Page 691 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    For those who aren't, maybe it's time to skip the Oreos, Lil' Debbies,
    They were probably preoccupied with being gainfully employed while you were busy not holding down a job - even pre-covid. Priorities brah!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I grew up in Massachusetts, no meat on Fridays, thoughts?
    Tegridy burgers

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I grew up in Massachusetts, no meat on Fridays, thoughts?
    During Lent or all school year? Public school system? Either way, pretty weird.

Ok, then. Boomers AND fatties. See the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6915e3.htm

Big reason I am 0% worried about getting nailed by it. I have an immune system that's actually worth a shit. Thankful that our family's always been really healthy. For those who aren't, maybe it's time to skip the Oreos, Lil' Debbies, Ding Dongs and potato chips next time they're at the grocery store.

For real. Even with all this going on, I still continuously see obese people in muumuus at the grocery store riding their motorized scooters and loading up on nothing but junk food. Boggles the mind. WAY more important than mask wearing, perhaps people should all start taking measures to boost their immune systems. Starting with not eating like shit. Then perhaps getting some exercise. How bout that? ROCKET SCIENCE!!! That's a key component about beating COVID that I'm not really hearing jack about for some strange reason. In fact, endlessly sheltering in place is the WORST thing you can do for your immune system. We need sun. We need exercise. We need good nutrition. And sure, social distancing and everything else we're doing. But we can't forget the other things we should be doing for our own bodies.
    Sounds like you should pivot from unstable industries to being an Instagram wellness coach.

Drunk misanthropic thought..... in the past there was always a lot of railing against them dumb obese Americans draining the healthcare system with their lack of education and personal control. Now they seem to have flipped to our nation's treasure which we must save at all costs.. Opportunistic much?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

<snip>
    Big reason I am 0% worried about getting nailed by it. I have an immune system that's actually worth a shit.
    And there's your American exceptionalism right there. Good for you.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Friday was pizza day when I was in school, thoughts?
    Thursdays. Thin sourdough crust cooked on a stone w cornmeal, tomato paste, vinegar, minced onion, dried oregano and just a pinch of garlic for the sauce. Fresh mozz, and local organic toppers. It’s the shitz.

No tacos. Too messy. Turns out that arepas day is the most popular around here. Go ahead and google it you so you learn something today.

Funny how steep thinks feeding people nutritious meals during a pandemic, or otherwise, is not a worthy trade. Maybe he and the shop jockey are just jealous I’m considered essential.

Ok, then. Boomers AND fatties. See the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6915e3.htm

Big reason I am 0% worried about getting nailed by it. I have an immune system that's actually worth a shit. Thankful that our family's always been really healthy. For those who aren't, maybe it's time to skip the Oreos, Lil' Debbies, Ding Dongs and potato chips next time they're at the grocery store.

For real. Even with all this going on, I still continuously see obese people in muumuus at the grocery store riding their motorized scooters and loading up on nothing but junk food. Boggles the mind. WAY more important than mask wearing, perhaps people should all start taking measures to boost their immune systems. Starting with not eating like shit. Then perhaps getting some exercise. How bout that? ROCKET SCIENCE!!! That's a key component about beating COVID that I'm not really hearing jack about for some strange reason. In fact, endlessly sheltering in place is the WORST thing you can do for your immune system. We need sun. We need exercise. We need good nutrition. And sure, social distancing and everything else we're doing. But we can't forget the other things we should be doing for our own bodies.
    My laugh for the day. I promise I won't laugh if you do get sick though.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It's a long thread so here's a quick summary for you: no one is paying any attention to what you post here because it was already obvious you weren't paying attention.
    The idiotic "stats" he constantly parrots aren't even correct anymore. Over 75,000 have died, so that's .02% of the total population of the U.S. by my calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The idiotic "stats" he constantly parrots aren't even correct anymore. Over 75,000 have died, so that's .02% of the total population of the U.S. by my calculations.
    If your calculations are based on math and science, they are wrong. They have to be based on Jesus, meth and caliber 50 ammunition.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Dude, like those aren't real death numbers. Everyone knows that.

This thread sure could use more mofro, summit, and huck and less of the polyass refugees. I’ve never used the ignore button, but I think it’s time.

Edit to add ... remote controlled by the syndicate too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 12.52.44 PM.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	737.7 KB 
ID:	327732

You live in TX.

how about drowning-in-your-own-phlegm-with-a-tube-down-yer-throat day ?

As mentioned covid has killed young as well as old, it has killed over 2000 medical staff world wide

You could become asymptomatic and infect a buch of other people some of whom die

I just don't think Covd cares about you so wash yer hands and do the social distancing,

here is a good artical about how Covid gets around its not long so read it

https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covi...N__vARSUBzTkzg
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    This thread sure could use more mofro, summit, and huck and less of the polyass refugees. I’ve never used the ignore button, but I think it’s time.
    It sure did help this thread for me.

And, as it turns out, it helped other threads as well.

Listening to PBS last night--in some places that didn't expand medicaid the working poor who were paid so badly that they qualified for medicaid are now getting unemployment with the $600 bump, which also bumps them off medicaid, but doesn't begin to give them enough to afford to buy health insurance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D16125C-3DE5-4903-8716-37AC5D799CB0.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	570.4 KB 
ID:	327733

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Thursdays. Thin sourdough crust cooked on a stone w cornmeal, tomato paste, vinegar, minced onion, dried oregano and just a pinch of garlic for the sauce. Fresh mozz, and local organic toppers. It’s the shitz.

No tacos. Too messy. Turns out that arepas day is the most popular around here. Go ahead and google it you so you learn something today.

Funny how steep thinks feeding people nutritious meals during a pandemic, or otherwise, is not a worthy trade. Maybe he and the shop jockey are just jealous I’m considered essential.
    No dude I do the same thing. Only I don’t prepare the food, I provide the organic ingredients.

My issue is that I think you were a asshole for personaly attacking people with whom you disagree. So I thought I’d give you some of your own medicine to show how pathetic it is.

Pretty lame, ehh?

Yet I’d be a shame if this place all of a sudden became a place of class and mutual respect.

Well... Aside for the no taco bit I’m good now. Y’all can go on with your petty attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Listening to PBS last night--in some places that didn't expand medicaid the working poor who were paid so badly that they qualified for medicaid are now getting unemployment with the $600 bump, which also bumps them off medicaid, but doesn't begin to give them enough to afford to buy health insurance.

they really should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps....

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Let's not forget mentioning Pelosi's solution, which is to open up the Obama exchanges so that the tens of millions of the unemployed would have the right to spend thousands of dollars on health insurance. Yeah, thanks Nancy. What flavor ice cream today?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Let's not forget mentioning Pelosi's solution, which is to open up the Obama exchanges so that the tens of millions of the unemployed would have the right to spend thousands of dollars on health insurance. Yeah, thanks Nancy. What flavor ice cream today?
    I'm trying to figure out how she got by with the 30" model.

The 36's are the minimum and ditch the stainless Nancy its gaudy.

I have seen the light. I believe in mRNA vaccines and therapeutics.
    Anyway, the sales pitch is hella compelling.

https://www.modernatx.com/sites/defa...50317_v8_4.pdf

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...-vaccines.html

It's mRNA synthesis (or playing god from the ground up) + some biochemical engineering. No coronaviruses. No cell cultures to make viral vectors. Or even protein subunits. No muss, no fuss.

1. A computer has the genetic code for the mRNA that you want to make, and mixes some chemicals. For the coronavirus pandemic, the code to make the SARS-CoV2 spike protein. Clean up and out comes the purified mRNA.

2. Stick the mRNA into lipid nanoparticles. Fatty spheres, about the diameter of one wavelength of visible light. The lipid nanoparticles transport the mRNA into cells. Where it works with the cells ribosomes to synthesize proteins. Unlike DNA, it doesn't have to get into cells' nuclei.

Not as effective as a chimpanzee adenovirus at getting into cells, but safer.
    Doesn't cost billions for industrial scale biotech breweries.
    If the virus mutates, punch in the code for the mutation

Videos that go into detail.
    With a little biotech trash talking about who's going to save the world.
    Recombinant is old school. It's mRNA vs. self amplifying mRNA.

Sponsor Introduction: Clem Lewin, Ph.D., associate vice president of R&D strategy for vaccines, Sanofi
    Tal Zaks, chief medical officer, Moderna
    Matthew Herper, senior writer, medicine, and editorial director of events, STATCombating Covid-19: Part 3 - Vaccines — can they come soon enough?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Reasonable about vaccines having to be proven to work.
    Science fiction about hospitals having the equipment to manufacture mRNA vaccines, "We're just emailing an electronic sequence now, of the key antigen."
    "But there's no mistaking that a self amplifying RNA has both an antibody and a T cell response. And this might be important for a coronavirus."

Vaccines are the magic bullet. But if there's a flare up in the fall, there'll be tremendous pressure for antibody therapeutics. Then maybe manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies vs. mRNA therapeutics.

good read. wasn't clear to me where she pulled a few of the figures though e.g. the asymptomatic spread %.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo T. Clown View Post
    I have seen the light. I believe in mRNA vaccines and therapeutics.
    Anyway, the sales pitch is hella compelling.

... snip ...

Vaccines are the magic bullet. But if there's a flare up in the fall, there'll be tremendous pressure for antibody therapeutics. Then maybe manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies vs. mRNA therapeutics.
    I'm not on board yet. Some issues:

- Site of administration
    - Method of administration (needle-free being shown to be better)
    - Selection of protein to encode (and associated size) versus the need to avoid secondary RNA structure
    - All prior infectious disease work with mRNA vaccines have either directly introduced the RNA into dendritic cells as the vehicle or they have used a carrier like protamine. Not employed for CV as far as I know

Also, you mention "mRNA therapeutics." Are you still referring to a vaccine with this or do you know of someone who is encoding a therapeutic into mRNA to make the protein in vivo (like an IgG for example)?