Page 1340 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 ... LastLast
Results 33,476 to 33,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    If our Governor has his way it will be back to the usual by March.
    Very disappointed that Gov. Gianforte did not lift the mask mandate on Day 1 of his governorship. Will be voting against him in the primary in 4 years

Of course you will.

I thought voting required a base intelligence.

It's going to be fascinating to watch Cuntfish and his pals 'primary' all the republicans by backing Q anon nut jobs and gun toting extremists. And then lose in general elections. Republican party is fractured.

Dog I sure hope so.

AMLO tangles with covfefe

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    AMLO tangles with covfefe
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's been shown repeatedly that the virus has a well-developed sense of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    It's going to be fascinating to watch Cuntfish and his pals 'primary' all the republicans by backing Q anon nut jobs and gun toting extremists. And then lose in general elections. Republican party is fractured.
    Even better Trump starts a maga party. If I actually thought the money would go to anything other than line Trumps pockets I’d donate! Yes run a third party candidate to the right of the Republicans, please!

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    LSL, is your understanding earliest infectious date is usually 2 days then, post-exposure?
    Practically, yes. It takes time for the virus to multiply up to high enough levels where it's likely to transmit. Typically I think 3-5 days is more common, and it can be 10 sometimes too.

Biologically, technically, I don't think the virus is magically non-transmissible just because its levels are minuscule. Consider an analogy... when I'm initially infected, it's like I'm driving down the freeway, widows open, some ashes blow off the tip of my cigarette. It's possible that one of these tiny embers lands in a receptive fuel bed and starts a forest fire. But practically a million people have to do that, and only maybe sometimes will a forest fire start. Being transmissible is like throwing lit flares into the forest. Not every one will start a forest fire, but it's definitely going to happen.

The change from initially infected to infectious is an exponential growth problem, if that means anything to you. You start at 0 virions/ml. After a day, maybe you're at 1000 virions/ml. At 2 or 3 days +/- you could hit 1,000,000 virions/ml and become infectious. Yes, you'd have been 50% as infectious 2 hours earlier, but only 10% 8 hours earlier. Consult an actual virologist for actual numbers, but it's something like that. There's probably a hard minimum time to infectiousness based on how fast the virus can infect a cell, and get its copies manufactured, released, and infect the next set of cells. Takes time for ribosomes to assemble proteins. I don't know that 2 days is the hard minimum, but that seems to be the number I hear (or that fits my confirmation bias). I just now went looking, and numbers are all over, and it's hard to find an answer for minimum time for infectiousness, also called "latent period." Some low quality sources (e.g. worldometer, webmd) say minimum incubation (time to symptoms) of 2 days. High infectiousness begins 1-2 days prior to symptoms.

This reference mentions 1000 and 1,000,000 copies per ml. You could follow its references and go deeper.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768712
    A quick search did not turn up a good reference for 2 days minimum latent period. I'm sure it's out there, I just didn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Restaurants are open for full occupancy in person dining?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    In the adjacent counties they are, which has lead to those places being packed with all the people who don't want to do take-out only. But you're welcome to congregate in the waiting area of a restaurant with 20 other people, about half of whom will have their masks hanging around their chins while you wait for your takeout and case of COVID.

We're also back to shaking hands around here for some inexplicable reason. I've gotten some dirty looks for refusing to do it lately. Haven't encountered that in about a year.

The other big one that's catching on around here is removing your mask to talk. Thanks for flinging your spittle around, shitbags.

Talked to Sister yesterday. She and BIL did drive up testing yesterday. Should have results in 3 days.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Practically, yes. It takes time for the virus to multiply up to high enough levels where it's likely to transmit. Typically I think 3-5 days is more common, and it can be 10 sometimes too.

Biologically, technically, I don't think the virus is magically non-transmissible just because its levels are minuscule. Consider an analogy... when I'm initially infected, it's like I'm driving down the freeway, widows open, some ashes blow off the tip of my cigarette. It's possible that one of these tiny embers lands in a receptive fuel bed and starts a forest fire. But practically a million people have to do that, and only maybe sometimes will a forest fire start. Being transmissible is like throwing lit flares into the forest. Not every one will start a forest fire, but it's definitely going to happen.

. . .
    Thanks, that's an excellent explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Thanks, that's an excellent explanation.
    Yep, appreciate that!

Just over one in ten people are testing positive in my area. We're in a 'lockdown' but the neighbors across the street are still having various friends and family coming and going each day. Drives me crazy to see that.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Ive been seemingly “sick” for a week. Non-covid days, I’d say it was winter-like allergies from the intense dry wind event last week followed by a sinus infection. I got a pcr test on Friday and negative results. So I’m going with my allergy/sinus infection theory. If I’m infected with covid, it would have come from picking up take out, getting packages at the post office, the grocery store, or the pre/post meeting in the patrol locker room. We have a mask requirements in town (and at the ski hill), but occasional people still do not comply.

On Friday, we got take out from a nicer restaurant in town. Restaurants have recently been allowed to open up for outdoor dining. Friday was a wet/cold evening (rain/snow/sleet mix). The indoor dining space at the restaurant was packed. Every table was occupied, as if no pandemic. It sucked.

Harvard has a wordy updated site about Covid that’s written for the intelligent lay-reader: https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...event%20spread.

Something just occured to me. We've been hearing about new mutations a lot, and they're naming them after countries, which is kind of absurd, if you think about it. You know, UK variant, South Africa, and now the Brazil mutation has appeared here. It's like it's easier to blame other people, other places, still, after all this time. But, since we (the US, I mean) have been such a shitshow during this thing, with horrible numbers, and excellent opportunities to travel abroad through trade and pleasure (the rich), shouldn't we be the origin of, like, three or four mutations? And why aren't there named mutations within our borders? It's a big country. Maybe California just made one. And it's going to Idaho or somewhere.

They prob are our mutations. The countries with the superior sequencing and tracking get blessed with the naming rights.

The mutations all have alphanumeric names. Maybe Mofro can keep them all straight.

Imma mutate on yo assssssssssss.

Crazy stuff. Tom Brady's parents both had Covid and his 76 year old dad spent three weeks in the hospital this fall:
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-stressed-out

Last summer he was downplaying Covid, including holding non-masked group workouts and doing the 'there are more suicides than covidd deaths' routine.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...fl/3264338001/

Nothing like having both parents get the rona to make you change your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Something just occured to me. We've been hearing about new mutations a lot, and they're naming them after countries, which is kind of absurd, if you think about it. You know, UK variant, South Africa, and now the Brazil mutation has appeared here. It's like it's easier to blame other people, other places, still, after all this time. But, since we (the US, I mean) have been such a shitshow during this thing, with horrible numbers, and excellent opportunities to travel abroad through trade and pleasure (the rich), shouldn't we be the origin of, like, three or four mutations? And why aren't there named mutations within our borders? It's a big country. Maybe California just made one. And it's going to Idaho or somewhere.
    I feel like China has not been adequately shamed. Of course, that would mean people would have to care about the environment and humane treatment of animals and all that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I feel like China has not been adequately shamed. Of course, that would mean people would have to care about the environment and humane treatment of uighurs and all that.
    FIFY.

You/ we/ they don't really know how covid made the jump from animal to human, it could have even happened in yurp and then made the jump in China ( say china like trump would and show what a dumb ass you are )

I don't think China really cares unless of course you believe the the common conspiracy that theory China did it on purpose in which case they succeeded

except that sure fucked up their trade with America & the world dinit and so are they that stupid ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

These people seem like fuckheads.
    Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines doses meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
    Located deep in Canada’s Yukon, the remote community of Beaver Creek is home to only about 100 people, most of them members of the White River First Nation.

So when an unfamiliar couple who claimed to work at a local motel showed up at a mobile clinic to receive coronavirus vaccines, it didn’t take long for locals to become suspicious. Authorities soon found that the couple were actually wealthy Vancouver residents who had chartered a private plane to the isolated outpost so that they could get shots intended to protect vulnerable Indigenous elders.

“I can’t believe I’ve ever seen or heard of such a despicable, disgusting sense of entitlement and lack of a moral compass,” Mike Farnworth, the British Columbia solicitor general, said Monday, according to the Vancouver Sun.
    I hope they can’t get the second vax.