Page 365 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    The House finally signed the Senate's bill today, and President Trump signed it into law right away...
    ...after smacking down one Republican grandstander for threatening to hold it up, just as hard as he smacked down Nancy Pelosi for delaying it all week with demands for "green" energy and nationwide ballot harvesting.
    All week? hmmm. Sadly that and the truth don't jibe. The bill passed the senate late Wednesday night. Pelosi, who I assume you are aware is not actually in the Senate, was instrumental in getting the vote through the House of Representatives today despite Massey's antics to try and force everyone to Washington to record their votes.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

One Fucked up Situation

Currently 4 dead on board, 138 sick, and nowhere to go. They were heading for Ft Lauderdale but Panama won't let them through the canal. It's easy to say "Why the fuck would you take cruise now?" Well they probably booked their cruise months earlier, and there's this
    On the day it left port, Robert Redfield, the director for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, was in Broward County, encouraging people to go about their lives and not be saddled by fears of the virus. Vice President Mike Pence took it step further when he said people should continue to cruise. In no time, President Donald Trump would take to Twitter to say the virus was a ploy between the news media and the Democratic Party.
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...eni-story.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rnd=markets-vp. Prognosis
    Dutch Hospital Workers Show ‘Insidious Nature’ of Coronavirus
    By Jason Gale
    March 28, 2020, 12:15 AM CDT
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-wh...ent/a-52941947. ...Coronavirus: Why are the death rates different?
    Many of us must be tracking the daily infection and death rates from the coronavirus. You may have noticed, the death rates differ greatly from country to country. Here are some of the main reasons.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    My favorite homeless guy, who is of the perplexing but real brand of homeless where they could probably get housing but prefer to be outdoors, gets on a bus out of town in the fall, then comes back in the spring.
    He came back early this year, and it’s still cold here (20s to 40s), and the warm places are scarce and now the greyhound-equivalent is shut down if he wanted to gtfo. I saw him today as I rode to work and said hi without stopping....then battled with a lot of “what do I do, he’s gonna die out here, should I bring him home?” versus “you can’t bring this guy home to your wife, plus maybe we have it, with our jobs, and if he gets this from us he’s dead...he’s dead anyway...ugh dead people walking

there are so many people I deal with at my job who are barely barely hanging on..coworkers and clients....it reminds me of looking at those vast dry utah fields of cheatgrass, just waiting for a spark, if this gets momentum here (it hasn’t yet) it’s just going to go blowing through them like nothing.
    I see them and my mind strains to find some way to interact profoundly, with some subtle sensitivity like it’s our last meeting, but I am blank, and any attempt would be indescribably awkward and wholly unwelcome. Have a good one! Ok see you later.
    As the monsoon clouds grow over the hills, and darken, and begin to build charge. Rumbles. Far off rumbles of dry thunder in the next valley. Standing in the cheatgrass, watching the lightning clouds grow darker, feeling the downdrafts..hoping I’m something less flammable, but not as sure as I’d like to be.
    I read
    I thought

and you is jm's ski bum brother from another mum
    and my brother bringing a little bit that helps me make it counts
    stay in touch and keep bringing the goods
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Chinese Rat Flu

R.I. National Guard looks for New Yorkers. I guess they’re not doing enough themselves.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/rhode-...avirus-refuge/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Absolutely Mission Impossible

Drägerwerk is a world leader in the production of ventilators. In an interview, company head Stefan Dräger, 57, discusses the challenges of keeping up with current demand as the corona crisis accelerates.
    Dräger: Before we invest too much thought into this, we should focus on getting devices that are sitting around in a basement somewhere back into working order..
    Dräger: In Europe, the number of intensive-care beds per capita is very unequally distributed. In Italy, it is three times lower than here. In England, five times lower. The challenge in England will be greater than in Spain. And the situation in the U.S. is very alarming. The reporting system there is also underdeveloped.
    Dräger: It shows that common sense is more important than we all thought. This situation is so new and complicated that the problems can only be solved by people who carefully weigh their decisions. Artificial intelligence, which everyone has been talking so much about recently, isn't much help at the moment.

https://www.spiegel.de/international...f-cf5ca254b008

I can't keep up with this thread, it moves too quickly, but an update for the other fire guys here from Utah.
    Our calls are down about 30% right now, people staying home and out of trouble. It's giving us time to stock and plan for what may be coming. We have planned a three step program; yellow, orange, red. We are operating at yellow now which means engines no longer go on medical calls with symptoms of corona virus. At orange engines and ladders stay in the station for all medical calls and we take one ladder out of service to man two additional ambos. All vacations are also cancelled at this stage. Red is more of the same and we start rotating in admin staff to man additional med units, including a fast action rig that could go and evaluate and determine transport priority.

If a large number of firefighters get sick we may have to drop C shift and go to A/B only, 24 on/24 off.

Our PPE is holding up pretty well. That's all I can remember for now.
    I saw someone upstream mention homeless shelters. I talked to a captain who responded on a call to our shelter last night. He said it was a total shitshow with none of the protocols we helped them develop in place. Symptomatic patient in a crowd of other homeless, no one isolated or wearing PPE.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Currently 4 dead on board, 138 sick, and nowhere to go. They were heading for Ft Lauderdale but Panama won't let them through the canal. It's easy to say "Why the fuck would you take cruise now?" Well they probably booked their cruise months earlier, and there's this

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...eni-story.html

Ugh^^^ that cruise ship. If we got within sight of land they'd have to shoot me to keep me from jumping and making a swim for it. That seriously sounds like 5th level of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I saw someone upstream mention homeless shelters. I talked to a captain who responded on a call to our shelter last night. He said it was a total shitshow with none of the protocols we helped them develop in place. Symptomatic patient in a crowd of other homeless, no one isolated or wearing PPE.
    Fuck

ETA-thank you and all EMS first responders and frontline healthcare providers !!!
    Last edited by happytimefunbox; 03-28-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Chinese Rat Flu

With all the demand for PPE, task forces searching for supply chain, cached stores if PPE, etc - here is the Greeley police department prioritizing using PPE for drug raids.

Fucking stupid

Name:  IMG_0519.JPG
Views: 716
Size:  114.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 03-28-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I'm not saying it's not real, but when I look at that website all of the 'it's not real' alarms are going off.
    Another view

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rfa...06.html/ampRFA

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Solid comment. Resonates.

Edit: Just got to my comment here, several others mentioned it, I second the writing for a larger audience...
    sent from Utah.
    I’d also like to thank Stucky for priming the pump a few hundred pages back

Hey, remember when that Chinese doctor who tried to ring alarms about this virus was slapped down and then died? And we and our media all said, oh, that awful Chinese government? I guess we're pretty awful too, now. At least this guy is still alive, for now.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...as-been-fired/

Yeti's words resonate!!

New test, 9 mins for positive, 13 for negative, 50,000 tests being sent out this week.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja.../#3bb446f96086

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    New test, 9 mins for positive, 13 for negative, 50,000 tests being sent out this week.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja.../#3bb446f96086
    Abbot delivering 50k tests per day is huge. That means in about 30 days we can reach the testing level of S Korea (0.5% of population) and start taking the next steps to sort the sick from the healthy from the immune.

Ya can’t control what ya can’t measure

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I know this was for benny, but deaths attributed to COVID-19 in the us? I'm assuming about 70% of the population will get it and 400,000 will die from COVID-19. Then a lot will die from other issues associated with our HC and economy being fuckered. Maybe 750,000 dead?
    Hard to say really

100k cases yesterday approx. But recall har due to under testing who really knows the real number? That 100k doubles every 2.5 days on a 32% increase.

10 days - 1.6million cases

Let's take the lower end fatality rate of 0.5% - 8,000 fatalities

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Abbot delivering 50k tests per day is huge. That means in about 30 days we can reach the testing level of S Korea (0.5% of population) and start taking the next steps to sort the sick from the healthy from the immune.

Ya can’t control what ya can’t measure
    Seems like eventually the test for immunity will be as important as the test for the virus itself. Not sure where they are at with that yet though. Really wish we had it though, proven immunity would allow a lot of people to get back to work and stop sitting at home worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    They closed one of the two shelters here, and put everyone in the high school gymnasium to achieve proper distancing. That effort is completely wasted when they "release" them every morning, where they immediately form a large group to smoke and basically have a sidewalk party for a half hour before pairing up to roam the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-wh...ent/a-52941947. ...Coronavirus: Why are the death rates different?
    Many of us must be tracking the daily infection and death rates from the coronavirus. You may have noticed, the death rates differ greatly from country to country. Here are some of the main reasons.
    He lost me when he started talking so much about Germany. Timing, is why Germany is doing better than the others, and IMO it's about to blow up there deaths wise.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...-zero-in-idaho

We made the news! 2nd highest per capita rate next to NYC but fortunately we have hundreds of Seattle folk pouring in every day to escape Seattle. More WA plates here than Idaho. Wife saw a Rover fro WA packed to the gills with TP, like its all they brought. You can't make this shit up.

Anyhow, it's a mess. Many sick friends (all recovering), totally exhausted friends in healthcare, etc. This thing is rugged.

I wonder at this point if anybody has numbers on how many dead and seriously sick were cigarette smokers.