Page 784 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... LastLast
Results 19,576 to 19,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    This is where the US stands as of May 24, with and without NY.

Attachment 329982

So the ex-NY running daily total new cases is about 20,000. That flat line for the rest of the US contains this:

Attachment 329983

Not looking good for many states which are opening up. Would be good to review this in two/three weeks time.
    This was dismissed the first time around, but I still think it's worth a revisit.

https://www.aei.org/covid-2019-action-tracker/

Just re-order the table 2/3rds of the way down the page to find hotspots by county. If you were to add up the total number of tests in that last column, it's a few hundred thousand which is light considering it's based on a 4-day total. Regardless, there's clear value is seeing where the frequency of positive tests are highest at the county level.

Hello darkness my old friend

Of course it's a chubby middle-aged white guy with a goatee. These guys need a name like Karens do.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    But wouldn't it be the combo of SD , hand washing and masks (esp in trucks) all that stuff is going to help with colds/flu.
    Asuming you are speaking to my post ... TOTALLY !

even with proper protocols I think COVID would have got around but if they are isolated for 26 days in the middle of nowhere there is now no COVID in that camp and if there was it wouldnt have lasted longer than 14 days

I didnt catch the interview very well cuz Sylvia was coming and making a bunch of noise but I think buddy the contracter said they might use some of these protocols in the future even after covid, like SD & wearing masks could save a lot of sickness so less sick people = more trees planted = more $$$$ for ever one

I've never planted but I know a lot of contracters/ planters/ cooks and other assorted freaks

Last week I ran a load of food into a logging camp that the planters had been using cuz the logging show is shut down, the cook told me the loggers (who are all fat) eat white bread/ meat potatoes and hide their uneaten vegtables under the napkin whereas 1/3rd of the planters are Vegetarian, weird recipes are encouraged, they all eat huge amounts of everything, they all drink huge amounts or water ... more work for the cooks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Attachment 329982

So the ex-NY running daily total new cases is about 20,000. That flat line for the rest of the US contains this:

Attachment 329983

Not looking good for many states which are opening up. Would be good to review this in two/three weeks time.
    I suppose you could look at those data and say the numbers are ok. For the most part hospitals are not being overwhelmed now and that's what "flattening the curve" was about. However, I think we really want to be driving the number of new cases down as much as possible over the summer because it's almost a certainty that the numbers will increase over the fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Of course it's a chubby middle-aged white guy with a goatee. These guys need a name like Karens do.
    I vote for "Junior".
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I vote for "Junior".
    Nah... that makes me think of Junior Samples and I always liked Junior. (BR-549!)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I vote for "Junior".
    Travis.

Wayne or Richard

Kevin?

Bubba

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tough to wear a mask in a bar or restaurant--if you figure you need one when you're indoors around people (I do) best to avoid restaurants and bars (and people--I suspect those people already are. I am.. (Although requiring masks at all times would help with alcoholism and obesity.) I think opening bars and restaurants was premature, but I suspect that the bar in the article won't be spreading any more cases than the average bar. The policy is whatever the alt right equivalent of virtue signaling is. Is there a name for that>? Maybe asshole signaling?

I vote for "Junior".
    Back in rural Michigan "Joey" was the preferred term... for a moron in general. No disrespect to any Joseph's around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Bubba

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ding.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Looks pretty similar to flu death during the 2017/18 rates for the under 65 crowd. Although the flu takes more sub-18 https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Hasn’t that already been decided?

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Or how about incel? I do like "Dick" though. Hmm, that sounds wrong. I like "Dick: as the name for a certain kind of dick.

The problem with "Karen", besides it being sexist, is that it has been co-opted by the right and by dicks in general to put down anyone who calls them out when they're doing their dick thing. It's no longer just someone who abuses people behind a counter. It's a way to justify being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Looks pretty similar to flu death during the 2017/18 rates for the under 65 crowd. Although the flu takes more sub-18 https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm
    Reportedly up to 80% of those infected may be asymptomatic while spreading this shit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Speaking of marketing..... "Visit Walla Walla" is up a running ads now that we are in Phase 2 encouraging people to come here. I know we need tourist dollars but maybe we should be more cautious. We've been luckier than a lot of counties partly because the shut down came before tourist season. We don't need to be the next Sun Valley.

Not to mention the state mandate is for people to stay within their counties if they are in a lower phase. Besides, phase 2 still only allows for "limited non-essential travel within proximity of your home." Yeah it's a catch 22.
    Same thing going on here. I wish they'd do a summer sans marketing. Let us ease back into tourism slowly (honestly, I think this will happen anyway). I'm not sure we need to throw money at it at this point in time.

Oh are we 7 days post the last time we had to have the "it's just the flu bro" discussion?

what about "let's do Sweden"...are we due for that loop to restart or do we have a couple more days before it's been a week?

Is this where we have to remind the exact same people about the exact same facts that questioned them last week?

Attachment 329982

Attachment 329983

It'd be interesting to have an index of this where testing rates are taken into account.

Also, there was always the expectation that cases would go up with a re-opening; however, I think in most places, the tracing isn't yet in place.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I think in most places, the tracing isn't yet in place.
    The local health dept is advertising for contact tracers right now.

But they don't seem to be allowing work from home?! Something about forest and trees...

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Oh are we 7 days post the last time we had to have the "it's just the flu bro" discussion?

what about "let's do Sweden"...are we due for that loop to restart or do we have a couple more days before it's been a week?

Is this where we have to remind the exact same people about the exact same facts that questioned them last week?
    thank god it’s another week until “Lib hero bill deblasio sucks”

Bubba is great, but specific to the southern-type. Joeys aren't angry.

Kenny?