Page 1067 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 ... LastLast
Results 26,651 to 26,675 of 41810
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No no, has to be a, "If Biden wins, where are you moving?" as well.
    Brazil, Hungary, Poland, Philippines..... too many sad alternatives these days. But hey trump has just announced a truthology 1776 bureau, so he might get ahead of them.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    We got our flu shots 3 days before lockdown in March, and it was very freaky. Lining up in a dark parking lot pre-dawn with other at-risk folks for a wartime process of vaccination all while nobody had any handle on this COVID thing. Then there was no subsequent flu season...
    Of course there was, but all of the cases were considered covid. Unless the emergence of covid caused all of flu and pneumonia cases to suddenly disappear?

X

Quote Originally Posted by DeathRaven View Post
    Of course there was, but all of the cases were considered covid. Unless the emergence of covid caused all of flu and pneumonia cases to suddenly disappear?
    No they weren't. Does anybody fucking read anymore?

How coronavirus lockdowns stopped flu in its tracks
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01538-8

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    No they weren't. Does anybody fucking read anymore?

How coronavirus lockdowns stopped flu in its tracks
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01538-8
    I'd ignore the 15 post JONg, Huck.......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I'd ignore the 15 post JONg, Huck.......
    You're right. It's like whack a mole round here.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    You're right. It's like whack a mole round here.
    Whack a troll.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Lulzed, loudly. Thanks for that.

Given how stringent Oz was on the lockdown, it's no wodner people want to get away, even it only means for a few hours. And you still return to Oz. Not what I do but I get it...
    I don't get it. Maybe a couple of hours max. In 1st class with a window seat. But not seven in cattle class with a high likelihood of no window. Sounds like hell and a good way to catch covid-19, with no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've wonder about masks keeping the flu down too. I for one will be happy that people are wearing masks. Years past when we've had bad flu seasons I would have like to have worn one but didn't because I didn't want to seem like a nutter over "just the flu" but this year I'll fit right in. LOL!!!
    In BC they had a big year coming up so the treeplanting industry did the masking/ distancing/ camp isolation, usually there is one or 2 people sick at any given time but this year not only did nobody get covid they didnt get all the usual sickness that happens in a camp, they ended up isolated for 14 days with no sickness of any kind everybody stayed healthy & made more money
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Better than a vaccine? Certainly less variation with physical barriers in effectiveness at a population level. Masks for airborne, bed nets for insect spread diseases. Sometimes the simple solution is the simple one.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I'm currently waiting for my results. Guidelines here for us are: cold/flu symptoms: stay at home and get tested then come back to school. I'm fine and just have a snotty nose. I'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'm currently waiting for my results. Guidelines here for us are: cold/flu symptoms: stay at home and get tested then come back to school. I'm fine and just have a snotty nose. I'll find out soon enough.
    >>>vibes<<< d00d.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Excellent article on the uncertainty of medical tests. Some of the stuff was discussed months ago (it seems like), this article puts it into context.
    https://www.newyorker.com/science/me...a-medical-test

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Which is funny, because I have only made one post on Twitter in like, 2010

I am definitely not clever enough to have come up with that!
    Hilarious. I actually did volunteer through the University of Iowa. No call back though. I assume they have enough boring middle aged white guys willing to volunteer since they kept asking for more people of color/origin long after I applied.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    >>>vibes<<< d00d.
    Thanx. Especially since I had to do all those extra house hold chores. To quote my wife: "since you have to stay at home, how about you clean those bathrooms instead of watch Amazon prime"

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Thanx. Especially since I had to do all those extra house hold chores. To quote my wife: "since you have to stay at home, how about you clean those bathrooms instead of watch Amazon prime"
    Silly girl - tell her you're afraid you might be spreading more germs than cleaning so it's probably best you sequester yourself on the couch until you get the all clear.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I don't get it. Maybe a couple of hours max. In 1st class with a window seat. But not seven in cattle class with a high likelihood of no window. Sounds like hell and a good way to catch covid-19, with no gain.
    No gain?! Just imagine how much carbon they can put in the atmosphere! Beach season all year long!

I'm amazed at how fast the tickets sold out. Flying is boring as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    No gain?! Just imagine how much carbon they can put in the atmosphere! Beach season all year long!

I'm amazed at how fast the tickets sold out. Flying is boring as fuck.
    Right?

I've always tolerated flying as a means to end. No way I'd willingly ride on a commercial airliner for 7 hours with no destination.

Re: Caputo and my link from above^. I'd bet that Redfield is blabbing after Trump threw him under the bus.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/u...609e0dcb9eb2c0

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Right?

I've always tolerated flying as a means to end. No way I'd willingly ride on a commercial airliner for 7 hours with no destination.
    Exactly. Unless it was super deluxe A number 1 first class with a lounge and only my friends. And hookers and blow.

I'm guessing that Caputo and Alexander are out because Redfield threatened to resign. Jared must have told Trump that Redfield quitting under protest would be even worse than shooting someone in the middle of 5th Ave. Fauci, Redfield, and Birx may be sidelined but Trump et al still see firing them as a bridge too far. BTW who the hell is actually on the task force? I googled it and found nothing recent. Probably no scientists on it except that nutso radiologist from the Hoover institute.

the timeline is scathing. june 30th the cdc says ‘wear masks’ and then the trump appointed science guy responds “Her aim is to embarrass the president”.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Exactly. Unless it was super deluxe A number 1 first class with a lounge and only my friends. And hookers and blow.
    Mile high club

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Right?

I'm of two minds. In clear weather and over interesting geography I can spend a long time staring out the window, but seven hours seems like about five hours too long to scratch this itch.