Page 358 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 41810

Exclamation Here's how the $1200 payments work...plus APOCALYPSE QUIETLY POSTPONED

From the Congressional Research Service:
    COVID-19 and Stimulus Payments to Individuals: Summary of the 2020 Recovery Rebates in the March 22 CARES Act
    https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11268

It's relatively short, as government documents go, and will tell you exactly how things work.
    tl;dr
    It's an advance against 2020 tax payments
    Phases out above 75K for individuals, 150K for couples
    You only get it if you filed for 2019 or 2018
    You don't get it unless you and your spouse both have an SSN, not a TIN, unless you're in the military

====

Apocalypse quietly postponed!

Remember this report from Neil Ferguson at Imperial College? 2.2M Americans and over 500K Brits are going to die!!11!!111 This report has been plastered all over this thread, as well as used by the "news" and Democrats everywhere to predict apocalypse due to #orangeman.
    https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

Ferguson has now quietly walked that back to...20K deaths in the UK. Maybe much less.

UK has enough intensive care units for coronavirus, expert predicts
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...pert-predicts/
    "UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower."

AND

"His comments come as a team at the University of Oxford released provisional findings of a different model that they say shows that up to half the UK population could already have been infected."
    Here's a link to the actual study:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20042291v1

Hey, remember when I was saying this 11 days ago and everyone here was dragging me for it?
    "It could be that Covid-19 has been spreading in America, and in King County in particular, for much longer than we think it has - and that a lot of people have already had it, figured they just had the flu or not noticed anything at all, and recovered just fine.
    It could also be that many of the cases of "seasonal flu" this year have actually been from Covid-19.
    Either way, this would mean we're a lot farther along the infection curve than we thought, and that Covid-19 is less deadly here in the US than in China or Italy."

Once again, and as I've said since the beginning, be smart - it's not "just the flu, bro." But this isn't the apocalypse, especially if you're healthy.

==========

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Don't believe my reviews? Read some examples for yourself!

What's in the Senate coronavirus stimulus bill? Take a look here

ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly
    Last edited by Spats; 03-27-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Updated Oxford study link to point to actual study

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I had no idea you were a lumberjack.
    BWAH!!!
    Well played sir, well played!

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    BWAH!!!
    Well played sir, well played!
    Duh rien
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

So unless Trump vetoes the recently-passed legislation in Congress, a bunch of mags are probably going to be getting a check from the guber'ment.

I couldn't help but laugh at Boris testing positive. At least he could admit it though.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I spent my formative years in Pelham, can I come to your BBQ this weekend?
    If it wasn't going to rain Sunday, I was going to have a 'social distancing' barbecue outside in my yard. BYO of course and everybody gets their own 28.26sq ft of personal space.
    Last edited by Ski220; 03-27-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Correct typo

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    From the Congressional Research Service:
    COVID-19 and Stimulus Payments to Individuals: Summary of the 2020 Recovery Rebates in the March 22 CARES Act
    https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11268

It's relatively short, as government documents go, and will tell you exactly how things work.
    tl;dr
    You only get it if you filed for 2019 or 2018
    You don't get it unless you and your spouse both have an SSN, not a TIN, unless you're in the military
    Wish they would tied it to unemployment claims, or some kind of index to help those most affected. I guess if the goal is to stimulate the economy...giving it to people that will go out and spend is beneficial....I don't know. I don't have a better plan I guess.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well you can't have a screwdriver without orange juice. Clearly it was an emergency.
    or she's a Type 1 diabetic, and needs to have OJ in the house, but was otherwise well stocked.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I wonder if, perhaps, as a society in general, they are much better at risk assessment than we are...
    The country that put the emergency generators for a seaside nuclear plant in the basement?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The country that put the emergency generators for a seaside nuclear plant in the basement?
    coming from a country that threw away the dealing with a pandemic playbook just before a pandemic hit, we shouldn't be chucking stones.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So you're saying nationally we have a lot of high deductible plans and really shitty coverage with high copays
    Can confirm.

I'm fortunate as my employer covers *all* the premium for the shitty HDHP.

My sneaky pro-plan is to stay healthy and not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Well....there were several mags that quoted the article and appeared to not understand that the article was talking about combined out of pocket for private insurance. That is why I commented...many probably did not click the actual link and read the details. The article is not saying that you individual would have to pay $20K/$95K.
    Still, it doesn't matter who pays it, it's absolutely ridiculous that the costs are so high.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Some good news?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...health-england

On Wednesday Prof Sharon Peacock, from Public Health England, told MPs on the science and technology committee that a home test to detect antibodies indicating somebody has had Covid-19 was being evaluated this week in Oxford to make sure it worked as well as is claimed and would be available next week. Government advisers later cautioned that the test might not be ready so quickly.
    You can buy them on the market for $5/test. From an e-mail from a guy I bought some bluetooth software from:

The world is in the difficult time of fighting the new Coronavirus (COVID-19). I noticed that many people do not have test kit of Coronavirus. Just like we suffered in China. We can offer you Coronavirus IgM/IgG Rapid Test Kit $150 USD per box, good for testing 30 people, $5USD per person for limited period. It takes 15 minutes to get results.

Further more, we can offer disposable medical/surgical masks (for prevention and for illness alike), infrared thermometer, mercury-free clinical thermometer, sterilized medical disposable protective gown (for ICU and operation room). These products are from our supplying chain with SFDA, CE or FDA certifications, widely used in China when we were at the height of fighting the new Coronavirus. For small volume, you can order them from www.bluesoleil.com; for large volume, you can contact us with email, we will offer you the best price with good quality and timely supply. And more products will be listed on www.bluesoleil.com.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    It’s also a credit to 2020 tax filers. So.... the advance is really to access the credit. Also, HoH phases out above $112,500.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    My point is why should anyone be shopping for 1 or 2 days? Is it that difficult to plan at least a week of meals? These are the simple things that everyone should be doing.

Stock here is pretty decent. Still no Clorox wipes and a couple other items.
    Sometimes you might just need a couple things to fill the needs with all of the previous staples you have already purchased. Did find generic bleach surface cleaner and Lysol Kitchen this morning. What I'm amazed at is the difference between Trader Joes / Whole Foods and the regular Harris Teeter. Trader Joes had a line at least 100 feet out the door (limiting numbers inside so people can stand close together outside). Drove right by and headed to Whole Foods. Looked good. Parked and went inside. Lines for every register going up every aisle so there was no way to shop and not be on top of people. Walked right back out. Drove to Harris Teeter a couple blocks away and the store was deserted with tons of stock and plenty of space to avoid others. Been this way for weeks now with the higher end stores just packed to the gills and the normal stores empty with decent selection of fresh food. Hell, I even saw TP for sale three days ago.

That’ll change as people have less money soon.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Or come over here to NY where the stores are quiet and well stocked again. I was amazed at how few people were in the market in Yorktown yesterday and the meat dept was fully stocked.
    I'm pretty sure that the Whole Foods supply chain is pretty fucked. I like mine a few miles away, but they're having issues keeping anything stocked, besides produce. They are good at crowd control, though, limiting access to only a certain amount.

The local markets are much better stocked . Except toilet paper. I mean, wtf, it's still hard to find. What is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Southwest has been having a big sale on tickets and you don't have to use them anytime soon.
    Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I posted a few days ago about a symptomatic physician in my wife's group being tested last Saturday. Today is day seven and still no result. A physician, who could be seeing patients, cannot get a test result in a week.
    I would hope protocol mandates that provider follow self quarantine procedures. He/she wouldn’t be seeing patient while symptomatic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Except toilet paper. I mean, wtf, it's still hard to find. What is wrong with people?
    People are terrified of not having any and I get it, without a bidet, things will get iggy quick. And fuck a $1,200 advance on my 2020 tax burden. Is that really what I read?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I just started a road ride out of my town's H.S. parking lot, and this was the scene when I got back to my car. Nice nearly 60 degree sunny day. All girls, one to a car, parked about ten feet from each other, chattering. It's a new thing for white girls.

In the unlikely event anyone is reading Spats's posts, the Ferguson was study was discussed here yesterday. The estimates aren't so much revised (or quietly walked back, lol) as they are a reflection of changing strategies i.e., doing nothing versus social distancing and mitigation restrictions.

The United States and the U.K. changed course after the original study was released and the new study reflects the course change.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Nice Audi wagon.

Kids here don't drive beaters.

Unless they are ‘ironic’ beaters. We see that here.
    But it’s always the stoner dudes.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident