Divert To Denver International Airport"

>>idiots.

an actual flight diverted for something most do not go to the hospital for by many accounts and only seems to be a serious threat for the elderly.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I love how little info is available on the case that's local to me. I still can't believe there are so many so close and nobody is doing anything any differently than usual but I guess when there's so little info what can you do other than carry on.

Multiple people in my office today coughing, hacking and blowing their noses. Come the fuck on. Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    PANIC!!!!!!

Williston schools will be closed Monday after officials say a staff member stayed at an out-of-state hotel where other guests had confirmed cases of COVID-19.

The Champlain Valley School District says the Williston school staff member stayed at the hotel at the end of February break. Since then, officials learned that many positive COVID-19 cases were confirmed with guests who stayed at that same hotel.

Right now, we don't know what the name of the hotel is or what state it's in. We're told the staff member is now self-quarantining at home after sharing that they had some cold symptoms.

As a result, Allen Brook School and Williston Central School will be closed Monday.

Two-Williston-schools-closed-due-to-COVID-19-related-concerns-568621561.html
    Great. It's everywhere. And I still can't get tested. Hopefully they will test that person. Good chance what I have is a regular flu anyway. Not working today. Still in bed. Hacking up a lung, so what I got is turning into my usual bronchitis. Interesting coincidence that it is Williston. I grew up there. Definitely means this whole ratflu thing is a conspiracy.

everything I have read says congestion (ie blowing noses) is not a symptom. But sick people still shouldn't be in the office.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/03/...divert-denver/
    "Unruly Passengers Cause Flight To Divert To Denver International Airport"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I'd buy the allergies one right now and pay double for quick shipping. I'm getting on a plane to Switzerland Saturday, and I do have allergies, already kicked in this year, and I'm hacking and snorting. I'm going to be the least popular guy on the plane. Oh well, the extra space will be worth the nasty looks hope.
    I love it when a plan comes together

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Multiple people in my office today coughing, hacking and blowing their noses. Come the fuck on. Assholes.
    Isn't the wet cough a positive sign or is WHO just as full of shit as trump?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    an actual flight diverted for something most do not go to the hospital for by many accounts and only seems to be a serious threat for the elderly.
    It's too early to say this "only seems to be a serious threat for the elderly." Younger people die from COVID-19 as well, just at much lower percentages so we know morbidity and mortality rates fit a curve. It's not some binary thing. Scans also show lung fibrosis even in asymptomatic people but we don't know yet if the effect is lasting. We also know past epidemics hit pregnant women especially hard, increased post-neonatal mortality, and in utero infection had a lasting impact on children including lower test scores and below-average IQ and education.

It will be years before we know all the adverse effects from this thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6212.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	319486

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That was a sobering read. Worthy of clicking the link.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    It's interesting that in the us, the brightest people do not go into government, and in France, they do.

Can't speak for other countries, but the difference in the quality of government workers between the us and France, and their attitude is amazing.

Dmv in California, vs the equivalent in France. In the us, you feel like you're unwanted and a bother. When i went to the local French office, everyone was pleasant and helpful, even though my French is not perfect.

So maybe the criticism of the us response to the virus is warranted.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Lots of very smart people in government, the permanent employees, not the politicians. People like Anthony Fauci and thousands like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    should just call this the boomer disease
    faced with there own immortality
    spending their retirement on cruise lines and traveling the world seems deadly now
    buying up worthless dust masks that I need for my employees
    hording toilet paper still don't get that one
    they never took the spread of vd seriously in their 60's
    maybe they are hording their medicines now and filling perscriptions so they have enough pills maybe I should go stock up on my blood thinnners avostratin and metropololo whatever the fuck they are like a good boomer hoarder

and yeah ski towns have people from all over traveling here, it has always been known that if you work at city market you'll end up with something as some touron comes through your line coughing on you
    plus hot tubs dinner out and random tinder sex
    Poor fred--are you worried that people will stop building and remodeling overpriced houses?

This is the kind of thing that makes it kind of scary. I would say I am a fairly healthy individual in my mid 50s. I hike ski and climb just about every day. i rarely get colds. But when I do I ALWAYS get a secondary bacterial infection afterward. Maybe bronchitis? Doesn't seem like that would be an underlying condition, however
    “You have no ability to keep stuff out of the lower respiratory tract,” Taubenberger said. As a result, the lungs are vulnerable to an invasive secondary bacterial infection. Potential culprits include the germs normally harbored in the nose and throat, and the antibiotic-resistant bacteria that thrive in hospitals, especially the moist environments of mechanical ventilators.
    Secondary bacterial infections represent an especially pernicious threat because they can kill critical respiratory tract stem cells that enable tissue to rejuvenate. Without them, “you just can’t physically repair your lungs,” Taubenberger said. Damaged lungs can starve vital organs of oxygen, impairing the kidneys, liver, brain and heart.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-are-inflamed

We are just a few govt measures away from total collapse.

Like if it shows up on mail. No more mail, or amazon packages.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

head of NY/NJ port authority has it
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    We are just a few govt measures away from total collapse.

Like if it shows up on mail. No more mail, or amazon packages.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No more Amazon? Fuck that was my backup plan since I did not stock up on toilet paper.

Can someone please give me an updated explanation of why people are hoarding toilet paper?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can someone please give me an updated explanation of why people are hoarding toilet paper?
    South Park covered this.

When you die, you crap your pants.
    The tp is for post corona death cleanup
    . . .

I said this before, but it’s so you don’t have to go out for more if you are quarantined, self or otherwise. A 12 pack should do, though.

Because a lot of people are stocking up on beans