Page 1381 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 ... LastLast
Results 34,501 to 34,525 of 41810
    Got a gathering coming up with my buds on May 22, first time we’ve all gotten together. The host made it clear vax required in his house. My two most likely to not get the shot pals are the only ones not going.

This is going to be the next phase of learning to live with covid

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yup. In case it wasn't bad enough to watch seemingly intelligent people devolve into puddles of political insanity. At least the Venn diagram has lots of overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Got a gathering coming up with my buds on May 22, first time we’ve all gotten together. The host made it clear vax required in his house. My two most likely to not get the shot pals are the only ones not going.

Yup. And work, which will probably be the first push. Then large events, travel situations, then social. That'll convince a ton of people.

And my no shot dudes were the biggest proponents of herd immunity last summer

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

My coworker/friend has a high school buddies wedding this summer. Apparently (via social media) he's watched him become an antivax, racist. He's not attending the wedding anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, serious question. As a fully Pfizer vaccinated human, I can pretty much safely go about my business without worrying about getting pretty sick, right? I mean, I have a shield. Right? I'm not asking what responsible behavior is, I get that, but, I'm thinking, if it gets to be, oh, September, months after every American, maybe even children, could get poked, and I still see bad numbers, do you think it's wrong to say, eh, fuck those people? Except the poor undocumented who are having a hard time getting a shot. But, the rest of the anti vaxxers? Fuck em? And then just living life without a fucking mask?
    It'll depend on what ongoing data shows about transmission from vaccinated people, what's going on with new variants, how well immunity is holding up in vaxxed people. And there are a significant number of people with various diseases and treatments in whom the vaccine doesn't work. (Seems like very drug ad I see these days is for something that knocks out your immune system--and not just cancer drugs.) Anyone who tries to guess what life will be like in September is a fool. We have a wedding planned for late August.

We have the vaccine working overtime but the anti vax crowd and mouthbreathers are working ever harder to keep the covids alive. It is really frustrating. Today was the second time I had an unmasked fuckhead walk up to a stall next to me and take a piss. At a youth soccer game where masks are required everywhere supposedly.

At a rest area in Nebraska on Wednesday some unmasked prick tried to start a conversation with me about coffee's effect on his bladder. Go fuck yourself. I still wear two masks inside.

I'll be considered fully vaxxed on Tuesday but I really feel like my freedoms are being stomped on by these assholes.

I'd love to go sit inside a restaurant. Not going to do it till the numbers drop. No Benny timeline for me.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It'll depend on what ongoing data shows about transmission from vaccinated people, what's going on with new variants, how well immunity is holding up in vaxxed people. And there are a significant number of people with various diseases and treatments in whom the vaccine doesn't work. (Seems like very drug ad I see these days is for something that knocks out your immune system--and not just cancer drugs.) Anyone who tries to guess what life will be like in September is a fool. We have a wedding planned for late August.
    I have not heard about this "significant" number of people for whom the vaccine doesn't work. Just one number for Pfizer, at least, and that's 95% efficacy, for everyone. I think Moderna us close to that. Proof is in the senior homes, where hospitalizations, let alone deaths, have dropped dramatically. And those people have all sorts of things wrong with them. They're almost dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We have the vaccine working overtime but the anti vax crowd and mouthbreathers are working ever harder to keep the covids alive. It is really frustrating. Today was the second time I had an unmasked fuckhead walk up to a stall next to me and take a piss. At a youth soccer game where masks are required everywhere supposedly.

At a rest area in Nebraska on Wednesday some unmasked prick tried to start a conversation with me about coffee's effect on his bladder. Go fuck yourself. I still wear two masks inside.

I'll be considered fully vaxxed on Tuesday but I really feel like my freedoms are being stomped on by these assholes.

I'd love to go sit inside a restaurant. Not going to do it till the numbers drop. No Benny timeline for me.

But, why not go inside a restaraunt if you're vaccinated?

But, why not go inside a restaraunt if you're vaccinated?
    I'm really not into purposely exposing myself and testing my immune response against the covids. If covids is around, there is a good chance it is floating in the air at the local bar and grill. 95% means I could still get sick and possibly propagate the virus. Why? I can eat outside. Plus I can't vaccinate my 11 yo. What if I gave it to her and she gave it to her unvaccinated classmates or soccer team. Seems no brainerish to me.

I'm involved in the restaurant business. Lots of stores that can because they can rely on curbside/carry out/ drive through...still have lobbies closed to in person dining even though they could be open. For good reason. Hard to get employees...almost impossible to stay open when one of them gets sick.

We grabbed sandwiches at a shop in Muscatine Iowa today. River town. Teaming with Trumpists. They wouldn't have let us go inside to order if we wanted to. Order and pick up at the curb. Stare at the Mississippi River flowing by. My kind of place.

If Benny feels safe eating in the covid soup while vaccinated...by all means.. Not judging. I'm just not joining.

Went into the butcher today and the owner was there behind the counter sans mask yuking it up with a maskless customer (talking about all the guns and ammo the have and waxing poetic about moving to a remote area in Idaho). Guys cutting meat in the back were maskless and there was me with 2 masks on having just come from working the vax clinic. I really felt like odd man out.

After the guy in front of me left the owner put a mask on to help me.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Gave me an idea of what to say the next time I'm cross the counter from someone like that. "Don't bother with putting on your mask now, sorry you don't understand the Covid. I wear two masks to protect me from people who don't have any respect for me. I'll have a Heinekens thanks."
    I know I'll have a few opportunities. Talk me out of it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I'm really not into purposely exposing myself and testing my immune response against the covids. If covids is around, there is a good chance it is floating in the air at the local bar and grill. 95% means I could still get sick and possibly propagate the virus. Why? I can eat outside. Plus I can't vaccinate my 11 yo. What if I gave it to her and she gave it to her unvaccinated classmates or soccer team. Seems no brainerish to me.

I'm involved in the restaurant business. Lots of stores that can because they can rely on curbside/carry out/ drive through...still have lobbies closed to in person dining even though they could be open. For good reason. Hard to get employees...almost impossible to stay open when one of them gets sick.

We grabbed sandwiches at a shop in Muscatine Iowa today. River town. Teaming with Trumpists. They wouldn't have let us go inside to order if we wanted to. Order and pick up at the curb. Stare at the Mississippi River flowing by. My kind of place.

If Benny feels safe eating in the covid soup while vaccinated...by all means.. Not judging. I'm just not joining.

Well, the way I see it, we've all been living in a viral soup pretty much all our lives. I'm not living with the fear of getting something anymore. Enough is enough. I played by the rules got double poked, and I'll get the third if they say I should. It's easy. But I'm not worrying about the anti vaxxers or vax hesitant. It's on them. Good luck. If they didn't get vaxxed by September as adults, hell, July, that's their problem. I'll probably avoid crowded bars, but, I usually do, except music clubs, but, most music clubs sucked around here pre Covid. I hope the whole tribute band thing has been wiped out by all this, but, I doubt it.

Now, the kids are a whole other issue. Is this shot dangerous for them? Or, are they so naturally immune, they don't need one? From what I can tell, this virus is first, and old person's killer. Something like 70% of America's Covid dead are over 60. Then there's the obesity, smoking, and other comorbitities. That's probably another 10-20%, right? This thing just isn't killing and/or harming young, healthy people, like polio or the 1918 flu. I've been thinking that, just 70 years ago, if this virus came on our shores, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, because we simply didn't have so many old and fat people back then. Maybe there was something like it, but, medical science mistook it for a flu.

Plenty of type A skinny in shape people have almost died from this crud. I talked to one such guy in a ski area parking lot. Marathon type dude. The kind of guy I love to hate because they are so driven to excel at everything and then they do. But covid nearly ended his life as a maddening overachiever. Exactly opposite of me but I did avoid the virus afaik and he didn't.

I hear you Benny and I see where you are going. At some point we have to ditch and go back to normal. I guess I agree with OG...for me it isn't a timeline. It is about the numbers. If we had our shit together with the tools we have in front of us we could be there so quickly.

That is why this is so frustrating.

It’s beyond frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Went into the butcher today and the owner was there behind the counter sans mask yuking it up with a maskless customer (talking about all the guns and ammo the have and waxing poetic about moving to a remote area in Idaho). Guys cutting meat in the back were maskless and there was me with 2 masks on having just come from working the vax clinic. I really felt like odd man out.

After the guy in front of me left the owner put a mask on to help me.
    Thank goodness you cook meat. And cooking will kill the germs. Be sure to wash your hands after handling me meat. This is typical. I have observed that large parts of the population never gave a shit about covid-19.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Are you really that ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Are you really that ignorant?
    He's just stupid. Don't mind him. Uncle Sam, or Walton, doesn't discriminate by IQ on entry level chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I don't ever see myself not covering most of my face in public again.
    Name:  InspectorGlade.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  74.8 KB

Drainage fittings shall have a smooth interior waterway of the same diameter as the piping served.

Now let's have a look at those stairs.

I have not heard about this "significant" number of people for whom the vaccine doesn't work.
    You just have.

While the old do have a general decrease in their immune system as well as a decreased ability to heal and to handle illness in general, their immune deficiency is less serious than someone taking immune suppressive drugs to treat cancer or autoimmune disorders--and the use of such drugs is becoming more and more common. These people don't have a high incidence of covid and covid death because they know they have to stay sequestered, but they can't do it forever, nor should they have to.

Well, the way I see it, we've all been living in a viral soup pretty much all our lives. I'm not living with the fear of getting something anymore. Enough is enough. I played by the rules got double poked, and I'll get the third if they say I should. It's easy. But I'm not worrying about the anti vaxxers or vax hesitant. It's on them. Good luck. If they didn't get vaxxed by September as adults, hell, July, that's their problem. I'll probably avoid crowded bars, but, I usually do, except music clubs, but, most music clubs sucked around here pre Covid. I hope the whole tribute band thing has been wiped out by all this, but, I doubt it.

Now, the kids are a whole other issue. Is this shot dangerous for them? Or, are they so naturally immune, they don't need one? From what I can tell, this virus is first, and old person's killer. Something like 70% of America's Covid dead are over 60. Then there's the obesity, smoking, and other comorbitities. That's probably another 10-20%, right? This thing just isn't killing and/or harming young, healthy people, like polio or the 1918 flu. I've been thinking that, just 70 years ago, if this virus came on our shores, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, because we simply didn't have so many old and fat people back then. Maybe there was something like it, but, medical science mistook it for a flu.
    https://www.france24.com/en/americas...-prime-targets

Benny, I don't know why you're having such a hard time dealing with this. You're retired I gather, you seem to have enough money. Yeah, it sucks to not be able to do stuff and go places, but it sucks a lot less for people like us than for most people, and a lot of people for whom it sucks a lot more seem to be coping bettter.

I am still waiting for this genetically engineered virus to morph into something really deadly and the world to collectively lose its shit.

You know it's coming. Brazil?. But the news is always so doomsday you won't know when it's ready bad.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I see the numbers like this. Early last summer I considered it too dangerous to go out. Case counts are 10x higher now. Soon I'll be fully vaxxed which prevents 90% of the bad outcomes. (Rough numbers) So until the case numbers fall, it's a wash. I'm willing to occasionally hang out with the fully vaxxed. Everyone else can share disease without my help. Seems they are, too.

Also early last summer, I thought we might get ahead of Covid and end it. Now it looks like it may continue indefinitely, also tilting the risk calculation in favor of caution. To each their own, though. Life isn't safe either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/h...ne-system.html

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You just have.

While the old do have a general decrease in their immune system as well as a decreased ability to heal and to handle illness in general, their immune deficiency is less serious than someone taking immune suppressive drugs to treat cancer or autoimmune disorders--and the use of such drugs is becoming more and more common. These people don't have a high incidence of covid and covid death because they know they have to stay sequestered, but they can't do it forever, nor should they have to.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. That will always be an issue, covid or not, so, the rest of society should alter behavior to accommodate them forever?